4.0 out of 5 stars This game was a lot of fun...
Published on January 4, 2009 by Superwoman AJ

2.0 out of 5 stars A great classic
This game is awsome. But take note that it needs to be up dated so that it can run on windows 7. If your not running XP or something older your out of luck.
Published on October 10, 2010 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars This game was a lot of fun..., January 4, 2009
Superwoman AJ "AJ" (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Oregon Trail 4th Edition (DVD-ROM)
I got hooked on the original Oregon Trail several years ago, so I was excited when I saw there was one that would be compatible with my new computer. I had to look for a "cheat sheet" online to figure out how to catch fish, and it had some other pointers that helped me navigate through the game. The worst part of the game is crossing some of those rivers and seemingly getting "stuck" and unable to move without ending the program from the task manager (saving the game is an option), then going back into the game. Other than that, the game was a delight. The only thing I miss from the original is being able to have families with you on the trail. Instead you have two other, unrelated people, who may or may not give you good advice along the way.

This game is addictive - I played for hours; died once, and made it all the way to Oregon twice. There is a checklist at the end that determines how much land you get - I got 80 acres the first time, 40 the second.

Again, lots of fun for old and young alike.

2.0 out of 5 stars A great classic, October 10, 2010
This review is from: Oregon Trail 4th Edition (DVD-ROM)

3.0 out of 5 stars Oregon Trail, Just like when we where kids!, December 26, 2010
This review is from: Oregon Trail 4th Edition (DVD-ROM)
Oregon Trail is just like when we where kids because it IS the same game. The only thing ever done to this game over the last 20 years is that it's been adapted (sort of) to run on newer computers. I had to turn the graphics way down on the computer to get it to run and it periodically crashes still but it has an auto save feature that comes in real handy. Its still a campy game though.

1.0 out of 5 stars Oregon Trail 4, March 13, 2011
This review is from: Oregon Trail 4th Edition (DVD-ROM)
I had to return this product. Contrary to advertisement it was not compatible with Windows XP. I had 3 different people try to download and open this program to no avail.

3.0 out of 5 stars Oregon trail, May 6, 2011
This review is from: Oregon Trail 4th Edition (DVD-ROM)
I was excited at first, because it was a newer version of what I had remembered. But once you get on the trail, you are finished with the game extremely soon. Maybe it seemed way longer when i was little, but It's pretty much only good for getting your fix of the game. Good otherwise though, came early and in good condition.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not able to play it, May 9, 2013
This review is from: Oregon Trail 4th Edition (DVD-ROM)
Guess it's tp play on older computers. Not able to play CD on my laptop. Not worth sending it back and paying postage again. So guess I'm stuck with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this one!, June 30, 2014
This review is from: Oregon Trail 4th Edition (DVD-ROM)
Love this game. Students learn to observe and make decisions. They see how decisions can impact. Great game for everyone!

2.0 out of 5 stars Was not compatiable with my computer, April 1, 2014
This review is from: Oregon Trail 4th Edition (DVD-ROM)
Even though the CD states that the disc is compatible with Windows, it is not. I ordered the game to play with my students during the WestWard expansion unit and was sorely disappointed to find out that the disc did not work. After emailing my tech person, it was determined that the version on this CD was just too outdated to be compatible with my system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Windows 8 hates this but i love it!, January 29, 2014
This review is from: Oregon Trail 4th Edition (DVD-ROM)
Windows 8 hates this but i love it! I had to do alot to my computer to get it to play this game, so if you have a windows 8 pos this game might not be for you. But when I got it working it was awesome and added many cool features to the ol' fave!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 10, 2014
This review is from: Oregon Trail 4th Edition (DVD-ROM)
Best of the Oregon Trail games! Highly recommend!

Oregon Trail 4th Edition
Oregon Trail 4th Edition by Learning Company (Windows)
$14.95 $8.27