Customer Discussions > The Last of Us forum

The Last of Us Demo

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 31, 2013 3:43:53 PM PDT
Doug D. Le says:
The Demo was Just Released Today for Early Access if you own Gods of War Ascension

It is roughly around 20-30minutes depending on your play style

Review- It is a great fun game
- Craft system is great and takes time. You need to do it while you are safe
- Sneaking can be tough and you have to plan out your attack

Watch the PlaythroughDemo:
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nQCHI4r4uE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nQCHI4r4uE[/url]
[yt]-nQCHI4r4uE[/yt]
[YOUTUBE]-nQCHI4r4uE[/YOUTUBE]

Posted on May 31, 2013 10:39:37 PM PDT
2pacleo says:
do you consider there was any spoilers on the demo? i so wanna watch the vid but wont if there is spoilers u know... lol

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2013 10:51:46 PM PDT
K. Parks says:
No i watched it just showed some basic gameplay.. Cant wait to get this game!

Posted on May 31, 2013 11:08:01 PM PDT
MacJunegrand says:
Kind of a mix between Metal Gear Solid and Left 4 Dead. This is a real survival game, not like the last Resident Evil games, which allow you to shoot around everything in sight and never run out of ammo. You have to be careful and conservative. You need to pick your battles here. The demo is really short, but it's quite good.

I haven't actually been following this game, so I didn't know much about it, and I was kinda irked that they delayed the release of the demo (I preordered GoWA and I've been sitting on the ability to play this demo for like two months), so I wasn't too enthusiastic, but the demo was great! I'm definitely buying this game.

Posted on Jun 1, 2013 10:18:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 1, 2013 12:18:05 PM PDT
Jason Bean says:
I noticed in the demo a scripted moment where Joel was hanging upside down and fending off waves of clickers with what seemed to be unlimited ammo. Also there looked to be a sort of B&W "focus" mode which lets you see through walls. Did either of these features break the immersion?

Posted on Jun 1, 2013 3:43:23 PM PDT
What is the Demo's Size?

Uncharted 3 was around 43 Gb

And I have the impression The Last of Us could end up being the biggest game of all time

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2013 8:18:58 PM PDT
haven't seen the upsidedown part, but the focus, thing is up to you, you don't need to use it if you don't want to. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2013 8:59:24 PM PDT
MacJunegrand says:
The demo is 2241 MB. There's an initial download of 132 MB and then it downloads everything from inside. Kinda annoying, I have to say, since you can't use the background download function.

Anyway, I didn't notice any of those things Jason Bean says. I never got hanged upside down (perhaps it's a random event?) and I certainly didn't see any "focus" mode. Did you pick the "easy" difficulty, or changed something in the options, maybe?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2013 5:26:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 2, 2013 5:32:10 AM PDT
Jason Bean says:
I haven't played the demo, only seen the footage people have been posting. The Joel shooting waves of clickers with unlimited ammo was from another demonstration I guess (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJOzURIy63U), not the demo released with God of War. If you didn't notice any bits like that in the demo then I'm not too worried. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2013 5:28:45 AM PDT
Jason Bean says:
Glad to know it's optional. Thanks!

Posted on Jun 2, 2013 11:37:56 AM PDT
The "focus" mode is merely Joel listening for his foes. It's not cheating considering that you can do the same thing in real life. It always bothers me when I get blindsided by an enemy in a stealth game when in reality I could easily hear their footsteps as they approach. It makes no sense that a survivalist or a military man would have worse awareness than a middle-aged dork. ;)

Posted on Jun 2, 2013 12:26:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 2, 2013 12:32:55 PM PDT
Jason Bean says:
Trying to simulate sound as part of a gameplay mechanic can be challenging so I can see why games like this and the new Tomb Raider added an "instinct"-like mode (as you say, so you don't get completely blind-sided). However I think it can take away from the immersion, especially in a survival game which makes you scrounge for supplies and health but lets you magically see enemies through walls. As Rafael pointed out this mode is optional and can be turned off in the game's menu so I'm not too worried about it.

Posted on Jun 3, 2013 9:17:34 AM PDT
Angie says:
Guy's, in the demo you can go to the game settings and scroll down to "Listen Mode" and you have the option to turn it off or leave it on. You can also turn off the gore if you're sensitive to that kind of stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2013 12:49:52 PM PDT
Cudds says:
Bought GoW and barely played it. Tonight I will open it up to get that demo!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2013 6:20:52 AM PDT
PJ Pooka says:
Thanks for info concerning gore.I am extremely sensitive to it.So pleased to read it can be toned down.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2013 9:56:56 AM PDT
Jason, I started playin "survival" mode last night, and gues what, on this mode you don't have the ability to "localize" enemies, is it hard? not yet, but I'm still on the first 45 minutes, I'm sure when I get to the clicker's section I'll start pulling my hairs, try this mode if you need more immersion.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2013 9:53:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2013 10:43:07 AM PDT
Jason Bean says:
Thanks! I actually started the game with Hard mode and after completing it am now on Survival Mode (without the NG+, too easy). On either mode, with "listen" turned off I found myself pretty immersed. It's an amazing game.

Posted on Jul 26, 2013 7:39:30 PM PDT
Immersion, perversion. Whatever the case, if you want a challenge, don't use the Focus function.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2013 12:27:50 PM PDT
Well, you can't exactly see through walls while "focusing" though. But it's fine the way it is anyway, since most other games make you look through a mini-map or radar or compass and see dots on it to show where the enemy is.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2013 3:22:36 AM PDT
hey let me know if this game is the last of us Latino or Spanish audio only in English? thanks
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Last of Us forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  May 31, 2013
Latest post:  Aug 23, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Last of Us
The Last of Us by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (2,551)