Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on September 23, 2001
I read this book in search of something similar to 'The Outlander" series by Diana Gabaldon and I think I found it was well worth the search. The story started out a little slow with each of the characters in their own time and life, but by about 30-40 pages into the story I was hooked. I have to admit to staying up very late the Saturday evening I started it and spending almost my entire Sunday with my nose burried in the pages and my heart caught up in a love that could withstand the passage of time. This is a book I would highly recomend.
on September 20, 2000
To give you an idea as to how much I enjoyed this book, this is the first time I have ever really wanted to take the time to review one of the books I read! The Last Highlander is a marvelous story combining romance, history, fun & obvious flights of fancy. There are lovely comical moments as well as those that are very touching and heartfelt. I also enjoyed the historical bits so that I went to look up more of the history of Scotland. But it also has a very big Heart! The love you feel grow between Morgan & Alastair is so tangible you can taste it. And his old fashioned chivalry is wonderful. I'm sorry I've finished it. I didn't want it to end. This book is definately a keeper! I hope my sharing this with you will compel you to read it. It is definately worth it!
on January 3, 2013
If you are looking for a good time travel/highlander romance this is the book for you. I won't spoil the story for you, like many do, but I will tell you that this book had such a great ending, that I re-read the ending over and over again. I love a happy ending.
on November 25, 2011
If you like time travel romance you must read this book!!! I think I have read all the time travel romance books out there and this one is one you MUST read!!!! I laughed so hard and cried when I read this book. The author is just awesome!!!
on April 30, 2016
The story line and all is much better in this book than in some of her earlier ones. While this one is technically the second of the Time Travel stories, it is a stand alone.
Story and Characters are as believable as can be expected in this genre of time travel and romance.
;-)
I did purchase and read this book, but was also given a reviewer copy.
on March 17, 2016
When Alasdair MacAulay meets a witch while celebrating a victory over the English at Edinburgh Castle in 1314, he is taunted into meeting the Sorceress Morgaine Le Fee. Instead, he finds himself transported into 1998 to land at the feet of American tourist Morgan Lafayette. He thinks she’s a Farie and she thinks he’s drunk. Her sister Justine thinks this is a perfect chance to get her sister to date.
Unfortunately, Alisdair’s time travel has changed the course of history causing Robert the Bruce to lose. Through all the confusion with neither knowing who/what the other is or when they are from, Morgan and Alisdair are drawn to each other. Can this love withstand the stretch of centuries if Alisdair returns to his own time?
Reading this book I felt like I had done some time traveling myself. The present day in this book is 1998 – Morgan uses a Polaroid camera and I was wondering why she didn’t use a cell phone to call her sister when they got separated until I remembered that they didn’t have cell phones then. This story is a wonderful read. I laughed and cried at various parts of the story and you can’t help pulling for these lovers brought together and then separated again. This book is now part of a 4 book time travel boxed set and I look forward to reading the other 3 books in this collection.
A copy of this book was gifted by the Publisher in exchange for an honest review but I already had purchased the 4 book box set based on the description.
on June 14, 2016
The Last Highlander:

Magical. Exciting. Superb.

Alasdair and Morgan's romance progresses as a magical adventure. Leery of men, thinking they are all the same as her ex, Morgan is more than suspicious when she finds a highlander, clad in traditional attire, moaning at the bottom of the stairs in Edinburgh Castle. She is even more confused when history as she knows it, is lost to everyone else.

The last thing Alasdair remembers is an old witch telling him he must ask Morgaine le Fee, queen of the Faeries, the questions he asked of the old lady when he and his men claimed Edinburgh Castle for Robert the Bruce. He awakes in a strange, magical land to find Morgan Lafayette asking him if he is all right.

The humor in this story is well written. Claire Delacroix leads the reader into an exciting adventure of romance and time travel. The awestruck Alasdair marvels at the magic of the world of the Enchantress. His first encounter of her "magic" was the flash of a Polaroid camera and is only the beginning of the wonders he finds as he travels through her realm.

The story also explores Morgan's changing view of men. As the plot progresses she learns more about herself and allows feelings she thought were nonexistent to emerge in a sympathetic manner as she discovers Alasdair's true plight. As they fall in love they encounter the hard cold truths of time travel and the author keeps the reader guessing to the last second if this will end "happily ever after" . I won't spoil it, I will just say that along with the laughter, I also shed tears.

This was one of those books I stayed up too late to finish because I had to see what happened next. Another fantastic read by Claire Delacroix.
on June 24, 2016
This was a fun, sweet, well-written, enjoyable book. Alasdair is in Scotland in 1314, when he encounters an old woman with a message from Morgaine le Fee, Queen of the Fairies and suddenly things are very unfamiliar! Morgan Lafayette is vacationing in Scotland in 1998 when she runs into Alasdair! This is a stand alone book, one of the author's Time Travel romance series. I can't wait to read the next Time Travel romance in the series! Copy gifted by the Publisher in exchange for an honest review.
on May 8, 2016
I received this free book from the publisher for an honest review.
it was so hard to put this down I was holding my breath for them I so wanted the relationship to be an HEA story. I expected it to be but still she had been through so much and he really was so very out of place. I didn't know which way I wanted this to end. I wanted him to bring his family forward then I wanted her to go back in time to him. Either way I loved this story it was a fantastic read.
on March 22, 2016
I got this book in a box set called Echo's of Destiny!!
Wonderful story!!! I loved that idea that Alasdair thought he was in Fairy world and Morgan was the evil witch!!! He had to be curious of the things around him but he took it all in strides!! I was cheering Alasdair on the whole time!!!! he was such a manly man!!! I love how he brought Morgan back to life!!!