4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says it will
Published 7 months ago by TRL

3.0 out of 5 stars Great design but not very practical due to low capacity
I really wanted to like the pod. It is well made, very nicely designed, attractive, shows great attention to detail and quality overall is excellent. However, the capacity is very small. That coupled with the high price make this hard to recommend.

Published on September 23, 2011 by Bron

3.0 out of 5 stars Great design but not very practical due to low capacity, September 23, 2011
This review is from: The Laundry POD, White (Kitchen)

In addition, it did not clean clothes very well in my tests. Clothes I washed by hand in the sink were cleaner than those I did in the Pod. I've only done a few tests so far, and things did go a little better in later tests, but then I had reduced the number of clothes so much that it would hardly be worth all the bother. [Update: The seller contacted me and was very helpful. He recommended a long soak time to aid in getting the clothes clean (as does Megan Smith in her review) and I'm sure that would help. The Pod's instructions indicate 'a few minutes' but 4-6 hours or even overnight should help. He also suggested some special detergents but I have not been able to try them. At any rate, I'm sure you can make this thing work, and, for some, it may be a winner, but not for me.]

If you are a guy cleaning cotton undershirts, underwear, socks, etc, this thing is not for you. Cleaning even one or two undershirts, a pair of underwear, and 2 pairs of socks taxed the Pod's capacity mightily. Forget washing a pair of jeans, no way. Even a couple of dress shirts would be tough. Maybe it works better on women's nylon delicates.

And then there's all the effort to fill, spin, empty, refill, spin, empty...it was much easier to wash the clothes in a sink or tub and just hand ring them. For 100 bucks, I don't think so.

---------------- update --------------------
(P.S. But do read Megan Smith's excellent 5 star review and if after all that it still makes sense to you, go for it. Just not worth it to me. I can do the same thing with two $10 plastic tubs/pans and less bother.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says it will, June 19, 2014
This review is from: The Laundry POD, White (Kitchen)
I'm really liking this product! I use it mostly for workout clothes, because I don't have enough of those to keep a good supply in between loads of regular laundry. It's perfect for that: It gets them clean, spins out enough water that they dry overnight (usually; it gets pretty humid here in the winter, and nothing ever dries then), and does it all reasonably quickly and easily. It's also great for those little emergencies: Oops, I forgot to wash the top I wanted to wear tomorrow. Oops, I'm out of clean underwear. Etc.

It's taken a bit of practice to figure out how to fill and drain this thing without spraying water all over everything (pro tip: Make sure the drain is closed before filling!), and how to agitate the clothes so they actually move relative to each other (turn the handle slowly, and change direction often) but I feel like I'm past the learning curve now, and it's doing just what I need it to.

I feel like a lot of the negative reviews on here are due to people wanting this product to be a different product, so let's talk about what this device is NOT:
--It is not electric powered. It does take some work, involving you and your muscles, to operate. However, if you are capable of basic activities of daily living, I don't see any reason why you couldn't use this machine.
--It is not a full-sized washer. It just isn't. You can't put a whole load of laundry in here. And when it says "up to 10" items, I think maybe that means 10 individual socks. For anything else, you can probably fit 3 or 4 lightweight items like t-shirts, or 1 or 2 bigger ones.
--Similarly, it is not a replacement for a real washing machine, unless you have nothing else to do, ever, except laundry. It is, however, a way to cut back on the number of loads you need to do in the real washer, because you can take care of little things as they come up instead of running "in-between" loads that aren't full enough.
--It is not a spin dryer. However, it does get clothes dryer than I can get them by wringing them out after washing in the sink. It just takes a little time and patience: Keep spinning until water stops coming out of the hose! Then maybe give it a few more spins for good measure. Yeah, it's work, but you can spend 3 extra minutes spinning now, or an extra day waiting for your clothes to dry and cleaning up drips from the floor. I'll take the 3 minutes.

So. If you keep those limitations in mind and use the POD appropriately, I think you'll like it as much as I do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Salad spinner for clothes!, September 12, 2011
This review is from: The Laundry POD, White (Kitchen)
I live in a garden apt complex that's spread out over 5 acres, with only one laundry room in a different building than I'm in. I never use it - if I'm going to schlepp my laundry up and down a couple of flights of stairs, walk right next to my car to cross the parking lot to the next building to cut thru there, etc. I'd just as soon put everything in the car & go to a laundromat.
This is great - saves me money, saves me trips. and most importantly saves me time. Instead of piling up clothes for a weekly or biweekly schlepp, I come home from work, throw the Pod up on the kitchen counter, and in a few minutes have washed what I wore to work.
The manual says it takes about 6 qt of water, I find 8 qts works best for me. The clothes absorb some of the water, so the extra water lets them swish around freely. Only needs a teaspoon or two of detergent (economical)to get good suds action. Give a minute or two of good whirls (nice work out) drain, spin, refill with more water, spin again, drain the rinse water, then give a few more good whirls to spin out excess water - it really does work like an over-sized salad spinner! I do mostly cold-water wash, but I have used it for hot water washing as well.
I would have given it 5 stars, but didn't only because it works best set up to the right of the sink, so the drain hose can be placed right into the sink, and the knob to open and close the drain valve is in the front of the Pod. As a lefty, I spin with my left hand (and to the right of my sink is a convection oven), so I have it set up on the left side of the sink, hose into the sink, but the drain valve knob is now in the back & I have to keep reaching around. As a lefty in a right-handed world, I adapt, but it would be nice to be able to use the drain hose from both sides, keeping the drain valve knob in front.
*wistfully sighs*...now only if i could do my linens in this

1.0 out of 5 stars It's Ok..........But, March 29, 2012
LD "Kneighthawke" (Twin Cities, MN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Laundry POD, White (Kitchen)
First of all I got this to save time AND becasue it had a way to spin the excess water out of the clothing and to use as a stop gap between loads in my washing machine. It was not because I live somewhere that I do not have access to my own machines. I have a Whirlpool Front load washer and dryer.

Well, if you are NOT physcally fit forget it it will not work and you can not use it. I found it gave me quite a work out with my arms and shoulders. In fact I found I had pain in my neck and shoulders the next day after I used it.

You need to pre-treat and let your clothing soak in it, the longer you let it soak in the detergant the better, the better it cleans your clothing. As for spinning your clothing of excess water it will get them to the point of no longer dripping.

I suggest you get an automatic clothing spinner that spins out the water then trying to use this thing.

For the aproximate $100 cost of this it is made cheaply.

I do not recommend this for washing clothing at all. If you do not want to use electricty or less water, get the hand crank tubmler wonder washer/spunik 3 that uses hot water to pressurize the tank and washes the clothing via pressure and hand cranking or one of the other small electric washing machines.

This one is too cheaply made to waste your money on. It does an ok job on getting stuff clean barely. NOT WORTH THE MONEY AT ALL I AM RETURNING MINE.

*****Update********
If for some reason you decide you want this item, DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT BUY IT FROM GREEN CUPBOARDS. They answered my e-mails twice but never let me return it. GREEN CUPBOARDS IS A SCAM SELLER, THEY CLAIMED THEY HAD TO CONTACT THEIR DISTRIBUTOR, NEVER WAS ABLE TO RETURN THIS PIECE OF PLASTIC BECAUSE THEY KEPT GIVING ME THE RUN AROUND.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laundry Salad Spinner, November 21, 2013
This review is from: The Laundry POD, White (Kitchen)
I love this! I can wash a few at a time without electric and high bills. Then you can spin it a lot to wring out the water so as not needing to do that by hand. I do 60 turns right and 60 turns left for the wash water and the rinse water. So my arms are getting stronger while saving money on electric consumption.

5.0 out of 5 stars It was Love at first Site, April 1, 2014
This review is from: The Laundry POD, White (Kitchen)
I love love my POD!!! Living in Arizona during the summer your electricity bill is wrenching to open. I noticed last summer how much laundry i do and how much it costs me. So i was on a mission to save money!!! Not only do you have the great Arizona sun that dries anything out in less that 30 minutes. This POD is great for any family that is on a tight budget and wants to save money while helping the environment out as well!

I don't have set days of doing laundry, I have found doing a small load of wash that includes my "All Boy" 3 year old day care clothes with mine is easily manageable. I seriously have mastered the multitasking with this POD, doing my laundry on the counter top and stirring our dinner at the same time.

Also, I do liquid detergent. I have found it is easier to use, plus i barely use a tablespoon per load. Great product for zombie apocalypses too!!

Good Luck and Happy Cleaning!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, January 1, 2012
RSG0115 (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Laundry POD, White (Kitchen)
The Laundry Pod does exactly what I needed it to do! I wear a lot of hand-wash sweaters and go to the gym daily and this product does an excellent job of quickly and effectively cleaning those items. The spin cycle gets all the excess water out without twisting or wrinkling my items so everything line dries quickly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Basically fell apart, January 1, 2013
This review is from: The Laundry POD, White (Kitchen)
I really wanted to like this thing, but it is completely impractical and started falling apart after 10 uses. It is made of cheap plastic, and for 100 bucks I expect something higher quality and more durable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but watch the handle, February 9, 2014
Hello Silly (Hoboken, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Laundry POD, White (Kitchen)
The laundry pod can wash most small items of clothing. I've done jeans but rinse twice to make sure all the soap gets out.
My only complaint is the metal handle has begun to rust which I suppose was inevitable. Need to take care to clean the top of the Pod after each use.
If you can, place the POD so that gravity helps you with draining. I have to use mine in the tub so it takes a lot of effort to get the water drained out.
I also recommend that you keep top off until completely dry and I give it an occasional spray of Lysol.

1.0 out of 5 stars Laundry Pod, March 30, 2013
This review is from: The Laundry POD, White (Kitchen)
I brought this washer and it broke within the year! I tried getting in contact with the company but they never answered my emails! I won't buy anything from Laundry Pod ever again!

The Laundry POD, White