4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book!
I loved this book! It was full of humor, passion, excitement, and love. I laughed and cried over this book so its a definate keeper!
Published on June 11, 2002 by Brenda Condit

3.0 out of 5 stars Suspension of belief......?
This is a hard one to review partially because it was published quite awhile back and doesn't always stand up well if compared to Lindsey's "Shining Knight" . That being said, it is a good read overall if one can ignore the occasional typos and the somewhat sluggish beginning. I enjoyed much of it but at times felt that better or more consistent character development...
Published 15 months ago by Angelique

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book!, June 11, 2002
This is a time travel book. The Hero , Alasdair, has just helped Robert the Bruce to take Edinburgh Castle from the English. He and his men are celebrating when a witch dares Alasdair to follow her. He does and suddenly finds himself still at the castle but almost 700 years in the future. In 1998 american Morgan Lafayette is on vacation with her sister and brother-in-law. She finds the Highlander and thinks that he is an actor playing the part for the amusement of the tourist. She soon discovers though that something has happened to make all the history that she has known change. She begins to suspect that Alasdair is truley from the past and tries to help him get back. Alasdair at first thinks that Morgan is the legendary witch Margaine Le Fee and fights his growing feelings for her. He desparetly wants to return to his home in his time but his feelings for Morgan are a problem.
Together they must find a way to get Alasdair back. Along the way they encounter some very interesting people and some funny situations. Morgan's sister and brother-in-law are having a romance of their own but add to the over all book.
I cried when this book was done. It had a great ending and I hope if you read it you don't read the ending first, it will spoil the story. I hope to read others by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, September 23, 2001
By A Customer
I read this book in search of something similar to 'The Outlander" series by Diana Gabaldon and I think I found it was well worth the search. The story started out a little slow with each of the characters in their own time and life, but by about 30-40 pages into the story I was hooked. I have to admit to staying up very late the Saturday evening I started it and spending almost my entire Sunday with my nose burried in the pages and my heart caught up in a love that could withstand the passage of time. This is a book I would highly recomend.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Wonderful Book!, September 20, 2000
Melissa Miller (Los Angeles, California USA) - See all my reviews
To give you an idea as to how much I enjoyed this book, this is the first time I have ever really wanted to take the time to review one of the books I read! The Last Highlander is a marvelous story combining romance, history, fun & obvious flights of fancy. There are lovely comical moments as well as those that are very touching and heartfelt. I also enjoyed the historical bits so that I went to look up more of the history of Scotland. But it also has a very big Heart! The love you feel grow between Morgan & Alastair is so tangible you can taste it. And his old fashioned chivalry is wonderful. I'm sorry I've finished it. I didn't want it to end. This book is definately a keeper! I hope my sharing this with you will compel you to read it. It is definately worth it!

4.0 out of 5 stars NICELY CREATED HISTORICAL NOVEL, May 7, 2014
A fun read, but per usual anymore... could use some better proofing for spelling and missing words. Characters are nicely formulated and plot moves along well.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice time travel, February 18, 2014
Atunah (South of Seasons) - See all my reviews
I love time travel romances and not all of them work for me. This one worked great. It was a bit different from many other as the hero came to today's world. Or late 1990's that is.
So it doesn't have some of the action one might get from going to the past.
I loved it though. What a hero. *sigh.

It made me smile at the end. And sigh some more.

** read July 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Annoyingly clunky writing totally undermines good plot, January 9, 2014
Ready Mommy (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Last Highlander (Paperback)
"The Last Highlander" squanders a fairly successful storyline and not unappealing characters with tons of typos, transparent writing, pacing issues, clunky dialogue, and repetitive/too blatant issue-labeling (in other words, instead of using her protagonist's behavior to show damage, the author just states again and again that she was too hurt by another man to trust). It's almost like reading a first draft. With a lot more work, "The Last Highlander" could have been good; as is, it's a waste of the reader's time.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Author glad I found her, December 6, 2013
Another new author for me and I enjoy her work. The content is somewhat racy Makes you beleive the all Highlanders are the best lovers in the world

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable, September 7, 2013
Different but I was happy to enjoy reading it is there a sequel. As a reader I like to get my teeth into it by wanting to find out more of their lives together

4.0 out of 5 stars good, June 22, 2013
this was a good story, but I found it to be a little dragged out with way too much chatter.
Wouldn't go as far as saying don't bother, but just didn't do it for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars I did, June 20, 2013
You know I really liked it. Sure it was uneven in places, corny in others but I found it entertaining. It kept me hooked till the end. I got my money's worth.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Last Highlander
The Last Highlander by Claire Cross (Paperback - February 10, 2012)
$14.99 $13.49