Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 24, 2014
I love looking at the other side of the story. This play gives Judas's side of the last days of Jesus's life, but does it in a fun way, a trial in purgatory. If you are terribly religious and are scared to have your perceptions changed move along, but if you are open minded you should check it out.
Bonus it was originally directed by Phillip Seymour Hoffman
on February 21, 2016
From the very first monologue in this play, you are punched in the gut but you need to know what happens. The exploration of what happens to Judas and a deeper examination of forgiveness in religion this play holds you and makes you think. Guirgis takes someone that is seen as the worst and makes you ache for his soul.
on June 28, 2011
Stephan Adly Guirgus is a master craftsman as he explores the unconditional love of God. The characters are full and compelling. The dialogue is fresh, creative, and modern. This play made me laugh out loud, shed a few tears, and nearly shake in frustration as the events in limbo's courtroom unfold. This is a page turner, and also full of terrific monologues. I recommend it for people beyond the theatre- those interested in religion, philosophy, and the human condition.
on May 13, 2007
I ordered this book the day after we saw the play. There was much to think about and I wanted to read what I had heard. The lanuage was a bit rough for me but then I'm old. I really would recommend it to anyone who likes to think about what they do or do not believe. Patricia Murchek
on May 26, 2015
I'd been wanting to read this after hearing a bit about it so I ordered myself a copy. I LOVED IT. It's got humor, drama, and really gets you thinking. The show itself has several characters but it could easily be done with a smaller group if some actors take on multiple roles. I read it in a couple of hours and quickly let a few members of my acting company read it (they all loved it too!).
on August 7, 2013
this play is great! would love to act in it or see a great production, but it is great just as a literary piece. so smart, so good. love Stephen Adly Guirgis.
on September 15, 2015
Intriguing premise largely wasted by tacky writing and shock-value vulgarity which doesn't make any obvious point. Curious to see a production of it somewhere/someday.
on June 15, 2015
some good monologues in here, but not a "must read", in my opinion. Definitely NOT for high school performance. Lots of language
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2015
Awesome script and my thanks to Amazon for getting it to me so quickly!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2015
This play is one for the books very original