5.0 out of 5 stars Give This Book A Chance
I have to start this review with a bit of a disclaimer, I am not a huge Sci-Fi/Fantasy fan. I've read some of the more popular/cross-over stuff, but do not typically seek out novels in this genre. And I'm not a teenager.

Published 21 months ago by ldownes

2.0 out of 5 stars Although I found the storyline somewhat interesting,
I'm afraid that the actual execution fell through for me. It seemed more like a rough draft than a finished novel.

Published 10 months ago by jcat

5.0 out of 5 stars Give This Book A Chance, October 8, 2012
This review is from: The Legacy of Sadie Mae Stevens:: The Gordite Witch (Kindle Edition)

Disclaimer over, I really enjoyed reading this book. Sadie Mae was such a sympathetic and engaging character. You really feel for her and are cheering for her from the beginning. I am usually drawn to books with a strong, female protagonist and she's just perfect. Unfortunately, it was a little on the short side, but that's probably just the right length for most teens. Read this book!! Even if you are not a fan of the genre - give it a chance!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It, April 14, 2014
Enjoyed it from cover to cover. As an avid adventure seeker this book supplied on of the best stories ever. It was refreshing to see a female have such extraordinary powers. I would recommend it for any scifi lover

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, October 30, 2013
This book is great! It is fantasy. It has a little bit of gor but it is not bloody. It's adventurous, breath taking and a great book choice!

2.0 out of 5 stars Although I found the storyline somewhat interesting,, September 3, 2013

It appears to be written for a younger than YA audience, and yet there are some aspects that allude to darker happenings. I would suggest the adult read this book first before deciding to let a young one read it. Teens, no problem. Some violence, nothing too graphic.

This story has the potential to be a trip into an unique folklore-type world. There are a lot of life's lessons to be found in this story, and the character development isn't bad. But the novel needs more background and explanation in regards to the alien races and creatures--it really lost me, I just wasn't feeling it. The plot has action, but is choppy; it needs to take a deep breath and regroup here and there. The ending is OK, leaving things open for a sequel.

I can see the possibilities; but I'm sorry to say that it needs polish. It also needs some competent editing, restructuring, and proper formatting before I could recommend this Kindle edition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, March 21, 2013
Mac is an excellent writer! I am going to recommend it for my son and granddaughter.

I could not put it down. The only thing that bothered me was that many words were separated within the same sentence. This made it difficult to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, February 4, 2013
Well written and thought out. Nothing too predictable, plenty twists and imagination! Loved the fish tank fiasco, who would've seen that coming??

5.0 out of 5 stars This story is great, January 6, 2013
April Zornes (California, USA) - See all my reviews
I can't wait till the next one I love this story concept it's different from anything I have ever read and the author traps you in the story and paints such a vivid picture I got lost in the life of said mae and I loved ever minute of it good work max w. Miller keep it up

5.0 out of 5 stars Sadie Mae Stevens IS a legend, December 21, 2012
I love reading books that fit the "paranormal" genre, and this book did not let me down, It is an easy read and kept my attention. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I have no problem giving it 5 stars.

Sue

5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommend, September 21, 2012
The legacy of Sadie Mae Stevens
Max W. Miller

When a young girl loses her mother at the young age of five, it is forever hard on her. But when the girl abandoned by her father for reasons the girl cant help, that is worse. Strange noises coming from the young girls room has finally broke her fathers nerves. Her father sends her away to a curse breaker. She finds witches and talking rocks along the way. Then she challenges a creature who she wants to win against. Max W. Miller has out done herself with this book. I highly recommend this book to everyone as it is a page turner.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Version of this book., November 29, 2012
This sounds like a great book. The story seems very interesting. Unfortunately whomever digitized this book did the author a great disservice. The are multiple instances of words being either broken apart or run together or both. Fortunately I picked it up as a free book. Should an update come out with the much needed corrections, I will definitely give it a try again.

Rate and Discover Movies