4.0 out of 5 stars Great pictures & advice
Published on January 28, 2011 by FutureBride01330

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent.
I like that this is a great lookbook, but there isn't a lot of options to look at for the cake as well as it needs to have more theme ideas.
Published 17 months ago by Amazing L

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pictures & advice, January 28, 2011
This review is from: The Knot Ultimate Wedding Lookbook: More Than 1,000 Cakes, Centerpieces, Bouquets, Dresses, Decorations, and Ideas for the Perfect Day (Hardcover)
I initially saw this book in a bookstore but it was $40.00 and I thought that was a little too steep for my budget. So I naturally went on Amazon and purchased it for $26! Such a great deal. Not only does it have amazing pictures, but for every part of your wedding, it gives a check list and how long you should give yourself to accomplish a task. Amazing. This will be glued to my side throughout my entire planning process. Great work, The Knot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource, July 25, 2012
I purchased this book as a gift for a recently engaged friend. She has told me on more than one occasion that it has been the single most useful resource for her wedding planning. She found the advice to be insightful and the suggestions sensible. I got the opportunity to look over the book myself recently, and I agree with her in that the book manages to inspire and encourage creativity while maintaining a level of practicality. A lot of wedding planning books and "look books" are full of gorgeous ideas that are completely out of reach (financially) for most couples. One of our favorite things about this book is that it's a great resource for anyone planning a wedding, no matter the budget.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Knot Ultimate Wedding Lookbook, February 2, 2012
Book was well presented. Lots of interesting ideas. Beautiful combination of vibrant colours. Design are practical and refreshing. Would recommend this book to any Would- be- couple.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, June 5, 2013
Gives TONS of great ideas. Also super helpful because I had no idea how to plan a wedding. It goes through some of the basics as well as the details most people may not know. For example, it tells you how to properly/formally address and word invitations (I had no idea!).

Lots of colors combinations and ideas for your own wedding. Great purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Total eye candy, September 26, 2012
This wedding book is filled with so much eye candy and appeal. Not sure of your wedding colors? No problem. There are so many color combinations to choose from. The pictures are amazing too. I could easily picture what an ideal wedding could look like. Don't have a big wedding budget? No problem. This book shows you simple but elegant decorating ideas. Have a large wedding budget? No problem. This book will show you elaborate ideas for your wedding too. A must have for any bride to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty pictures!, January 26, 2012
This is hands-down the best book for wedding ideas! The reception chapter and flower chapters were really useful too. Beautiful photography, fresh ideas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, January 7, 2011
This book is just what I needed! There are so many great ideas in The Knot's Ultimate Wedding Lookbook that I would have never thought of, and so many of them are absolutely inspiring. This book is so comprehensive, it touches on every detail you want and need to know about planning your wedding. The best part - the gorgeous photos and fun facts throughout the book. If you're a bride-to-be (or if you know a bride-to-be) I highly recommend purchasing this book...you'll absolutely love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, June 23, 2014
I bought this for my cousn's daughter who is getting married. She loved it and found some good ideas that she's going to use. Nice pictures and tips from flowers to the cocktail hour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great engagement gift, April 12, 2014
I gave this as a gift to my brother's fiance when they announced their engagement. I was given a lot of instructional type wedding guide gifts when I was getting married, and they were kind of overwhelming and had a lot of advice I didn't have use for, even when planning my own wedding. This book is great because it's all pictures, just tons of inspiring ideas for a wedding; decor, flowers, cake, etc. While a guide detailing traditions, budgeting, and timing is useful, I think this is more fun for a newly engaged bride-to-be to pour over. It allows for a little excitement before the stressful side of planning sets in. The Knot is a well-respected, very tasteful and fun website for wedding planning, so I knew the book would have great photography, and classic as well as current trends. I tried to flip through it as best I could without bending it before gifting and the pictures were all beautiful. The one I received was hard bound. If you're a wedding planner, I'd highly recommend this for the bride and groom to look over, to give you ideas of what they want in their wedding. The same goes for mothers, sisters, bridesmaids to help the bride do her planning.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very basic..., April 12, 2014
I bought this in the hope that it would give me some amazing ideas but was disappointed. The ideas on their website is much better and fresher...