Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Format: PaperbackChange

on June 3, 2008
From the first page Glazer sucks you into his real-life (crime) drama and you won't want to put the book down until the last word. He tells his story in a cinematic fashion so that you feel like you are right there with him, sweat dripping down your neck, as he takes down drug dealers, fools the FBI, impersonates the DEA and runs for his life over and over.

This book is truly amazing and I have been recommending it left and right. The idea that you can be whoever you want in this world is proven true by Glazer and luckily he lives to tell his incredible tale. The true feat is that with every high of a sting gone well, you can feel the ominous weight of what must be eventual consequences for this modern day cowboy. Read this and be captivated!
0Comment10 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2008
Sal Manna, you are wonderful, thank you for making my first week in August memorable. That is assuming Mister Glazer told you the story and it was your writting of his story that has had me re read this fantastic tale. The King of Sting is now my favorite true story. I am in my early 50's and boy could I relate to these two modern day pirates/Glazer and Woodbeck. Man just reading this book gave me a rush....you guys got me high on your high. Stinging or rather robbing drug dealers posing as cops, cool, but then becoming a real undercover agent...at twenty...bet you pulled over a few hot chicks Glazer....The Hollywood part was second only to the final sting, ripping off hoods that turned out to be feds...priceless.....I was sad when Don died and I really liked Grandpa Benny...in an odd way I was entertained by Glazer's father, Stan...not a total villian...did I like the King of Sting...NO, I LOVED THE KING OF STING, please, please don't leave me hanging and write what happened these last fifteen or so years Mister Glazer and Mister Manna....You boys have a big fan in Dave....thank you for reminding me of why we read books, to learn, to enjoy and to dream...thank you both
11 comment3 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2008
Just finished reading this book and liked it considerably. Enjoyed all the photos and details that were given throughout the book. This was an exciting story!!! A+!!
on October 8, 2008
I first heard Craig promoting his book on the radio and I suppose it is a tribute to his gift of gab that I went to Amazon that day and bought it- especially considering this is something I never do. After reading the first couple of pages I was hooked. It usually takes me a month to finish a book due to time constraints. This one took less than a week and I never wanted to put it down. His in your face, first person style will hook you from the get go and take you on a ride you won't forget. Even if you don't usually read much but like action novels, this one will not disappoint. How this guy is still alive I don't know.
on November 1, 2008
I picked up this book in part because I recognized Glazer from my hometown of KC. That said, the life he has lead is beyond anything I could dream up. You simply cannot make these tails up, and unfortunately, he has the tragedies to show they are real. This is a great tale, from con to lawman to everything in between, the line between right and wrong blurs quickly. It's hard to believe that this hasn't become film yet because it is compelling stuff.
on October 24, 2008
Raw and gutsy; I would not recommend living this lifestyle (LOL), but one could see how the events and associates in Glazer's life somehow got him to that point. A real adventure of a true "adrenaline junkie" - the pages fly by quickly. Makes one wonder after all the people who were "crossed" why one would want to make it all public (refer back to the words "adrenaline junkie").

Cheers All !!
on September 19, 2008
I was driving across town when I heard this guy on the radio who turned out to be Craig Glazer, telling some of the craziest stories I have ever heard. And then I realized the stories were about his life. At first I thought it was a new movie coming out then I thought he was a celebrity speaker like Sam Elliott but nope.....it turned out he was a guy not much different than me. I haven't bought a book since my wife made me buy her a weight loss book called "Atkins Diet" ....it didn't work.
Times are tough so I went on Amazon to save a little money and buy the The King of Sting. I was hoping it would live up Mr. Glazer's storytelling on the radio. I had high hopes...it was even better. I am not a fast reader and I drive for a living but I finished that thing in 4 days. My only regret is that it wasn't longer. Boy, did it bring back memories of my younger days. Now mind you I never did what Glazer and Woodbeck did but I wanted to live the life of an outlaw like those guys. Kinda a good guy-bad guy. I was impressed with the fact that Glazer really did study up on how to be an outlaw in high school. It sure paid off for him...at least he lived to tell his tale. I think the best part was how far he went to impersonate law enforcement. That was clever. I took it kinda hard that Woodbeck got himself killed. I really wished he would have lived. It would be so entertaining to hear Glazer and Woodbeck tell their stories together on radio or television today.
Mr. Glazer, I hope you read this and there is more coming after The King of Sting. My wife and son are fighting over this book right now over who gets to read it next. The King of Sting is now my favorite book....before you guys it was Northwest Passage.
on October 15, 2008
Last week we were listening to Sirius satellite radio's talk show, Bubba the Love Sponge show, and they had a telephone interview from someone we never heard about - Craig Glazer, the king of sting.

Instantly, we were mesmorized by this man's deep voice and his awesome story of ripping off drug dealers from the 70's thru the 80's, and then even getting to become a special agent himself! C'mon, that truly is a Hollywood movie ready to be made.

But, alas, Hollywood again turns a blind eye to something that could be as solid a movie as other type of lengendary movies such as Goolfellas, Casino, Heat, etc...

What a shame. Hopefully, someone like HBO or Showtime will pick this up for a series, like Dexter or Trueblood type movie-like quality. Keep your fingers crossed.

After the interview on Bubba the Love Sponge's Sirius radio show, the book sales went through the roof. And for good reason! Glazer and Sal Manna did a superb job of transporting the reader back to the early 70's where a young Craig Glazer becomes a modern-day outlaw by ripping off drug dealers after having been ripped off himself in college.

What starts out as some small time robberies and cons, quickly becomes major operations from the midwest to the ast coast and all the way back to the west coast, taking drugs and money away from the bad guys. Glazer and his crazy old friend, Don Woodbeck are colorful and different characters, making the King of Sting a tour-de-force reading experince that never lets up, making the reader stay up til the wee hours of the night reading til the end.

C'mon Hollywood! Wake up! Make this a solid silver screen movie already!
33 comments6 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2008
My favorite crime book of alltime was The Godfather, after that I enjoyed several other crime books like "Catch Me If You Can" and "American Gangster"...The King of Sting is the best true crime book I have read in a couple decades..that bares repeating THE BEST IN A COUPLE DECADES..wow, I planned to read this over a week or so...I could not stop reading this book, finished it in two days...even left work early to keep reading.

The Glazer guy in my opinion, IS the most interesting 'outlaw' of our time..I relate to him as a normal guy cause in his shoes I might have done the same insane things he did...posing as lawmen,ripping off other hoods,becoming a real undercover agent,going to Hollywood to sell his story,getting back into stings, seeing his best friend and partner,Woodbeck killed, and that last sting,I could not believe it except for the writer proving it with court records....how did that miss being a national news story back then in the mid 80's...spy vs. spy...the guy even made prison pay off for him by landing a producing spot on the Ali movie Champions Forever...I will order that too...and he got that gig in prison...reads like a big time movie..for real....hope Hollywood is listening or reading...please turn this page turner into a movie before I die or better yet before Glazer does...from this book, he earned it...to sum up this was a huge suprise read for me, I got wind of it from a friend of mine who knew Glazer in Kansas City and told me to buy The King of Sting...I promise if you like crime, this is THE BOOK...
on July 14, 2008
A friend told me about this book. Once I started reading it I couldn't stop! Read it in 2 days!! Definately a great summer read!! Highly recommended!