Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Last-Minute Party Girl : Fashionable, Fearless, and Foolishly Simple Entertaining
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on February 11, 2005
I throw several large get-togethers, plus many smaller, more intimate gatherings every year. In my neighborhood we're known as the "party house". I LOVE entertaining and I love being able to do something different each time.

This book gave me several wonderful tips, new recipes (that can be prepared and stored) for last minute pop-ins, and ideas on how to raise the bar on my own parties. My last one was this past weekend, we had 40+ guests for a White Elephant gift exchange. I used several of her recipes, but the one that I heard the most raves about were the spiced/carmalized nuts. They were easy, I was able to make them days before and they were wonderful!

While I wouldn't say all the recipes are "last minute", most of them can be made ahead of time and completed last minute. This book was very entertaining as I seem to share her sense of humor and found it a delightful read. I'm actually purchasing 2 more for hostess gifts...
on June 11, 2003
if, like me, you become frightened at the thought of inviting even 10 people over to your home for dinner and cocktails, this great book will help eleviate some of your fears. We don't throw fabulous parties because we don't know the tricks of the trade, which is what Lenkert shows us so wonderfully in this book. Easy to read, and full of very practical and fun tips on just about everything you may need to know to throw a good, really good bash. I particularly liked her helpful comments on drinks and also CD/music -- and her own experiences with what makes or breaks a good entertaining experience. parties and food and entertaining should be fun, afterall, and not fraught with nerves. this book is a great tonic for any pre-party jitters.
on October 30, 2005
I bought this book because my husband invited some work people over for dinner. I didn't realize that this is so entertaining (funny), and the recipes are just so delicious. Needless to say, my husband was very impressed with what I put together that night so we have now invited about 20 people over for Thanksgiving. I use the book all the time, and our children loves the appetizers. I also gave it to my single friend who is now engaged. Highly recommended for people who loves entertaining.
on April 19, 2004
I love to entertain but I have two year old twins and obviously, not a lot of time. I loved the book because it had some yummy recipes (which I have made several of!) but also GREAT tips for sprucing up the house and decorating ideas to spruce up the house etc! It has inspired me to entertain more which is the thing you miss the most (hello, adult conversation!) after you have kids.
on April 5, 2005
I love throwing parties and being the hostess, and I found this book incredibly entertaining and fun to read. I read it in an afternoon, skimming through the recipe section. I highly recommend this book to anyone who's looking for fun ways to liven up your next social soiree, and I've already used some of the ideas for small gatherings I've had. Great book!
on July 3, 2003
This book had me captivated (with wine in hand) for nearly 3 hours ... the author gives plenty of tips of how to be creative with what you have (or don't have!) along with easy to follow (yet, yummy crowd-pleasing) recipes. Trust me, you'll be hooked!
Forgo wine and buy this book for your next hostess gift!! It's a winner!
on June 25, 2003
If you are socially challenged this is the book to own. If you're not socially challenged but need some new drink ideas(Bangkoktail!!) or fix it quick receipes this is a book to own. Erika takes all the ego out entertaining and puts the fun and heart back into it.
on February 4, 2016
Great reading, great party suggestions. Have used several ideas for quick appetizers, meals, etc. Something for every occasioln. Great reference for all occasions to do with food! Also got prompt delivery of book.
on April 2, 2004
Erika puts the fun back into entertaining! No longer is there a need to stress when hosting one guest or 100 guests!
Quick, easy recipes... fun ideas... great resource section.
And if you EVER get a chance to see her live JUMP on it! She's awesome!
on November 19, 2009
I have carried this book in my purse since I bought it in September and read it constantly! There are so many great ideas for menus, party themes, and drinks. What I like best is it is a great book for a young single/married person or older single/married person whether they have never entertained in their life or constantly entertaining. It gives you those simple checklists of items you should always have on hand for entertaining, such as must have utensils and menu items to whip up snacks and drinks on the fly. There are so many details that I had previously overlooked, but definetely noticed as a guest and forgot when planning my own party. I feel much more prepared, which will put me at ease to tend to my guests, as the best hostess should. Great gift item for any Girl! Excellent shower gift, graduation gift, or retirement gift!!!!