Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 8, 2012
I am an avid Zelda fan and this book just appalled me. So many mistakes both grammatical as well as content wise. Its as if the editor just fixed some but not all spelling and grammar errors but just thought the author knew what he was speaking about when in many cases it is not true. It ranges from making things plural when there is only one to consistently calling things by their wrong name.

As an old teacher of mine would say in English class "You need to strive for a watermelon seed type story, not a watermelon with many seeds in it", a lots of these stories had so many subjects and jumped around a lot with no apparent connection, one minuet they'er talking about Zelda, then he quoted and talked about ancient philosophers and then returned to list the Zelda games in order of release.

In short this book is nothing much more than the weaker side of the many Zelda forums out their, if you're really interested, the forums are about 12 dollars cheaper.
on July 15, 2012
The book was pretty absorbing. I read the book for hours. Great for Zelda fans of all kinds! Hardcore fans that have been playing for years, or the casual gamers.
on December 10, 2012
I brought this book for my boyfriend since he absolutely loved it when I brought him Zelda and Theology. I haven't read the book myself, but I have skimmed through a few essays in the book and it seems very insightful. You will learn something new everytime you read an essay from this book. My boyfriend will use this book (as well as the theology one) to help him write better essays about video games in grad school. But if you are a simple Zelda fan, then I still think this book is a great buy at a great Amazon price. Zelda fans will both love to learn something new and interesting as well as show off to their other Zelda friends what they've learned just by reading this book.
on February 28, 2013
A huge Zelda fan, He definitely loves this book as far as he has read into it! Just hoping it doesn't take a sudden downhill turn.
on March 29, 2013
Very Informative and zelda like!! Goes into Depth from older games through the new ones! It is a very good read!
on January 14, 2015
Mostly Zelda fan theory information. Little philosophy is actually discussed. Quite disappointing.
on September 1, 2012
I bought this book because of an interest in both the video game series and philosophy; however, I soon realized I might be in over my head. I am a novice in the world of philosophical thought and thinking. I assumed the book would look at the video games and use philosophy to explain the games, but some of the authors do the opposite. Zelda is used to further philosophical concepts.

The book is very readable though. The fact that every chapter is by different authors is refreshing, and serves to interest the read consistently. Even if a particular chapter is boring or difficult to get through, since the chapters are on average 10-15 pages, it is easy to power through (pun very much intended).
on December 22, 2014
made a great gift for Zelda fan who 'had everything'
on February 27, 2012
This might just be one of the stupidest things ever written. Most Zelda FANFICTION is more philosophical than this!
I'll start with the covers.
The sub-title "I Link Therefore I Am" is just a bad pun.
The gold silhouette of a sword on the front should've been the Master Sword, since it's a big part of most of the games, but NO, they decided to put Giant's Knife there instead! (The Giant's Knife is from Ocarina of Time, and is twice as powerful as the Master Sword. However, it breaks easily, so there's a side-quest to obtain the unbreakable Biggoron Sword.)
The back cover has a hideous drawing of Link as he appears in Twilight Princess.
On page 233, part of the first paragraph of Chapter 19 just talks about how Adventure of Link features "what might be interpreted as one of the earliest forms of video game prostitution: Link's ability to 'replenish his life' by vanishing into cottages with frocked characters who seem to exist solely to lure him into their, uh, homes."

I seriously wasn't kidding about the fanfiction. Even some of the worst ones are better than this!
on February 27, 2016
Good read, makes you think!