Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Last of Us: Left Behind DLC - PS3 [Digital Code]
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 6, 2014
Ok so first things first. The length of this DLC is around the 2.5 - 3 hour mark, if you explore all there is you **might** stretch that to 4 hours and having said that, like the original, its cut-scene heavy.

With all that said, my opinion is that this DLC is worth every single penny. If you loved the original, then I cant help but feel you are doing yourself a disservice by not picking this up due to its slightly high price.

Whats in the DLC?
This DLC covers a small but important part of the original story that was missing, but it also covers some of Ellies back story. Not only do you have a very important piece of the original story filled in, but you also find out about Ellies pre-Joel life.

Quality
As good, if not better than the original game. Graphics are jaw-droppingly good, considering this is a last gen game, just WOW. The sound is as good as the original and then the acting / mo-cap is again, spot-on.

Should you buy?
Tough question. But if you are a fan of Naughty Dogs exquisite story telling, if you absolutely loved the original TLoU, I struggle to see why you wouldn't enjoy.

On the other hand, if you are looking for fast paced, shooter action, while the DLC does have this, its VERY story / cut scene heavy. If you even remotely put off by this possibility then I think you will struggle to justify the $15.

Bottom line
I am a huge fan of story telling, and for my money no one does this better than Naughty Dog. I loved the story in the original and this is not only more of that but a piece of the story I felt was missing. Yes its short but this is the perfect example of how DLC can be done right and be AAA+ quality start to finish.
on February 14, 2014
I'm going to make this short and sweet, if you were a fan of the original game, this is a must buy. Jumping back into the world of The Last of Us feels fantastic and Naughty Dog has created even more amazing story telling. It is a little short but the quality of the story and the game-play, in my opinion, completely justify the price point. If you've been dying to jump back into this world, don't skip this opportunity and experience it for yourself.
44 comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2014
First off , unless you just don't play online , it's a much better deal to spend the extra 5 bucks and get the season pass with all the DLC( 2 multiplayer map packs ) .

Here Naughty Dog does a few things :

Ellie gets some good character development , the DLC explains alot about her motivations , etc . Lets be clear , gameplay is NOT the focus with this DLC , this is for people who loved the story and want to see more of it . I brought the comics , the art book , and this was icing on the cake . Emotionally this DLC was almost too powerful . The story alone here is worth it( seriously buy the Season Pass! )

There are a few parts where the graphics are amazing , their are a few tricks done to accomplish this , but it's a nice preview of what next gen should look like .

Lastly , Ellie's gameplay is significantly different than Joel's , you should remember this from the main game , but you can't just run into a room and overpower enemies . I found this to be extremely fun as I was forced to think differently .

And yeah , an amazing add on to a game I already loved . Looking forward to Uncharted 4 on the PS4 !
on February 17, 2014
While it was frustrating that this game is only available on PSN (requiring me to spend 20 bucks on an internet cable and waste tons of time downloading updates and the game itself), this experience was easily worthwhile. It's only got about 2-3 hours of gameplay (counting cutscenes and exploration), but I still find it to be worth the 14 dollar price tag. After all, that's the length of an average movie and people are willing to pay that price to get them on dvd or blu-ray all the time.

As most already know, this add on to the 2013 masterpiece features a major story between Ellie and Riley. Also turns it turns out that Ellie's adventure with Riley is only part of the game. The main part is a side quest that takes place after the university level in the original story. You play as Ellie as she searches for some first aid items to patch Joel up after he's injured. It doesn't add anything new to the plot, but it does provide a logical explanation of how Ellie was able to move a severely injured and totally incapacitated adult man all the way to to the Resort town on her own. It also makes Joel's decision to save Ellie at the end feel even more justified, seeing as it turns out she had to do even more crazy things for his sake when he was down for the count.

It's also interesting to contrast Ellie's style of gameplay to Joel. Ellie is much better when it comes to stealth, because she doesn't have to waste so much time chocking guys to death, and she can stealth kill from any angle. This makes smoke bombs way more useful because Ellie can easily kill 3 or 4 guys inside the smoke before it clears. Also clickers are practically helpless against her. She can just stealth walk right up to them and knife them to death, and there is nothing they can do about it.

On the downside, she's not very good at open combat, mainly because she can't melee fight effectively or use bricks as melee weapons. Any enemy that gets close is going to inflict a ton of damage or death. This can be a problem because some parts of the game require open combat, especially the last battle which basically throw you into the worst tactical situation a human could possibly be in. It's a really cheap ploy that feels forced (enemies seems to appear out of nowhere, coming from areas you have already cleared), but it sure provides one heck of a challenge.

However, the coolest new feature of the game is certain areas that have both infected and hostile humans present at the same time. It's so fun to play both sides against each other. A simple brick toss between them can start a small war between both sides, and you can use molotovs while they are mixed together to mop up any survivors. I'm now praying they make a sequel so we can get this aspect into a full game.

Also as far as I know, the saga of Riley and Ellie is the only time in video game history that the main focus of a story has been on the relationship between two teenage girls. It's brilliantly depicted and simply explaining it in a review won't do it justice. You really need to check this out for yourself. It's a must-have for any Last of Us fan. That being said, it does feel like the story between them ends prematurely. We don't actually get to see what they go through after they are bitten, which I feel had a ton a story potential. I can just imagine watching in horror as the reality of their situation sets in, perhaps ending with Ellie having to kill Riley herself and fight her way back to the Boston QZ alone. There was simply endless potential for drama here and it's a shame this wasn't taken advantage of. Perhaps we'll get to see this in a future DLC.

But altogether I'd say the game is very worthwhile.
1818 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2015
I really enjoyed this add on. It's the first add on DLC I've ever bought for a game (not a huge gamer). For under $10 I thought it was superb. I liked the addition of being able to instigate fights between infected and soldiers since that was not a part of the main game. It was at least something fresh.
on October 6, 2014
While The Last Of Us: Left Behind DLC was not quite what I was looking for in terms of extended content for the original game, it quickly earned my respect as a continuation of Naughty Dog's top tier story and game.

What it offers is brief. But it shows us something new, giving us an unexpected look at two major events in the game that went unseen. The events that led Ellie to the fireflies and what went on during the end of fall and beginning of winter. I only wish I had a PS4 to play the remastered version with.

Like everyone else who played The Last of Us, I was incredibly absorbed into the story driven world of the main game. As Joel bonds with Ellie I grew attached to the pair of them. We survived infected horrors and even more monstrous, uninfected people. Left Behind really delves into Ellie's story in this way. The plot focuses on her development leading up to the start of the game, and it helps add points of clarity to much of what she says and does while your wandering the wastes of civilization.

If you enjoyed the original, get this, but the original has probably already convinced you to anyway.
on July 16, 2016
Okay, so first off this DOES NOT take long to complete, it maybe took me a couple hours. But, I decided to get this add on because after completing the main story line I still felt like I needed more. I feel like the price should be lowered down, not allot of action, not to complicated to beat (but I also played on easy)
Even though of this, i still gave it four stars, because I love the storyline of the game and I wanted more of that.
SPOILERS ***

* So what this includes is when Ellie saved Joel from his injury (when he fell on that metal pole thingy) and then it goes back before Ellie met Joel- it switches from her taking care of him to her flashbacks before they met, and it ends with her flashback.

Get it if u want to know more of the storyline, don't get it if all u want is not stop action for hours, because it doesn't last that long.

Over all what I expected, pretty cool.
on March 4, 2016
Huge fan of the last of us and this is just as good. Some sections are slower paced but still good. I rather enjoyed playing as elle. Tells an interested sorry of what happened during some unseen segments of the full game.
on February 22, 2015
I actually own the PS4 version of this, and was amazed at how much I liked it. It really gave their world that extra bump that really made it come full circle for me. I then bought the PS3 version for my brother's Bday. I think it's totally worth playing, at 15$… not totally sure, I kind of hate DLC, but this was one that really might change my mind, at least a little bit.
on February 9, 2015
I haven't had a chance to play this yet but if it builds off of the existing game I'm sure it will be wonderful. If you're looking for a comic series that is just as good as the last of us you may want to check out crossed.