Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on August 21, 2003
My 2 yr old son loved this movie. It is his favorite and we have about 5 out of the series so far (don't waste your money on Through the Mists). He especially loves Moe and was thrilled when he went to the beach for the first time and got to see dolphins playing in the surf. It really connected for him the "big water" and Moe the dolphin-like swimmer. Yes Cera, as usual, is bratty and ugly but who doesn't have one of those kind of kids in their acquaintance. In the end she figures out it was really her insecurity causing her jealousy for no reason. Unfortunately our dvd has developed a spot where it freezes and I will have to purchase another one but it is worth it for the joy it brings my little man. This is a great video despite some of the other reviews and worth the money.
on December 18, 2002
I would never have, by any measure, thought these movies would be worthwhile. But my 3 year old loves all of them. He has his favorites . . . going back to The Great Adventure and the Big Freeze. But he wanted Journey to Big Water as soon as he saw it advertised. And as he watched it the first time, he got the threat of danger and suspense involved which, of course, went right past me. He had many comments and breath-taking moments and has watched it at least once a day since. He is very involved with the adventures of his favorite characters once again. Plus he really liked the new characters, Mo and the menacing Sharp Tooth Swimmer.
I'm happy to be able to give my son cheap entertainment like that. If only he could watch Land Before Time Live, his life would be complete! Seriously though, he was just as or even more fascinated with the movie as he was with The Lion King on Broadway show, and that trip cost a small fortune. He loves the TV games included, the sing-a-long songs, the JumpStart Video . . . everything! Sooooo ... I give it 5 stars because he is totally engaged and entertained.
The music isn't that drippy and inferior, either. I mean, you would think that the 9th in the series would be BAD, but it's really not. I guess I'm easy to please too, but the music is alright. Plus, I like the Donny Osmond song at the end so much that I am considering buying his CD. And that is amazing, considering I'm not an Osmond fan by any stretch of the imagination. So there you have it. Buy the DVD for your preschooler and let him have a ball, and know that there are a few touches for adults too.
on November 11, 2015
grandbaby loves thoses movies as much as here mommy used too, she is two and anything that holds her attention for more than a few minutes is rare, but these movies do, and she at 2 years old knows all the songs and sings them regularly. Id recommend these to anyone, im an adult and I love land before time too... Its one of the cartoons she enjoys that the whole family (inclucing the teenagers) doesnt mind watching with her...
on April 11, 2014
I have an adult handicapped daughter whose tastes are quite young. Though I haven't watched many "Land Before Time", she is hooked on all of them—movies and TV shows—and watches them repeatedly. Thus my rating.
on January 13, 2003
I've enjoyed the eight previous Land Before Time adventures, but not this one. Rent it before you buy it. I'm glad I did. I feel the animation and dialogue are not as good as others, the voices are different and more irritating, and Cera is more negative than usual. I realize that this review is also negative and may not get many helpful votes from readers...but really, I'm not criticizing just to criticize. Rent before you buy.
on February 17, 2015
I don't know why I waited so long to buy this series of DVD's! My kids absolutely LOVE them. I had never watched any of these when they first came out on VHS tapes, and am thoroughly enjoying watching all of them with my children. If you don't have the Land Before Time series on DVD, you should get them & add them to your collection.
on December 25, 2014
Purchased five of these Land Before Time movies for my three year old granddaughter, but she appears to be a little young for this series. She really couldn't focus on watching the whole movie and didn't appear to be that interested. I bought them because my sons loved them when they were kids. I will try to introduce them to her again, when she is older.
on December 20, 2006
The Land Before Time dvds are great but can get expensive. I am so glad they decided to put two together for the price of one. A deal you just can't turn down for any Land Before Time fan.
on April 22, 2003
My girls are ages 3 & 4 and Love this movie, along with all of the other LBT movies. I like it too! They meet a new friend and the songs are so catchy. As always, there is a lesson to be learned here & kids will enjoy watching it over & over, not realizing they are learning something! If you've liked any of the others, you'll like this one!
on April 6, 2014
All of the Land Before Time series have kept my grandchildren glued to the screen. I have seen them all and feel they provide a wholesome form of entertainment for youngsters. Littlefoot, Sara, and the crew become household words and can be used to enforce house rules of sharing and truth telling by saying-what do you think Littlefoot or Sara would do. Great value for a modest price!