Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 9, 2014
I liked this book a lot. My parents dragged me to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge practically every summer when I was a kid (just as my kids drag me back there today). This little book is crammed with pictures of the places I remember seeing as a kid. It also helps explain how Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge got that way, which is something I'd always wondered about. My kids don't really like the book because I can't go 2 pages without nudging them and saying, "Hey, look at this!" or "I went there!" This isn't a book about the Great Smoky Mountains National Park; this is a book about what most people really do when they say they're going to the Smokies.
on January 28, 2013
This would be a pretty good book if the pictures and maps were larger. It would also be better if it showed some pictures of the Smokies instead of just the tourist attractions. Still a good book because of the text, but a disappointment because of the small pictures and maps.
on December 30, 2007
For those of us who visited the Great Smoky Mtn area as kids in the 1960s and 1970s, this book is a good flashback. But the photos are way too small. Remember, some of us are now in our late 40s and 50s and we can't see detail in a 1-inch square photo. This type of book would be great if the tiny photos were increased 2x to 4x and cut the text back (I don't need that much detail on the owners of the amusements, etc.) I was going to get this book for my 75-year old dad, who also visited the area in the late 1940s thru 1980s; But the photos were too small.
on August 4, 2015
Easy to read , very interesting facts about East Tennessee and the Smokey Mountains.