4.0 out of 5 stars A different type of J-Horror
Published on August 1, 2011 by Kenoh

3.0 out of 5 stars Quirky black comedy
The Japanese do a great job with horror and quirky black comedies, and this is no exception. Heaps of fun, but not for those who are easily disturbed.
Published on May 4, 2010 by Nepheli Ciel

4.0 out of 5 stars A different type of J-Horror, August 1, 2011
This review is from: The Last Supper (DVD)
Just so you know my point of view, I am a huge fan of Asian Horror films and in particular, Japanese horror films. I came across this at a blockbuster, and judging by the cover, I had to buy it. It looked doofy, but the description on the back made me see past that. A good looking surgeon who brings young japanese girls home to slice up and eat for dinner sounded bizarre, but different from all of the ghost (kaidan) horror movies such as Ringu, Ju-on, Noroi, Pulse, etc, which the japanese do the best at making. Out of most j-horrors outside of the Ghost genre, this was a refreshing break. The movie kept my attention, and had a few good plot twists in the run. I really liked it. Any J-Horror fan should definitely take a look at this movie. If you're not really into J-horror this might be a difficult watch, which is why I really recommend this for those who know what this genre is really about.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is one bizarre,sick,twisted movie, July 16, 2008
This review is from: The Last Supper (DVD)
My brother and I just rented this movie at Blockbuster. I won't tell the whole story of the movie,because the summary above pretty much covers it. I have to say this movie is probably the one of the most demented,twisted, and bizarre movies I ever seen. It had an insane ending with a little twist to it. If you want to see something weird,gory,and twisted,then this is it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quirky black comedy, May 4, 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Blockbuster, February 10, 2008
This review is from: The Last Supper (DVD)
Well I rented this from Blockbuster when I was on a Japanese movie spree. Pretty dissapointing. It isn't a typical artsy OR gory Japanese movie. Charaters voices were dubbed with english, if I remember correctly. I guess if you just want to watch a random film its okay, but don't have any expectations. Rent it, don't buy it.

The Last Supper
The Last Supper by Osamu Fukutani (DVD - 2007)
$11.99