5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for little boys ages 3-6
Okay, if you have small boys like me. This dvd, actually-- the whole Land Before Time series is what you will want for rainy-indoor days. My boys absolutley love all the characters & sings along to the songs.. "..he's the.. LONE DINOSAUR.., dinosaur, whenever you may need him.."
Published on June 22, 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Bleck. Not as fun or kind as the original five!
Published on February 4, 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Bleck. Not as fun or kind as the original five!, February 4, 2005
This review is from: The Land Before Time VI - The Secret of Saurus Rock (DVD)
Believe me,I LOVE most of the "Land Before Time" movies,the original was great,the second movie was better,3 and 4 weren't as good as the first two,but still excellent.The fifth movie was humorous and pleasing,and now we come to this.Ummm...it's pretty nice,but doesen't hold a candle to the original five,or the seventh and eighth movies that followed.My problems with this film are:

1.Cera's young relatives Dana(male)and Dinah(female)are cute as Ducky and Petrie,but how come we never saw them in the original five and never see them again in the other two?And how are they related to Cera?Are they just calling her "Auntie 'Cerry'"?Or did Cera's sister marry young?Mysterious.

2.Ducky.DEAR GOD,WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO HER?!In the original five,she was happy-go-lucky,sweet,caring,pretty,funny,and had a voice like a loving baby sister.In here,she's just sullen,insolent,hapless,ugly,droll,and sounds like Lisa Simpson.She even used sarcasm at one point!HOLY HELL!!!!(Pardon my language).Good thing none of this happened in 7 or 8!

3.There were some bloopers that actually made it into the final result(i.e.Petrie incidentally going,"No problem!You guys can go right 'cross big b#@%!"instead of "big ditch".I first heard this from a very reliable source on The Internet Movie Database,then me,my dad,and I watched a rental of this film and we all laughed.It's funny,but stupid.

4.The animation is not quite on par with the original five.In fact,the animation to the awful Bugs Bunny cartoon "Tortoise Beats Hare"was pretty much better than this.For instance,the scene where the log was crashing down seemed too fast.

Overall,a pretty good film.If the people who made the film were aware of these minor issues,the film would have been much,much better.I HOPE 9,10,AND 11 WILL BE BETTER!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for little boys ages 3-6, June 22, 2004

2.0 out of 5 stars I gave it two for genorosity., June 24, 2005
This review is from: The Land Before Time VI - The Secret of Saurus Rock (DVD)
This is my new and improved review of this...movie. This is the most likely worst movie I ever had to encounter( It even beat "Always" ). I LOOOOOOOOOVE the original five movies, and movies 7 and 9 still had the magic.

I love "The Land Before Time."

I love "The Great Valley Adventure."

I love "The Time Of The Great Giving."

I love "Journey Through The Mists."

I love "The Mysterious Island."

I hardly enjoyed "The Secret Of Saurus Rock."

Why? Why do you think I hated this movie so bad? Well, here goes...

1. The characters are NOTHING AT ALL like they were in the original movies. Littlefoot, in the original movies, was such a lovable character with a huge heart for his tiny size and a kind disposition for his small arrangement. In this, he's a complete dope, a whiny dope with almost no purpose. Cera, in the original movies, had a certain brave soul with female spunk and perseverance. In this, she's been aged about 20 years and has no soul. While Petrie had a certain courageous/cute factor which could not be replaced, in this, he has no purpose. Spike, although never much of a chatterbox, was a lovable comic character. In here, he doesn't serve much. And as for Ducky...poor Judith Barsi must be turning in her grave. In the original movie, she had a warm disposition, had a certain "young love" for Petrie, and had the voice and care of a loving little girl. In this, there is no mention of the Ducky/Petrie relationship that worked so well. Worse, she sounds like Percy the green tank engine on the "Thomas & Friends" show, and is a complete idiot. She uses cynicism twice, and is utterly impotent. THAT IS NOT, I REPEAT, NOT HER CHARACTER! THE PRODUCERS SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER THAN TO MAKE HER CHARACTER TO SINK SO LOW! Even the adult characters act dopey. Littlefoot's grandparents were as wise and knowing as their grandchild. In here, they act like 8-year-old kids. Petrie and Ducky's folks aren't even seen( as if the kids were old enough to fend for themselves...rubbish. )Daddy Topps was almost the ONLY character in character. Cera's twin cousins were sweet, and Doc was a good character.

2. The animation is dumb, garish, and not at all comparable to the first five's BEAUTIFUL animation.

3. The songs are pretty dumb. But the songs, "The Lone Dinosaur" and "On Your Own" more than make up for this.

Overall, this was a very bad film, and I was very disappointed. I hope the producers learn from this error. To see this movie is human. To not see it is divine.

5.0 out of 5 stars This one is my kids' favorite of the series, March 28, 2006
This review is from: The Land Before Time VI - The Secret of Saurus Rock (DVD)
We own probably 8-9 of the Land Before Time series and without question this is the volume that my 3 year old boy will play the most often. His older cousin's mom told me this was her daughter's favorite also. I think kids like the character, Doc, a "long neck" with a John Wayne attitude. The young dinosaurs believe that Doc may be the legendary long neck who long ago defeated a T-Rex and saved the other dinosaurs in the valley. Kids also seem to like the songs in this movie, which are definitely a step up from many of the others. If you're looking to only get a couple from the series, I would recommend the first movie and this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars A phonimal movie, May 16, 2007
Jarrett P. Suhr "naraku junior" (Fortlaterdale , Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Land Before Time VI - The Secret of Saurus Rock (DVD)
in the land before time six it has been a few months since the reunion of little foot and chomper in land before time five. When a series of bad luck strikes the valley after the accidental desturction of Sarus rock. Little foor and his frined petri, sara spike, and ducky must ,ake things right again to save the valley. This movie should be fine for kids ages 12 and up due to occasional scenes with mild cartoon violence and intensity, and mild scary images. If you have kids that like this series but are to young to watch it there is also a land before time tv series that first aired about a couple of weeks ago. The broadcast times differs depending which state or contient you live on. It usually comes on around 9:30 AM here and either befor or after this in the other parts of the world depending on the time differnce between country or city you live in. Can little foot and his friends once again save the day in there newest adventure. This actually not the newest movie but the newest one that they have brodcast on tv was great Long Neck Migration tinnosaurus deep water, and the day of the flyers have yet to be broodcast on Cartoon network. If these movies are broadcast they usally skipp around in the series rather than showing them in chronological order. If you don't want to collect these individual you can get either the first four movies at once or the first nine movies at once. The four movie set tends to be cheaper than the 9 movie set it can cost less 30$ to get the first for movies in DVD fomat if you get them in like new condition instead of good or new condition. I recommend you don't get new version o dvds unleash they are real cheap aunder $20 or $15 dollars like the Epoch Evolution.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our children loved it!, April 22, 2003
irisheyes (mom from Ohio with ALL the toys) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Land Before Time VI - The Secret of Saurus Rock (DVD)
My youngest daughter just received this for her 5th birthday. Both my 5 year old and my 6 1/2 year old love this movie. They currently own five of the LBT dvd's and want the remaining ones.
They also own the original, The Big Freeze, Journey to Big Water, and The Mysterious Island. They love all of them. However, my youngest likes the original the best and my oldest likes the Stone of Cold Fire the best (which we have only rented and have to still purchase). The Secret of Saurus Rock is their second favorite, but they just received it so it could still just be that its new!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 11, 2014
Kids love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars whats not to love, July 4, 2014
I and the kids love it

4.0 out of 5 stars Caring, May 9, 2014
This review is from: The Land Before Time VI - The Secret of Saurus Rock (DVD)
Grandson love's all the Land before time movie and I do to it is grate and has a good message about caring for each other.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, April 10, 2014
This review is from: The Land Before Time VI - The Secret of Saurus Rock (DVD)
Great movie, I watched all these as a kid on VHS glas they're on DVD now for my kiddo to watch too.

The Land Before Time VI - The Secret of Saurus Rock
The Land Before Time VI - The Secret of Saurus Rock by Charles Grosvenor (DVD - 2003)
$9.99 $6.15