5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie
Published on August 21, 2003

2.0 out of 5 stars I don't like it; my four-year-old does.
Published on January 13, 2003 by Debra F. Marsh

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, August 21, 2003
This review is from: The Land Before Time - Journey to Big Water (DVD)
My 2 yr old son loved this movie. It is his favorite and we have about 5 out of the series so far (don't waste your money on Through the Mists). He especially loves Moe and was thrilled when he went to the beach for the first time and got to see dolphins playing in the surf. It really connected for him the "big water" and Moe the dolphin-like swimmer. Yes Cera, as usual, is bratty and ugly but who doesn't have one of those kind of kids in their acquaintance. In the end she figures out it was really her insecurity causing her jealousy for no reason. Unfortunately our dvd has developed a spot where it freezes and I will have to purchase another one but it is worth it for the joy it brings my little man. This is a great video despite some of the other reviews and worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 3 year old loves it! and so do I, kinda., December 18, 2002
This review is from: The Land Before Time - Journey to Big Water (DVD)
I would never have, by any measure, thought these movies would be worthwhile. But my 3 year old loves all of them. He has his favorites . . . going back to The Great Adventure and the Big Freeze. But he wanted Journey to Big Water as soon as he saw it advertised. And as he watched it the first time, he got the threat of danger and suspense involved which, of course, went right past me. He had many comments and breath-taking moments and has watched it at least once a day since. He is very involved with the adventures of his favorite characters once again. Plus he really liked the new characters, Mo and the menacing Sharp Tooth Swimmer.
I'm happy to be able to give my son cheap entertainment like that. If only he could watch Land Before Time Live, his life would be complete! Seriously though, he was just as or even more fascinated with the movie as he was with The Lion King on Broadway show, and that trip cost a small fortune. He loves the TV games included, the sing-a-long songs, the JumpStart Video . . . everything! Sooooo ... I give it 5 stars because he is totally engaged and entertained.
The music isn't that drippy and inferior, either. I mean, you would think that the 9th in the series would be BAD, but it's really not. I guess I'm easy to please too, but the music is alright. Plus, I like the Donny Osmond song at the end so much that I am considering buying his CD. And that is amazing, considering I'm not an Osmond fan by any stretch of the imagination. So there you have it. Buy the DVD for your preschooler and let him have a ball, and know that there are a few touches for adults too.

2.0 out of 5 stars I don't like it; my four-year-old does., January 13, 2003
This review is from: The Land Before Time - Journey to Big Water (DVD)
I've enjoyed the eight previous Land Before Time adventures, but not this one. Rent it before you buy it. I'm glad I did. I feel the animation and dialogue are not as good as others, the voices are different and more irritating, and Cera is more negative than usual. I realize that this review is also negative and may not get many helpful votes from readers...but really, I'm not criticizing just to criticize. Rent before you buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Land Before Time Movie!, April 22, 2003
By A Customer
My girls are ages 3 & 4 and Love this movie, along with all of the other LBT movies. I like it too! They meet a new friend and the songs are so catchy. As always, there is a lesson to be learned here & kids will enjoy watching it over & over, not realizing they are learning something! If you've liked any of the others, you'll like this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series!, May 3, 2004
This review is from: The Land Before Time - Journey to Big Water (DVD)
This is just one of a great series of movies...My 3 year old daughter wanted The Great Longneck Migration and from there it was history...I have been buying her every one I can in the series...This one in particular seems to be one of her favorites...She's been watching each of the 4 we have so far over and over(with 3 more on the way from Amazon)...Although the the issue of 'bad grammar' could be irritating to some adults, I think it is nothing compared to what some TV programs "teach" our kids...Better than sponge bob thats for sure!...Great movie...

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, in one way better than WWD, October 16, 2004
A Kid's Review
This review is from: The Land Before Time - Journey to Big Water (DVD)
If you know allot about dinosaurs (like me!), go get Walking w/ Dinosaurs (WWD). If you are a little kid looking for some nice cute dinos, go for this. I especially like Spike and Mo. I always notice that Cera has a bit of a bad attitude which may teach you to behave like her - oh no. Ducky is quite a darling, I think. Why I like Land Before Time: Journey to Big Water over all the other ones is because of that Mo. He's just so cute! Like his way of talking and the cuteness (or however you spell it!) of his face. I don't own the original, only Mysterias Island and Big Freeze, of course along with this one. Get this now, but only if you are young (maybe under 7 I would say).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, August 20, 2010
Giovanni (KILLEEN, TX, US) - See all my reviews
Great movie; on-time shipment, and son loved it. Not much more need to be said. Excellent job, thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Land before time 2, January 4, 2010
This is my youngest grandsons favorite. He watches this one more than the others. Great Christmas gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Two for the price of one, December 20, 2006
The Land Before Time dvds are great but can get expensive. I am so glad they decided to put two together for the price of one. A deal you just can't turn down for any Land Before Time fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars cute, March 26, 2014
This review is from: The Land Before Time - Journey to Big Water (DVD)
This land before time movie is such a cute movie! It brought me back to times when I used to watch this as a child and now my boys are able to enjoy it!

The Land Before Time - Journey to Big Water
The Land Before Time - Journey to Big Water by Charles Grosvenor (DVD - 2002)
$9.99 $6.27