5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative for delicates
Published on February 10, 2012 by ls96

1.0 out of 5 stars Not working any more
I bought this product in March 2012, started using it to only wash my new born cloths in May 2012. Now it's not working any more, after about 9 months of simple and moderate use.
Published 22 months ago by HAYTHAM H ZAMZAMI

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative for delicates, February 10, 2012
This review is from: The Laundry Alternative Eco-egg Automatic Mini Washing Machine
I live in an apartment with no washer hook-up and have been looking for something like this for a long time. I hate going to the laundromat: shady people, unsafe at night, clothes come out dirty with detergent stuck on them--need I say more? This is a great little machine for washing small items (full cycle runs for 35 minutes). One load can take 4-5 T-shirts with a couple of personal items like undergarments or socks (basically, about a day's load of clothes). It has three rinse cycles and gets the detergent out completely. As the description says, it does not have a spin cycle so clothes remain wet. I use it with a laundry alternative spin dryer that wrings out all the water. Would not recommend to a large family, only to those looking for a personal washer.

Very quiet, and unlike other mini washers, fully automatic. I wear formal clothes to work, and this machine is perfect for them. No more draining and rinsing! No more hand-washing!

5.0 out of 5 stars great little product, February 24, 2012
This tiny washer does a great job, just dont expect alot of room it canfit 3 tshirts and 3 pairs of underwear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little washing machine, May 10, 2013
I absolutely love everything about it, we bought it when we got a new baby to keep her diapers/clothes washed so we wouldnt have to go to the laundromat every other day. Its held up well though we havent used it in about 6 months as we now have a full sized washing machine in the home so i can only speak to the first 6 or 7 months of ownership.

Its a bit noisy, which i only mention because its touted as being "very quiet running" and there were times where i could hear a knocking noise from across the house and had to run to find out that it was the washing machine.

Regardless of that its still a great device and i would recommend it to anyone who has a lot of light duty washing to do.

4.0 out of 5 stars great machine, July 6, 2013
This machine works great. It doesn't fit but a couple of pieces but def saves me money in the laundry room. The only thing I don't like is it does not drain all the way and I have to pick the machine up and dump the water.

4.0 out of 5 stars It fits easily on my kitchen counter and when it is not ..., September 15, 2014
Jessica (Virginia Beach, Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
I got my Eco-Egg because my small apartment has no washer or dryer hookups. I was looking for two things out of this product specifically- 1) compact size, and 2) ease of use. I loathe taking my clothes to the laundromat as it's often prohibitively expensive to do so and it rarely fits into my busy college and work schedule when I DO have the extra cash to clean all of my clothes.

Regarding the first of my criteria, COMPACT SIZE:

My apartment is very small. The amount of counter space near the sink (where the Eco-Egg is hooked up) as well as the amount of storage space throughout my home are both quite restricted. I needed a machine that would hold a decent load of laundry but would not take up much space. The Eco-Egg definitely hits the mark in this regard.

It was much larger in person than I had imagined based on the pictures, but once I had it put together and ready to run, I realized that it is actually surprisingly compact. It fits easily on my kitchen counter and when it is not in use, it can be stored elsewhere in my kitchen without being too obtrusive.

As for the second of my criteria, EASE OF USE:

I found the user's manual to be mostly unhelpful. There were no directions for how to assemble the machine (luckily, it was not difficult to figure out on my own) and the directions regarding use were just a little... off. They were not impossible to figure out (the machine is basically straightforward- hit ON, start a full cycle, leave machine alone, the end!) but they were not super helpful either. However, if we ignore the manual entirely, the machine itself is INSANELY EASY TO USE. I just dumped in a few small clothing items, added a tablespoon of detergent, and started the Egg up. It washed the load very quickly, and then even had a funnel attachment that I could add to keep water from dripping everywhere when I was wringing out the clothes.

The only thing that WAS NOT insanely easy to use was the water connection line-thing that attaches the egg to the sink. While it wasn't difficult to install, unhooking it for storage was trickier. I spilled water all over my floor before I realized that all the water had not been pumped out of the machine and tubes. Be careful disassembling for this reason!

As other reviews have noted, there is NO SPIN CYCLE, so clothes are very damp when they come out. Personally, I wring mine out as much as possible, and then hang them up to dry. Lightweight items like underwear and t-shirts dry in a few hours while heavier items like pants take much, much longer to air dry. My pants have been hanging for almost 24 hours now and are still a little damp, so make sure to wring clothes out thoroughly and to allow plenty of dry time (if you are air drying.)

I don't even care that some of my clothes are still damp the next day, though. They are much, MUCH cleaner than when I was hand washing them. They look and smell great! The Eco-Egg really washed them hard core! And it was surprisingly quiet as it did so.

Plus, at just over $100, I'm going to save a lot of money (and time!) that would have been spent at my hot, crowded, horrible neighborhood laundromat.

The Egg can hold a SMALL pile of laundry. Basically a few shirts and socks OR a pair of jeans and maybe a few pairs of underwear OR a hoodie and a few tank tops, etc. Really, it can launder one big item and a few small ones or a bunch of small ones with no big items. I had hoped my comforter might be able to make it in, but there's really no way.

Regardless, I'm pleased with this purchase and would certainly recommend this product to anyone looking for a small washer that is easy to use and to store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent Product, August 8, 2013
I'm a runner... once I returned from a run I'd place my running gear in the egg... I've had this for spprox. 7 year with no problem... for a while I was using it every other day and it's still doing the laundry...

4.0 out of 5 stars not bad, September 7, 2013
It does a good job, first and foremost. The 2 rinse cycles really get the detergent out. Clothes come out clean and fresh. The washing chamber is small, however. For the size of the machine, only about 1/2 of it is used for actual washing capacity. So a big improvement here would be to have a larger washing chamber and compact the other components.

Setting up the hoses and attachments is also a bit of a pain..particularly having to do it every time you use it. Someone needs to invent a universal attachment that makes it easy to get the hoses on and off. I suppose it's a necessary evil if you want an auto-rinse cycle.

It's not loud, but you can definitely hear it while it runs. Not enough to matter unless you're super sensitive to noise.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not working any more, February 23, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for RV camping, September 6, 2014
Length:: 7:19 Mins

This is my video review- In the few months I've had this I have never gone back to the laundry room in my development since I can do my small loads by the week instead of letting the smelly socks sit for 3 weeks till I have enough for a large washer. I've also saved my quarters and have put them towards gas money this washer is fun and easy it's best for camping but any student or elderly on a budget will enjoy this product. Elderly are sure to like this since they can do small loads and it's easy to hook up for those who have certain special needs even the young kids will get a joy with helping mom do there clothes

1.0 out of 5 stars They sent me USED item and no reply, September 18, 2013
Today is September 18, 2013.
I purchased 'new' eco egg after reading nice Amazon reviews.
I found their website and paid with credit card.
They sent me dirty mold smelling ---Used product---
and I reported to them, and they wanted me to send photos of it.
I sent several ones, then they don't received phone calls ,
never answered me back by email for three days.
I like to get where I should report this company.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›