5.0 out of 5 stars Everything is awesome!
The LEGO Movie Videogame does, in every way, live up to the potential shown in the previous LEGO games. You have all the same silliness, the same kinds of puzzles, and so, so many things to unlock. So, basically, if you like the previous LEGO games, and want more of the same, this is for you.

The plot is, as near as I can tell, the same as in the movie...
Published 10 months ago by Chris Swanson

3.0 out of 5 stars Very simple....
We have Lego Marvel SuperHeroes and it took my 5 yr old and I about 4 months to finish it. (We're not full time gamers or anything) it took about 3 weeks to get through this one. It's got a lot of scenes from the movie so its cute and funny but will probably bore older kids as it is pretty easy to master.
Published 6 months ago by Willsgirlfriday

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything is awesome!, February 8, 2014
This review is from: The LEGO Movie Videogame - Xbox 360 Standard Edition (Video Game)

The plot is, as near as I can tell, the same as in the movie. There’s a world of LEGO that’s inhabited by Emmet, a normal, ordinary guy who finds out that he’s “the Special”, and goes on a quest to save the world from the evil Lord Business. Along the way, he meets the likes of Batman, Abraham Lincoln, and every recent Morgan Freeman character rolled into one, and learns that sometimes building outside the instructions is ok. As a special added bonus, all the characters are voiced by the actors from the movie, so you get Morgan Freeman, Will Farrell, Liam Neeson, etc.

And…that’s about it. You’ll beat the main game with about 35% of the actual game completed, and spend the rest of your life unlocking items and characters. Not that that’s a bad thing. You’ll probably also have a lot of fun, because, come on, LEGO video games are, lately, quite awesome. Oh, and I hope you don’t mind the “Everything is Awesome!” song from the movie because it’s going to be your new best friend in this game.

This is an excellent video game for anyone from about five years old on up. I’m forty-one and I still enjoy it, as well as the other LEGO games. The fact that I’m quite into LEGO, and have been since I was a kid, helps in this. But regardless. It’s a fun game, and I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just started but I love it! -- Updated after main game play finished!, February 7, 2014
I love most of the Lego video games (Lego Batman 1 and the two Indiana Jones games being the only ones I don't like). I wasn't going to get this game, but every time I saw a commercial I laughed. I decided to get the game at the last second so I bought it in the store this morning. I've only been through a couple of levels but this is a really fun world with a lot of fun characters and some interesting locations right now.

Okay, I've finished the main game play and am now doing "cleanup." My favorite thing about Lego video games is the cleanup. I have a cousin who usually plays them with me -- and he prefers the levels. I'm exactly the opposite. I'm really enjoying this world and I'm really enjoying playing the game. The storyline is pretty much exactly the same as the movie (which makes sense) but the game play is just as entertaining and just as addictive as all the others. So, while I enjoyed the game play I'm really looking forward to cleanup now.

I'm someone that will fixate on this game until I get it up to 100 percent. I do it with all the Lego games -- even if I have to go back months later. I'm still stuck on a few things for Lego Marvel (I have issues with flying, I don't know why). I know I will be playing this game whenever I have time over the next few weeks to mop it up and, from what I can tell, I'm going to enjoy every single minute of it.

I'm still doing cleanup -- and I'm enjoying the adventure of doing it. The truth is, I find a perverse sense of enjoyment of making Batman fight next to a mummy. I can't explain it. The game is such a hodgepodge of wonder, I just can't say enough. So, yes, a week later -- I'm still having a grand time with the game. With a three-day weekend coming up, I'm thinking the game is going to detract from spring cleaning. That's both a blessing and a curse.

While I like the main character, I'm honestly most excited about playing with Batman and Wonder Woman again. I'm easy to please like that.

Now I can't wait for Lego The Hobbit. Bring it on.

Okay, I'm about 75 percent done with the game (unfortunately, real life keeps intruding on my game playing). I do have one complaint -- and that it's there's no gold brick detector. I've come to rely on them when playing Lego games -- and I do miss it. There's no character token detector either -- and as I'm missing three characters, that would come in helpful at this point.

Also, I keep seeing people posting reviews saying they finished the main game play at 35 percent. I think that one person really finished the main game play at 35 percent and posted that and everyone else is stealing that number when they didn't really play the game. The truth is, I finished the main game play at 16 percent -- and that was including buying several characters -- so it wasn't just straight game play. I think that's a big discrepancy from the 35 percent everyone else keeps posting. I think it's too much of a coincidence that everyone keeps posting the same number -- when it would be virtually impossible for all these random reviewers to hit the same number in a game where you have to collect so many things. I'm just saying.

Okay, I thought I would come back and update this before my Lego Hobbit arrives in two weeks and I'm on to something new. I finished this to 100 percent about three weeks ago. The last gold brick was a pain to get, but most of the stuff in this game is really easy to complete. I had a great time with it. My only complaint is that I wish it had more tasks to complete. Right now, I would rate it ahead of the first Lego Batman and both Lego Indiana Jones. I would rate it on par with Lego Pirates of the Caribbean and the original Lego Star Wars (and sequel) and slightly behind Lego DC Batman 2, Lego Marvel, both Lego Harry Potters, Lego LOTR and Lego The Clone Wars -- and that's really only because there's not enough to do. Here's hoping that's not the problem with the Leog Hobbit game.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY fun game!, March 7, 2014
Me, my husband, and our four year old son love this game. There is so much to do and it has very funny parts. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, February 21, 2014
everything is awesome lego, power ,puzzles and, most importantly fun so cool I recommend this so again everything is awesome

5.0 out of 5 stars every thing is awesome, February 26, 2014
someone (Port Angeles WA) - See all my reviews
pulled directly from the movie, best lego game play so far, my kids love it...hard to keep them off of it

3.0 out of 5 stars Very simple...., June 4, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Stop Playing, February 11, 2014
My 7 year old son and I got this game the day it came out. We can't stop playing it. We have most of the other lego video games too. This one is full of action. Great characters, levels, free play, and hub play. It is a good combination of classic lego with nice new twists. It has something for kids and adults alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this game!!!, May 14, 2014
I bought this for my grandson and he loves the game. Very creative and fun to play. The Lego games are well made, very creative, and kids love them. Hats off to Lego for creating games that are good for younger children. My grandson is 8 and every Lego game he plays, he loves.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best lego games to date, November 10, 2014
I have played every Lego so far and this game ranks up near the top for me and my wife. The two harry Potter games are at the top but this one is fighting with the first batman and Indiana Jones for the third spot. Let's start by saying that I haven't seen the Lego movie but the story was great and there are a lot memorable characters in the game. The cut scenes and the locations the game is set in is a lot of fun and variety is top notch. This lego game is not a long as the last few that have been released but that's not a totally bad thing. It is easy to play with friends and it is not as frustrating as say Batman 2 or Marvels. The playing is easy and is not too overwhelming.

The game is gorgeous and the sound is done well. After playing the game I think we will watch the movie at some point. The game I would say is accessible to players of all ages and ability levels. Getting 100% and all the achievements wasn't too time consuming and I think we completed the game in about 20-30 hours.

We really enjoyed this Lego game and it is one of the better ones. You will not regret buying this game and you can thank me later.

Thank you for reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the movie and the game!, June 18, 2014
I am a huge lego movie fan so I was soooo excited to play this game and I was not disappointed! It takes you through the story line of the movie and the levels are fun and challenging and unlocking the characters is a lot of fun. My 4 year old son loves playing with me and it was an easy video game for him to learn how to play but it was also fun for me as well. I would highly recommend this game! The graphics were pretty good and it was very fun.

The LEGO Movie Videogame - Xbox 360 Standard Edition
The LEGO Movie Videogame - Xbox 360 Standard Edition by Warner Home Video - Games (Xbox 360)
$29.99 $29.31