- File Size: 89 KB
- Print Length: 11 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: April 9, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004W0D3P8
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #214,412 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The Last Hero Kindle Edition
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
You can find him online at these places:
Top Customer Reviews
Fantasy stories really should be called "tales." They have to almost have a rhythm to them like the old epic poems told by the ancient Greeks. It helps to capture that sense of heroes and deeds that are larger than life. One of the things I enjoyed the most about this short story was how adeptly this author mimics that style.
Equally impressive is that the author throws you into an exciting world of sprawling high-fantasy but does it in less than 4,000 words. With the genre's hard-earned reputation of being long-winded, this story was like a breath of fresh air.
Fantastic job and a highly recommended read.
This is an amazon.com Kindle e-book that was 21 Kb download and retailed for $0.99 at the time of writing this review.
He's the only one left...the last one standing. Does he turn tail and run or does he try and finish the job...take a guess. A tale of one man's journey into the darkness (both figuratively and literally).
A gripping story told with consummate skill, coupled with a superb sense of pace and timing. A book with nary a wasted word to describe the spooky setting or the sparse, but increasingly ominous dialogue. The tension becomes almost palpable.
Cover art that was plain but somehow fit this small work..I appreciated it more once I'd finished the tale.
A short story of the absolute highest quality.
An author with writing skills that are so rare...I loved every word.
Easily 5 Stars
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It reminded me of the Old Testament he begat she begat and so on. Not worth the price. His book Scribner is much better.Published on March 16, 2013 by Yellow Pillow
Well written ... excellent and lyrical prose ... a good idea well executed ... I would have liked but can imagine for myself a brief epilogue ... Read morePublished on November 13, 2011 by Ann J.M.S Harlan
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Anthologies
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 15 minutes (1-11 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 15 minutes (1-11 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Anthologies & Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic