Questions & Answers
The Kite Runner
by Khaled Hosseini
4.5 out of 5 stars (4,253)
Used & New from: $0.01
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 questions
votes
votes
Probably not a good idea. There is a rape incident.
Aug 27, 2013 by Kindle Customer
votes
Absolutely not. There are graphic scenes that even adults find disturbing.
Apr 20, 2006 by Catherine
votes
The same way they charge more for a downloaded game than the same game on physical media... Makes no sense
Apr 29, 2013 by e-client
votes
It's amazing but this book really moves you in the most subtle ways... Without spoiling this book for you, the story draws you into the life of a young boy, but is presented from the perspective of an adult. This book brought back so many memories of my childhood, and reminded me about where I have come from, and the path I followed to get here. It talks about the love and bond between two young children, about the fears we have all faced as children, and the choices we all make to survive. That is only one level of the book. Being an individual who grew up in Canada, I found the descriptions of life in Afghanistan very eye-opening. I guess given the past few years of our collective history, I have unconsciously "tuned" out tv and media reports of bombings, and crumbling buildings... this book forced me to think about and acknowledge the atrocities the people of Afghanistan continue to face... it's not showboat primetime news drama, it's earnest, human, and real. /A A+ all around.
Nov 21, 2005 by Amin Lalji
votes
I am in total agreement with all those reviewers who see The Kite Runner as a flawed masterpiece. I too came away feeling somewhat betrayed by the failure of the second half of the book to measure up to the first. This gem of a short story is partly what makes that first half so memorable, and when I finished the book as a whole, it was the story of the Magic Cup and the images of kite-running which remained imprinted. Such a shame that a story told so deftly should be counterpoised by the all-too-sensationalist images of fake Taleban beards and eye-sockets filled with brass balls.
Dec 15, 2007 by Mr. Alex S. Went
votes
I agree. This is not a read for anyone under the age of 18. Too many references to drugs, suicide, etc..
Sep 13, 2010 by Lana B.
vote
Is this book any good? Oct 31, 2005
Just finished the book a few minutes ago. Well worth the read. I loved it!
Nov 11, 2005 by D. Dunaway
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers