Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on May 28, 2013
I got into the Zelda games just a couple of years ago, at college I end the Legend Of Zelda, Ocarina of Time (1998), but I never return to this saga until I buy my Nintendo Wii.

So I start by the end, with The Legend of Zelda, Skyward Sword (2011) I got immersed on that wonderful story and amazing game play.
So I use again Wii to complete the story of The Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess (2006), and fall in love with these games, then I complete the story of The Legend of Zelda, The Wind Walker (2003), and each of this games are pieces of Art, the story is kind the same on all of them the realm of Hyrule in danger, and a current boy takes the role of the hero but the games are full of details, are fun for kids or adults (I'm 35 years old now) but each game has been great for me.

So as soon as I knew that there is a book with the signature of the one and only Shigeru Miyamoto, I get it, so now I know what was behind this games and I'm really happy the book is in hard cover, bright paper and full of amazing pictures of the development of each of the games full of details beyond the making of the games.

So now I'm looking forward to get and complete the remainder games of this saga that I haven't played yet.

And this amazing piece of art is also inexpensive so there is no excuses to not get one.
on June 11, 2013
I've been a fan of Zelda since I was child... I went through all the stages, from getting The Legend of Zelda for NES and getting used to holding in reset before hitting the power to shut off, getting Zelda 2 and being disappointed (though I appreciate it now as an adult), waiting *forever* for A Link to the Past to come out, and well, you get the idea. This book does a good job in covering the history of Zelda. It also does a pretty good job at explaining the history and sequence of the game stories (what happened when and where, and in which time line), which I found fascinating. I think all true fans have there own view of how it all happened, and I can say this one jives nicely with my own. There are sections on each of the characters, and colorful pictures, and all other kinds of good things that warmed the cockles of my heart. The manga at the back of the book was pretty cool too, but I consider it a bonus. I would have bought the book regardless.

Now why did I buy 5? I bought one for myself (a deskcopy), one to keep wrapped up, and three as graduation gifts....they were all received well.

It's worth the price for a *true* Zelda fan. For someone that never played the originals and is more of a modern day Zelda fan, you will also enjoy it, and it might just inspire you to go back and play the originals.

Not sure if you're like me, then here: Top 3 Favorite Zeldas (in order, with 2 and 3 being *very* close, and 1 probably on the top due to nostalgia)
1. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
2. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
3. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
on February 1, 2013
The first Zelda game I ever played was The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the N64. Zelda made me a gamer. Since then I have bought every Zelda game (except Seasons/Ages). I even have the limited edition Collector's edition Zelda for GameCube and plan to buy Zelda Wind Waker Wii U.

Now let's talk about the book. Since most people have given lengthy reviews, my review will be short. I must say the artwork is beautiful and I love teaching the history of Zelda to my girlfriend. If I could teach a class on Zelda, this would be the textbook. Why can't Zelda History 101 be a class? lol

I also liked reading about the connections between each game and I really loved the comic book at the very back of the book. Reading right to left was very interesting. The one thing Didn't like was that the comic started off in color and then changed to black and white. Why? The comic really added more background to the series which was nice.

Best of all I liked looking at concept drawings that didn't make the games. For example, I loved the Tingle train, boat train, and fairy train that never made Spirt Tracks. And I really loved seeing concept art of islands that never made it into The Wind Waker. There is one cool island that never made it into the game. Something cool happened every time you revisit it, but I won't spoil it. Go read the book.

Most of all it was nice to finally see a timeline. Now every Zelda fan must ponder where the next Zelda Wii U and 3DS titles will fit into the timeline.Will it continue on one of the branches? Will it be like DC comics Superman and have an Earth 2 (Hyrule 2)? Will we ever know? I'm 100% happy with my purchase.
on February 6, 2013
This book is very cool.. It reveals a lot of previously unknown information and very extensive concept art.. There's even a Skyward Sword manga in the back! If your a fan oh LOZ you have to get this book.. It's worth a whole of a hell lot more than there selling it for..
on February 28, 2016
As a long time fan of the manga-ka duo known as Akira Himekawa (姫川・明), I mostly bought this to make sure my collection of LoZ manga was complete, as there is a section of Skyward Sword manga in the back of this that is available nowhere else. The book is huge and has a lovely texture and a nice crispness to the pages. I was hoping for more design notes on my favorite LoZ games--Twilight Princess, Majora's Mask, and Ocarina of Time--but the vast majority of the book is dedicated to Skyward Sword art and trivia. I found Skyward Sword to be a very underwhelming game, personally, although it has its moments.

The book is marketed toward die-hard fans, and die-hard fans are the ones who are gonna snap it up, like I did. If you're on the fence about it, make sure that you know what you're getting first, because it is pretty expensive, after all...
on February 26, 2013
I am a huge Zelda fan and a veteran when it comes to the games. I was just browsing around amazon when this popped up. Didn't hesitate for a second and clicked the "buy" button. Actually didn't realize how twisted the history was for Hyrule but the book outlines it really well for you.

If you are a Zelda fanatic, you need to add this to your collection. The book itself is just pretty to look at.

Received it a week before expected, which is always nice.

Highly suggest buying this item.
on May 23, 2013
loves this book. Carries it around like the holy grail, shows it to her friends, doesn't let her little sister touch it til she's washed her hands. The book is beautiful, great illustrations and gorgeous binding.
on July 28, 2013
Hyrule Historia is compilation of artworks, sketches, story boards and more works from the Zelda games.The book content begins with some words from Shigeru Miyamoto, followed by a collection of art works and sketches from the Skyward Sword, the most recent installment of the series.The next section is a chronology of the series story, starting with a view of the series timeline, followed by a game by game story overview.Afterwards the book continues with more artworks from all the games, including main characters, monsters and scenarios.Next is technical run of all the games, console, releases date and so on.Finally it contains a message from Eiji Aonuma, who has been working in the series since Ocarina of Time, and as a bonus the last pages contain part of the Skyward sword manga, fully translated of course.The book is printed in the highest quality there is, the cover is awesome and it is a really collection item.It's really hard to describe the book in all it's glory but i can assure you, it's really a must have for any fan of the series, and even if you are some what new to the series, this is the perfect way to start.
If you are considering to get, just go for it and i guaranty that you won't regret it!
on September 29, 2015
Didn't see my son for a couple days when this came. Just kidding, I saw him. I even fed him. I made him go outside periodically. He looked through/read the entire book in just a couple days. Now he keeps looking at it for reference or to learn about one specific part of zelda-lore. He tried to take it to school. I tried to stop him. He won. I realized that he may let his friends look at it but he'll probably have to be holding it while they "look with their eyes." It is a bit heavy to be lugging around in a backpack, especially one that's got about 4 other books on any given day. So he didn't take it again. He bought this with his birthday money. I'm sure he'd buy it again. I wish I'd just gotten it for the birthday or Christmas - increased my parent cred by about a thousand times over. Oh well, I'll just be happy with my happy kid. Would recommend for any Legend of Zelda lover, young or old. The book is just cool - it'll look good on your shelf or you could read it.
on August 15, 2015
Excellent source of all things Zelda. The section on Skyward Sword is much larger relative to every other section but it doesn't take away from the content in my experience. Essential for any Zelda fan!