1,703 Reviews
 (1,544)

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect tome for Legend of Zelda fans
This book is almost too awesome for me to put into words. I've long been a fan of the Legend of Zelda. It is not only my personal favorite video game series, but arguably the greatest series in video gaming, period. When this book released in Japan for Zelda's 25 year anniversary, many hoped it would get translated and come to the States. Thankfully, our wish has been...
Published 14 months ago by T. Hill

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool... But underwhelming.
Bought the book as a birthday present for my sister, who is a die hard Zelda fan. The artwork is very nice and there are a few cool pieces of concept art but overall the book is underwhelming. A majority of the book (over half) is dedicated to Skyward Sword, with the other games getting pushed to the margins. The biggest disappointment being that Majora's Mask is...
Published 1 month ago by Zach Sobieszczyk

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5171 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love Zelda, you'll love this Book!, August 20, 2013
This review is from: The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia (Hardcover)
This book contains everything you need to know about Zelda. If you love Zelda then
you will love this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and great but..., August 7, 2013
This review is from: The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia (Hardcover)
I love it because I've always loved The Legend of Zelda series. It is full of beautiful concept art but I did not like the fact that a third of the book is about Skyward Sword, the other third was Hyrule history and the last third was concept art for all the games plus some miscellaneous things abut the video games and a comic book about Skyward Sword. I thought they should of put only concept art and Hyrule History.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, Good Value, July 30, 2013
This review is from: The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia (Hardcover)
This book was very well detailed and has many pictures in it. It finally solved my wondering of how all of the games fit together in the series, as well as some other things. The book is very good quality in terms of the cover and the pages feeling almost like one of my yearbooks from high school. For the amount I paid for it I'm very pleased considering it was
$15 more at Barnes and Noble.

5.0 out of 5 stars Celebrating 25 years of one of the greatest videogame sagas of all time!, July 28, 2013
This review is from: The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia (Hardcover)
Hyrule Historia is compilation of artworks, sketches, story boards and more works from the Zelda games.The book content begins with some words from Shigeru Miyamoto, followed by a collection of art works and sketches from the Skyward Sword, the most recent installment of the series.The next section is a chronology of the series story, starting with a view of the series timeline, followed by a game by game story overview.Afterwards the book continues with more artworks from all the games, including main characters, monsters and scenarios.Next is technical run of all the games, console, releases date and so on.Finally it contains a message from Eiji Aonuma, who has been working in the series since Ocarina of Time, and as a bonus the last pages contain part of the Skyward sword manga, fully translated of course.The book is printed in the highest quality there is, the cover is awesome and it is a really collection item.It's really hard to describe the book in all it's glory but i can assure you, it's really a must have for any fan of the series, and even if you are some what new to the series, this is the perfect way to start.
If you are considering to get, just go for it and i guaranty that you won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars My boyfriend loves the shit out of it, June 22, 2013
This review is from: The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia (Hardcover)
My boyfriend and I have been LoZ fans for as long as we could remember. I bought this for him as a (christmas, graduation, birthday??) present as an alternative for the Japanese limited edition book I couldn't snag for him since they sold out too quick. It's a nice alternative, mind you. Everything went smoothly during the buying/shipping process, so I'm definitely considering that for the next time I buy from them (since I might get my own copy soon!)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Legend of Zelda Hyrule Historia, June 11, 2013
This review is from: The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia (Hardcover)
This book is for fans! i recommend to acquire the book! It's really heavy. It's like a Zelda Bible, has almost everything you need to know about the series. What i don't like is that they missed to include a lot of artwork and the blueprints/character sheets, that are common in 3D. But overall, this is like having a treasure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dayne, June 11, 2013
This review is from: The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia (Hardcover)
Everyone Zelda fan or not go buy this right now it's incredible!!!! The art work is out of this world and explains a lot for the people that need to link the games together in a timeline

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought 5 of these... I'll probably stop there., June 11, 2013
This review is from: The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia (Hardcover)
I've been a fan of Zelda since I was child... I went through all the stages, from getting The Legend of Zelda for NES and getting used to holding in reset before hitting the power to shut off, getting Zelda 2 and being disappointed (though I appreciate it now as an adult), waiting *forever* for A Link to the Past to come out, and well, you get the idea. This book does a good job in covering the history of Zelda. It also does a pretty good job at explaining the history and sequence of the game stories (what happened when and where, and in which time line), which I found fascinating. I think all true fans have there own view of how it all happened, and I can say this one jives nicely with my own. There are sections on each of the characters, and colorful pictures, and all other kinds of good things that warmed the cockles of my heart. The manga at the back of the book was pretty cool too, but I consider it a bonus. I would have bought the book regardless.

Now why did I buy 5? I bought one for myself (a deskcopy), one to keep wrapped up, and three as graduation gifts....they were all received well.

It's worth the price for a *true* Zelda fan. For someone that never played the originals and is more of a modern day Zelda fan, you will also enjoy it, and it might just inspire you to go back and play the originals.

Not sure if you're like me, then here: Top 3 Favorite Zeldas (in order, with 2 and 3 being *very* close, and 1 probably on the top due to nostalgia)
1. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
2. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
3. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for ANY Zelda fan!!!, June 11, 2013
This review is from: The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia (Hardcover)
This is a defiant must have for any Legend of Zelda fans out there. I'm still studying the book like a mad man and am still finding thing things I missed the 1st and 2nd time around!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Good Book for Zelda's lovers, June 11, 2013
This review is from: The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia (Hardcover)
First I surprise when I receive the package and found the size of this titan, then I read it and love it, thank you Dark Horse for bring this amazing work in plain english, I don't learn moon runes language yet . (Japanese language)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5171 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa360ab4c)

The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia
The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia by Akira Himekawa (Hardcover - January 29, 2013)
$34.99 $19.76