After seeing this book advertised on my I-Pad. I thought it would be an ideal 14th birthday present for our grandson; but I had to read it first to be certain it was as true as possible to the Bible. Since reading it I have given a copy to our grandson, two copies to church members and plan to give away at least five more.
Not only is it we'll written but the...
Published 7 months ago by Arthur D. Graham

1.0 out of 5 stars not that informative
If you want to read a book about the times and circumatances surrounding the death of Jesus, I would recommend a book by Jim Bishop "The Day Cbrist Died". It contains all of the information in O'Rielly's book plus it has more detail. He also Wrote "The Day Christ Was Born" which I found very interesting.
Published 5 months ago by maureen

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this book so much that I am giving away eight copies to church friends and family!, April 8, 2014
This review is from: The Last Days of Jesus: His Life and Times (Hardcover)
Not only is it we'll written but the illustrations the author has chosen are excellent. The description of what Jesus went through from the time He was arrested until his death on the cross is especially informative as Easter approaches.
Arthur D. Graham, M.D.

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this perspective, April 3, 2014
First I am a Christian, who likes history and historical fiction based books by many authors. This book looks at all the facets involved during Christ's time on earth. And Rome was all about politics. As were and probably are most "religious" leaders then and now. ( look at the business of Mega church's today...or churches on every corner with homelessness and hunger still a problem...)
Given that perspective this books was well written and puts into perspective the history and politics surrounding Jesus life and times. I do not view this as an attack on Christianity. I see this as one possible study on the historical time that Jesus lived. As well as the romans involved. The book is well written and informative of those times. You can understand how and why from a government- Rome and religious- The Temple perspective=Money and or Power events unfolded as they did. The powers that be then felt threatened by Jesus message. The good news the unfolding of this research can better help us understand the how without taking away from the basic teaching of Christ, love your neighbor as yourself. Love your enemies so they can come to know God. And love and forgiveness is not easily done now nor then by people who feel they have been misused. Jesus message is still timely because it actually frees one from that oppression, and makes you less able to be manipulated and controlled. that was the threat- individual freedom. So if you want a book that walks you through the politics of that time this book will do that.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT BOOK!!!!!!!, May 12, 2014
i HAVE JUST FINISHED READING THIS BOOK. IT IS A GREAT HISTORY BOOK. . i LIKED THE BIBLIOGRAPHY AT THE END THAT TOLD YOU HAD HAPPENED TO ALL THE CHARACTERS IN THE BOOK. WE DON'T REALIZE WHAT A VIOLENT TIME THAT WAS AND THE CRUELTY OF THAT TIME. I WILL BE ORDERING THISI BOOK FOR MY GRAND KIDS.

5.0 out of 5 stars great easter story, April 2, 2014
This review is from: The Last Days of Jesus: His Life and Times (Hardcover)
"the last days of Jesus" is very hard to put down. it has many beautiful illustrations and a list of alot of the people involved in the life of Jesus. this book gives easter a greater apprieation and much easier to understand it is a special book and would make a great gift for some one special
and the resurrection. also recameded: gods not dead by rice broocks, evidence for the resurrection by josh mcdowell.more thean a carpenter by josh mcdowell,the unshakable truth by josh mcdowell

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, April 17, 2014
I read both books the other one being Killing Jesus, and will be reading them again. I knew The last days of Jesus was written for a younger crowd but I teach religious ed. and will be recommending this for my classes.

5.0 out of 5 stars A gift, April 3, 2014
This review is from: The Last Days of Jesus: His Life and Times (Hardcover)
My grandson loves to read and has just been baptized. He is a teenager and big into history of all kinds. He learns a lot
From the books by O'Reilly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, April 7, 2014
Good book explaining his life and the political environment of the time. Also Read Killing Jesus by Bill and the Historical Jesus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, April 5, 2014
This review is from: The Last Days of Jesus: His Life and Times (Hardcover)
Very well done, a must for all Christian Families. Not only is it well written but it is sensitive to the age group it is directed to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't put it down, May 24, 2014
This review is from: The Last Days of Jesus: His Life and Times (Hardcover)
My grandson, age 12, loves this book and literally did not put it down when asked to do something else. I gave it to him as a confirmation gift and he polished it off in short order. Liking history, he was impressed with the historical nature of it. He has already read the other O'Reilly books for young people and is hoping that there will be more like them...as well as the Rush Limbaugh ones. Praise God that he is getting some "good stuff' into his head while he is young.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, April 15, 2014
Brought up a catholic I am interested in the life of this man/god. This book, although a bit simplistic in its presentation of the life of Christ is a good read. I would recommend it to anyone.

The Last Days of Jesus: His Life and Times
The Last Days of Jesus: His Life and Times by Bill O'Reilly (Hardcover - April 1, 2014)
$19.99 $11.69