5.0 out of 5 stars Poignant, Sad, Beautiful..., August 25, 2011
Lisa (Cleveland, Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Legacy Letters (Hardcover)
"The Legacy Letters" was excerpted in a women's magazine I read recently. I knew it was a book I needed to read. Like most people, 9/11 impacted me in an enduring way and the upcoming 10th anniversary has been on my mind a lot.

I knew no one who died in the towers, airplanes or Pentagon that fateful day, but I feel as though "The Legacy Letters" has changed that.

Each letter starts with a brief bio of the person lost that morning. Who their parents, siblings, spouses and children were. Where they were that morning and in what capacity. You feel like you know a bit of the special person's background. Then you read these beautiful letters - from a parent, spouse, child, niece or nephew, or other loved one.

Though I usually plow through books, this is one that I can only read in small doses. Each writing is so beautiful, but so painful at the same time. You feel the broken hearts and loving memories of the writers. You become incredibly sad but also admire the resilience of those who keep love alive and somehow move forward through the pain.

I can't imagine a better collection of tributes, so well compiled, written and presented.

Thank you "Tuesday's Children" for putting this collection together so that those of us not directly involved in the 9/11 tragedy could remember those lost in such a memorable way.

This book is the perfect antidote to those of us who haven't forgotten 9/11 but whose lives have gone on without the direct loss that the writers of "The Legacy Letters" have lived each day.

May God bless each and every one of the families who lost someone dear to them in the tragedy of 9/11 and may we as a nation never forget those who perished or take for granted the freedom that we enjoy each day in the U.S.

Wonderful book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Saddest yet most amazing book, September 12, 2011
This review is from: The Legacy Letters (Hardcover)
Strangly I had ordered this book, but it did not get here until later in the day 9/10/11 and I didn't get home till after midnight, so I ended up reading this book on the 10th anniversary or 9/11 I started it and finished it reading through veils of tears I could no stop until I knew what the last letter said. As sad as it was it was so insparational seeing the streanghth and survival in these people!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, October 29, 2011
This book really opened my eyes to the losses on 9-11....Have Kleenex on hand,
Great Book. I lost noone on 9-11, except my heart broke and I realized the United States is NOT safe anymore.
Wish we could go back in time.....Change the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Legacy Letters, September 9, 2011
This review is from: The Legacy Letters (Hardcover)
I have bought a total of three copies of the Legacy Letters book. The first one I bought was for me to keep but I gave it to a friend as it was such a touching book. I bought a second one for another friend who tragically lost a sister last year. I know the letters written by the families of the 9/11 victims will help her cope with her loss. I now have a third one that I bought and plan to keep for myself. It is such a wonderful inspirational book. The letters are very touching. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars So touching, so powerful..., September 3, 2011
It bothers me tremendously when someone writes a review when only reading the sample. Ironic that this is my first review and I have only read the sample, that is how much impactful the sample is. Not to mention, as stated by the previous reviewer, this book is to be read in small doses. You get closure with each letter.

The previous reviewer "Lisa" stated the summary with perfection--I will not try to attempt a rehash of her review.

There is so much love, honor and strength written in each of these letters. Thank you Tuesday's Children, I commend you for putting together this touching, powerful book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative non-ficiton at its best, June 17, 2013
M. Mitchell (A small town in the mountains of far northern CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Legacy Letters (Hardcover)
What could be more poignant than a personal letter written to a lost loved one that reveals the stories of family and friends over the decade since they died in the midst of the public tragedy of September 11th.. "Legacy Letters" is a moving collection of just that. Each letter is a glimpse into the ongoing lives and healing journeys of families who lost loved ones to the terrorist attacks of 9/11. It provides a living history of the aftermath of a day that effected lives worldwide. As a contributor of one of the letters, I can say that writing it was a most welcome opportunity to commemorate the tenth anniversary of my brother's death and to be part of the much larger 9/11 family's offering of their precious stories and remembrances. Working with the folks at Tuesday's Children and at Penguin Books was a uniquely wonderful "gift" that "keeps on giving" in the form of this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Have Tissues Ready, May 28, 2013
This book are short biographies written about some victims of 9-11 along with a letter by one member of their family written to the person. It makes 9-11 more personal instead of a big number of people who died. Lots of moving words and memories. Worth the read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can only read a little bit at a time, May 5, 2013
This review is from: The Legacy Letters (Hardcover)
I can't read more than two or three of these letters in a row. The emotions that come pouring out of me is too much.They are so beautiful and such a wonderful reminder to appreciate the ones we love while we have the,. Buy a copy for yourself and a few to give to friends!!

5.0 out of 5 stars 9/11 will never go away!, July 8, 2012
This review is from: The Legacy Letters (Hardcover)
This is a must for those who must have more info on anything 9/11. This is very sombre but joyful at the same time cause we all want to know about the children left behind.

5.0 out of 5 stars An emotional "must read", January 6, 2012
This review is from: The Legacy Letters (Hardcover)
I keep reordering this book for family members and friends. I composed one of the "letters"...however, I continue to get very emotional when I read other families refections.
This is a great way to support a wonderful organization, Tuesday's Children. They have been and continue to be a tremendous support to 9/11 families.

The Legacy Letters
The Legacy Letters by Tuesday's Children (Hardcover - August 2, 2011)
Used & New from: $0.91