5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Will Change Your Life
This book is Bukowski at his brilliant best, talking straight from experience about the life of a bum alcoholic poet.
When I first read this book, I was eleven years old and had never heard of Bukowski or read anything of this sort, or any poetry. It was like the book cast a spell on me. I could not stop reading. I remember staying up all hours of the night,...
Published on August 6, 2000 by Joe Deveny

3.0 out of 5 stars Review on The Last Night of the Earth Poems
Great read, I finished this one up in two days. Downers is easily my favorite passage. I recommend this one for a short train ride.
Published 7 months ago by Renal

3.0 out of 5 stars Review on The Last Night of the Earth Poems, May 23, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Bukowski through and Through, April 20, 2014
I'm always amazed when I read Bukowski poems. Only later in his life did they become recognized. I actually think they're better than his longer stories. Succinct but convey the " message".

3.0 out of 5 stars Down and Out in LA, April 19, 2014
For my taste, Bukowski is a better novelist than poet. Much the same territories are explored in the
poems with less skill.. Still, to one fascinated by accounts of life in various marginal groups (the beat
generation, organized crime, carnies, subway tunnel dwellers, hobos, etc.), these poems by a literate and
observant alcoholic writer were a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buk at his best, April 7, 2014
This review is from: The Last Night of the Earth Poems (Paperback)
Fully developed, mature Bukowski; his voice is hear and he is not afraid of any topic. It doesn't get any better than this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, February 12, 2014
AlinaD (Aberdeen, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Last Night of the Earth Poems (Paperback)
Collector's item. Lots to read and re-read, lots to inspire, lots to make you re-assess and ponder. Not professing to be a literary critic but it's good reading for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars sly, funny and sad, January 20, 2014
Another great romp through the mind of a madman. Recommend this book of poems for Bukowski die-hards, poetry geeks and anyone looking for an unusual slice of life.

5.0 out of 5 stars So beautiful, January 2, 2014
This review is from: The Last Night of the Earth Poems (Paperback)
I love this book. It is like reading hundreds of short stories in tiny poem format. A masterpiece created towards the end of the life of a wild genius.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, October 15, 2013
This review is from: The Last Night of the Earth Poems (Paperback)
I'm not a poetry fanatic, but I'm trying to get into it. This was one of two books by Bukowski that I bought to do so (the other being You Get So Alone at Times That It Just Makes Sense). I found both very enjoyable and have moved on to read some of his other works since then. These were the first enjoyable books of poetry I'd read in my life. I would recommend them for anyone who is trying to get into poetry as a hobby, especially if (like me) you are not an English major or aspiring poet, and thus are more able to take these for what they are, rather than evaluate their literary merit from established standards. In other words, I connected with this book on a personal level, not an academic level, and I encourage you to read it if you would like to do so too.

5.0 out of 5 stars ozymandius, September 30, 2013
Want to be insightful about Buk's late work, but mostly want to have a drink or two with him. Am positive he would have hated this thought.

5.0 out of 5 stars my favourite poetry book, July 20, 2013
This review is from: The Last Night of the Earth Poems (Paperback)
if you're looking for the legendary power of bukowski's words, this is it. the maturity of the writer at his best, pure gold. it is my bedside poetry book.

The Last Night of the Earth Poems
The Last Night of the Earth Poems by Charles Bukowski (Paperback - May 31, 2002)
$17.99 $15.29