Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on April 17, 2006
I'm sure that most of the people looking at this page are in fact mystified why later seasons haven't already come out. I'm reading between the lines here, but I'm guessing the reason is copyright and clearance issues. Each episode showed live music from bands, and I have a feeling that contracts were written to grant permission for HBO to broadcast the show, not to sell it. Now that Time/Warner wants to put out DVDs, it's hardly surprising that music companies would try to extort as much money from Time/Warner as they can.

May 23 update: Gary Shandling says on tonight show that Season 2 is coming out in November.
on August 20, 2003
"The Larry Sanders Show" is perhaps the most realistic and funniest television series ever written about show business. In this case, the "business" is producing a late night talk show hosted by the amiable, humorous Larry Sanders, a Johnny Carson-like character deftly portrayed by Garry Shandling. (Shandling is also the creator and frequent writer of this series.)
This classy television series shrewdly examines the behind-the-scenes and in front of the camera workings of a nightly television show. "The Larry Sanders Show" is a compendium of network executives, producers, actors, and agents whose enlarged yet fragile egos often clash with each other. The results are caustic and hilarious.
The gifted ensemble cast which includes Shandling, Rip Torn, Janeane Garofalo, and Jeffrey Tambor deliver the incisive, witty dialogue with ease. The concept and structure of this series is so realistic that you often feel as though you are watching a documentary on "How to" or "How NOT to" grind out a nightly talk show.
"The Larry Sanders Show" is television at its best. Please don't miss it!
on March 17, 2004
I had only seen a couple episodes of the Larry Sanders Show before I bought the DVD. It is one of the funniest (fake) "talk shows" out there (better than Letterman or Leno, who I can not watch).
I'm not a huge fan of Garry Shandling outside of the show, but in this show he hits it right. Plus, Rip Torn and Jeffrey Tambor really shine in nearly every episode. Kind of funny to hear them swear once in a while, or more (forgetting that it was originally on HBO).
The so-called guests on the show are good too, as they blend fact and fiction. Billy Crystal gets upset when Larry talks about his old stuff instead of his new movie he is trying to plug, Carol Burnett worries that Larry's balls showed under his Tarzan outfit, etc.
Waiting for season 2.
Recommended.
on May 21, 2004
All I can say is this series is one of the best done by HBO. The series is just hilarious. PLEASE SONY RELEASE THE REMAINING SEASONS ON DVD!!!
Please GOD I swear I won't say anymore bad words if you make Sony release the remaining seasons on DVD!!! Its that good!
Outstanding story lines and characterizations. The cast is wonderful (especially Rip Torn and Jeffrey Tambor). When will the remaining seasons be released???
on July 24, 2002
HBO, are you listening? As much as I love "Sex and the City", The Larry Sanders Show is the BEST sitcom that HBO has ever had! The show has millions of loyal fans who religiously watch Larry reruns on the HBO Comedy channel!
Thank you for releasing the 1st season on DVD! I bought it the day it came out. Now PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE release the other seasons on DVD! There are millions of fans just waiting to own the complete Larry series on DVD, and I'm one of them. PLEASE release more seasons on DVD!!!
on June 1, 2003
Please release the complete series,and I will buy it on the first day its released! I repeat release the complete 6 seasons, I love this show!
on April 23, 2002
Right off the bat, let me address the issue of the image and sound quality. Other than the first episode, which looks a bit funky (but, to be honest, unless you pay close attention you don't notice a thing), the audio and video quality on this DVD are no different from the show that aired on TV. As a previous reviewer stated, the difference between the backstage scenes and the "Larry Sanders Show" scenes were intentional (one shot on film, one shot on tape). It was a creative decision that worked well. I almost bought into the reviewers whining and complaining on here about the quality of the DVD - I'm glad I didn't. Those complaining are a bunch of big babies who have way too much time on their hands to sit there and count the number of lines they're getting on their TV. That all being said, the brilliance of "The Larry Sanders Show" was definitely in the clever writing and the incredible performances of Garry Shandling, Jeffrey Tambor, and, of course, Rip Torn. Right off the bat the tone of the show is set by Larry being "forced" to do live commercials for the Garden Weasel. In inevitable Sanders style, he jokes about digging up dead Teamsters while using the device, and wonders why they would pick a name like the "Garden Weasel" and not the equally rodent-ial "The Amazing Rat Stick." Thirteen great episodes that kicked off the show's first season, and clearly show why this brilliant series was nominated year after year at the Emmy's for "Best Comedy Series."
on December 3, 2004
Seriously, this is the smartest, funniest TV program of the last 10 years. The quality of the writing is sky-high and never lags in any episode. It's a goldmine of comedy.

If you've never seen it, buy it. You will not regret the purchase.

The other seasons NEED to come out on DVD. I would pay absurd, ridiculous amounts of money for them.

Please, God, HBO, Garry Shandling, whoever has the power: bring the rest of this show to DVD!!!! Please! I'm begging here! I'm on my knees!
on January 16, 2004
Well its 2004 and still no sign of the rest of the Larry Sanders Show on DVD. Shame on you HBO - read this list and listen to us, please.
OK, so a few purchasers complained about video quiality, not knowing that The Larry Sanders Show was shot on film and video deliberately for the effect. And someone who cannot operate their DVD machine incorrectly stated that the last 2 eps were not on the DVD. Forget them, they don't count. Also, I for one don't care all that much about 'extras' on DVDs. All I want is the ability to play all those episodes over and over, and laugh away the blues and enjoy the brilliant writing and acting.
So, c'mon folks, release the rest and give us Amazon reviewers something else to write about.