Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage BestoftheYear Outdoors Gift Guide on Tikes

Format: DVDChange

on October 12, 2011
Ok, I personally have owned all 9 seasons individually and then the complete series which is a wonderfully made IPS Truck in which the back holds (9) 3 disc tiny little box sets. Each one has a small picture of what the cover of the original 9 season box sets look like. To clarify each season of these tiny box sets match the front cover of the same season that was put out originally. In the front of the IPS truck (under the hood) there is a episode guide for each season. Here is a link to that set. Check the pictures for the design, the individual tiny box sets, etc.

NOW, when I seen this new 40.00 set come out I was like how come so cheap? Just look at the pictures... it is ok packaging and its the same discs you will find in other complete set or the original 9 box sets but the discs come on 2 separate spindles. Could cause damage to the discs over time if you move it around a lot. Spindles aren't the best for storing discs.

So basically, if you are a hard core fan I would recommend the 120.00 really nice IPS Truck Set. Few complete series are as creative and nicely done as it is. If you are new fan trying out the show or don't really care about how it comes then save the 80.00 and go with the 40.00 set with the spindles inside.
Just wanted to warn people so they aren't upset with the packaging of the 40.00 set and know what to expect. BOTTOM LINE: Look at all the pictures for both versions before deciding.

Edit: Amazon shouldn't have combined the reviews. That's why there are reviews for the IPS Truck 150.00 set and they are under the 40.00 set reviews and vice versa. They should have been separate. I can see why people were confused on what set they are getting.
2323 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2011
Package? Let me start with the package. I hear people complain about the package. There isn't anything wrong having dvds on a spindle. I have a few hundred dvds on spindles and never had a scratch from it and they all work fine. I am not throwing the spindles around though. Just take reasonable care with the collection. And I have to say that EVERYONE REALLY SHOULD SAVE THE CARDBOARD INSERT THAT HOLDS THE DISCS DOWN IN THE SPINDLE. Don't throw that away. The cardboard insert holds the discs nice and tight so the discs won't rattle at all. Without the cardboard insert, the discs will rattle around. The package doesn't compare to the more expensive truck box collection but if it means that I am going to save +$60 for this collection, then the cost reducing package is a 5 out of 5.

Picture quality? Lets just say I have seen some amazing looking DVDs and this isn't the case here. It is fine with me but if you watch the syndicated series on TBS HD a lot like I do and expect something close to that, then you will notice a pretty big difference in picture quality and be somewhat disappointed. There are artifacts showing at times. I am a little more forgiving of the picture quality because this is a comedy series. If it was a special effect science fiction/action movie, then I would be disappointed. It is about 3 hours of show per disc which is too high considering I think these are regular 4.7GB discs. It is still good enough for me because the hilarious show makes me forget about some slight artifacts. If they made this in blu-ray or made it look somewhat like TBS HD, it would have been perfect. As for aspect ratio, I am actually a fan of keeping the original aspect ratio rather than zooming or stretching the picture. Good job there. I give the picture quality a 3.75 out of 5.

The King of Queens show? What can I say about The King of Queens show? It is one of the best comedies that I have ever seen. They have lots of funny plots and the entire cast is hilarious. We rarely see an entire cast all be funny but this is one of them. Doug, Carrie and Arthur are hilarious but then we see co-stars like Deacon, Spence, Holly, Danny Heffernan, Richie, etc. who can make me laugh just as much as the major characters. I put this show in my top 3 comedy shows of all-time. 5 out of 5!

Price? 9 seasons and 4,532 minutes of hilarious comedy is worth the bargain price. Definitely a 5 out of 5 there!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2013
Well, first off, let me just say that I've only watched the first two episodes from Season one, and (contrary to some of the negative reviews), the picture was fine! Mind you, it may not have been quite as sharp as some of the finest quality DVDs I have, but then again, I'm not so sure I would have even noticed any (slight) lack of quality, if I hadn't read those particular reviews!
But really, for $33.33 (when it's on sale here) for almost 76 hours of one of the funniest and wittiest comedies in television history, with decent video and sound quality- it's difficult to complain! But there is a solution to the one problem that pretty much everyone seems to agree on- the now infamous: 'two spindles'!
But before I forget, I also wanted to mention that every single disc is in great condition, and there are no duplicates, etc.
Now, about those 'spindles'.....
I can fully understand why people would be irked at having to constantly remove and replace several DVDs on two separate spindles (my plastic cases came unglued as soon as I opened the box, though, luckily, the discs stayed on the spindles!), just to search for one particular disc!
However, before even ordering this set, I remembered that I had bought a bulk package of thin, clear, double DVD slim cases years ago from Best Buy or somewhere for about $10, which I hadn't even opened! So, upon opening the box set, I started examining, then placing each disc in the cases (two discs per case). I managed to fit eleven of the slim double cases snuggly in the box, though ten is a little more comfortable, with the remaining four cases containing the remaining DVDs, outside, and beside the box. So there! No problem! Don't have to rummage through the two piles! Try Best Buy, or here on Amazon (just checked- they do have them), and get a package of slim DVD cases. You'll be glad you did!
P.S. I've included a photo of how nicely the discs fit into the original box, in the slim cases. (click on the customer image thumbnails, just beneath the picture of the DVD set)
review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 4, 2008
Now this what I call a sitcom! King Of Queens is in my opinion the greatest television comedy of all time, that is correct the greatest of all time.

Set in Queens, NY is an all star cast featuring Kevin James as Doug Heffernan, an overweight IPS driver, that is pretty much the all american fat guy. He eats alot, drinks, is obsessed with sports, watches alot of tv, makes farting noises with his hand, and oh did I mention he eats alot. Also starring Leah Remini as Carrie Heffernan, the outspoken, strong, and alot of times mean, beautiful wife of Doug. And last but not least Jerry Stiller as Arthur Spooner, the outrageous father-in-law that lives in Doug and Carries basement after setting fire to his house, trying to cook on an old hot plate. The three of these actors are a dynamic trio, that without anyone of these characters the show would not have turned out as funny as it did. I have to say that every character created in King Of Queens is funny, I have tried to think of one that maybe I did not quite like, but after thinking long and hard I love them all, from the quirky dog walker starring Nicole Sullivan as Holly Shumpert that Doug and Carrie hire to walk their father, to the mean waitress Doug almost fought with but ends up trying to run away scared. I have watched alot of sitcoms, and have yet to find one that comes close to the King Of Queens. I now use the ignorant word "Shutty" instead of shut up or be quite. I feel that it's nicer than using "shut up", and not quite as nice as "be quite". Even after watching each episode atleast five times, they are all still as funny as the first time I watched them.

This is for anyone who loves over the top funny comedy. That can appreciate the greatness tv sometimes has to offer. Although all the episodes are hilarious, it also brings us back to reality with some very powerful and meaningful moments. The very last episode had me cracking up, but also in tears. That's what great tv is all about.
2626 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2008
There are lots of boxed sets of various television series out there but this one stands head and shoulders above them all by virtue of its amazing packaging. The set comes in an IPS delivery truck designed as a cue to the truck in the TV series. The hood opens up and this is where the liner notes about the program is found. At the other end of the vehicle is a door which, when opened, reveals a stack of DVD "packages" sitting on top of a little miniature pallet.

If you care about such things, I think the packaging even has won some awards.

Oh yeah, and the series itself is pretty good :-)
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2011
Well King of Queens is one of my all time favorite shows. I was sooo excited to see that they were re releasing the series at a incredibly cheeper price!!! It was almost to good to be true. You can purchase the old packaging but for 100+ dollars. This packaging in this current form basically piles all the DVDs in two deep pockets. There are no separate cases for each season. So you have to be very careful not scratch the discs. I think that because of new digital download erra is upon us, that companies dont care how the deliver there dvd content any more. They lower the price and make it seem like the best thing ever, and now you are stuck with a cheep box and a pile of discs with no cases. So if you must own this product at the price of $40.00 and dont care about having your DVD cases nice and protected, go for it. If not, i would spend the extra money to get the nicer packaging.

I hope this help you out!
review image review image review image review image review image
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2007
If you're even looking at this, you're a fan of the show, so the fact that it's a hilarious show is out of the way. Let's talk about the set - it's perfect. The IPS truck design is great; you 'unload' the discs from the back, and the episode guide is under the hood in the front. Each season has a fold out CD-like case and they all fit in the back of the truck. It's seriously beautiful for fans of the show. Must buy if you don't own any of the seasons!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2013
This "Special Delivery Pizza Box" (looks unbelievable real) contains all 9 seasons of the series. All episodes on 18 blurays !!

Region: only B
Language: German DTS 2.0, Englisch DTS 2.0
Subtitles: German
Picture: Season 4-9 1920x1080p (1.78:1), Season 2 and 3 1080i (1,78:1), Season 1 480p (1,33:1/4:3)
Season 1 not in HD !! only SD
In Germany there were some problems with disc 1 of season 1...some byers could not play it...even an update on the players was not helpful.
The picture quality of season 1 is not better than a DVD, but season 2-9 are great to watch...all clear, beautyful colours.
Running time: 4736 min

Extras (englisch) in SD:
- A look back on the show (16:12 min)
- Thanks to the fans (4:48 min)
- The 200th episode (1:47 min)
- Writing (12:32 min)
- Charakters (14:53 min)
- Synchronisation (only german language 18:39 min)
- A day in the life of Kevin James (12:14 min)
- Audio commentary on "Pilot" and "Net Prophets"
- Funny Scenes (4:13 min)

If you are a fan and you have a RegionFree-Player...look out for a good price and buy want regret it. Please excuse my englisch...its my first review in englisch.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2007
Like the topic says, I love King Of Queens. And thanks to the US Amazon Shop and the fast and cheap international shipping, I can enjoy now the whole series at home in Germany during the Christmas Holiday's. And now a few informations about the Box. The Box looks like an IPS Truck and it is made of paperboard, but it still looks not cheap or that it can break in half when you touch it. Second it got two really cool features, when you open the hood you will find indexcards with informations (title and a short summary) about every episode. And when you open the luggage compartment door you will find 9 paperboard digipacks with plastic disc holders. So the DVD's are well protected and they don't get scratches on the surface that easily. Overall it's a great box and definitly worth the money. 5 Stars for Sony Pictures and the King Of Queens Boxset.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everybody!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2008
Please note: If I were rating the show itself I would give it 5 stars. The show itself is hilarious. The interplay between Kevin James, Leah Remini, and Jerry Stiller is fantastic. But, if you are reading this you probably already know that.
I give the box set release 3 stars because there are no deleted scenes, bloopers, or show commentaries. I've seen all the episodes. I was hoping for the same kind of extras that Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, and The Office put into their season DVD releases. The extra 'bonus' disc with this set is pretty worthless.
If you don't care about bonus features, then by all means, buy this set. The show looks good, sounds good, and the truck is pretty cool.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse