Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 25, 2012
This book is a complete waste of money. If it cost only $1 it would still be too expensive. I suspect that it was written for the age-old reason of "just making money", more specifically, just cashing in on someone else's fame, namely Kobe Bryant's.

The Kobe Code could be called a good book under the following two circumstances:

1. If the author were still in 6th grade
2. If the author learned to read and write in prison and this was his first attempt to write something.

Sadly, neither of these are true in this situation.
This "book" (it's not even that) is the blathering of an (I'm guessing) unemployed guy (living in his Mom's
basement) on the subject of what he thinks Kobe Bryant thinks about based on what he sees on TV.
There are a handful of Kobe quotes from other sources and many Youtube links to game footage.
The rest is just primitive stream-of-thought commentary that you might hear a guy saying at a bar
as everyone watches a game on the screen.

Almost all paragraphs are 1-2 sentences long.
Most paragraphs start with the word "he" or "Kobe".

Dear Amazon: Please read the book (takes about 10 minutes) before you take down my review for not being nice.
on October 29, 2012
So Pat Mixon begins this book by saying that none of what he writes in the book comes directly from Kobe himself. This look into Kobe's life is very presumptuous. It merely talks about the obvious and then gives you a bunch of youtube links as "sources" to what makes Kobe ticks. It's the equivalent of watching youtube videos of Kobe and then making assumptions on to how you think Kobe leads his life. Don't bother wasting your money on this. It is a waste of your time.
on September 15, 2011

1. If the author were still in 6th grade

Sadly, neither of these are true in this situation.
as everyone watches a game on the screen.

Almost all paragraphs are 1-2 sentences long.
Most paragraphs start with the word "he" or "Kobe".

44 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2013
This guy isn't even a writer. He's apparently published a few things on bleacherreport.com but this entire book is just his thoughts summed up furnished with a few Kobe quotes. This man has never talked to Kobe and never will. Please save yourself the time and don't get this book unless you are an extreme Laker fan and like terrible writing.
on September 15, 2011
I must admit I was a little skeptical about reading The Kobe Code because I am not a basketball fan, nor was I a Kobe Bryant fan, having been bombarded with Kobe's struggles of a few years ago. However, I started reading The Kobe Code with an open mind and while I, like most people, will always remember what he went through, I have a new appreciation for how hard he works and depth of his passion for basketball and to be the best he can. The overriding theme of this book is that hard work pays off. I think we could all benefit from that lesson. I would recommend The Kobe Code to fans and non-fans alike.
on March 15, 2011
Bought this book for my child to do an autobiography project for school hoping to get something to inspire him and relieve him from the task of reading a dull biography. He seems to be enjoying the book. I decided to read the book also to help him along... what a chore with this book. I'm guessing it's self-published by someone who wants to be a writer and is likely full of himself thinking he has talent. I don't care what the writers favorite movie is or what soundtrack he listens to while writing, but I get an earful of such pabulum.

So full of passive voice I can't imagine the writer ever passed a college basic writing course. His attempt at motivation smacks of a not quite drunk Tony Robbins. For example "If you would push yourself, really live by this six principle, you could transform your life." Editor.... where the hell is the editor?

Every page seems to have cliche on cliche. There is no depth to this book. The author's research seems confined to YouTube videos and having attended (or having a transcript from more likely) a basketball academy put on by Kobe.
on February 25, 2011
Simply the best! It highlighted the important aspects of why Kobe is one of the most prominent athlete, person, & figure of our decades. He beat the odds in spite of his many detractors & challenges! He focus on what's more important which is to be the best that you can be, no matter what the odds maybe or dark past you've been. Isn't that what's is more important than the mistakes that people couldn't overpassed because they are too busy pointing on one dark spot in your image? I'm sure that all of us are guilty one way or the other. But what is more important? Yes, the focus & disciplined to make up for it & do all our best to be what we can really be!! Nobody's perfect & we can only do our best to make it each day like as if it's our last..like Kobe in & off the court!! "Veni, Vidi, Vici" & live with this code..per diem.
on October 16, 2015
This book is unreadable.
on February 9, 2016
Given as a gift to huge Kobe fan. Loved it...
I scored. Arrived on time, perfect condition and a big hit.
Will use again.
on January 5, 2015
really great book. very inspirational and motivational.