Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 10, 2014
I am a guitar teacher, and one of my students was very interested in playing songs from Zelda. I purchased this book for him, and it has many songs that he likes. Unfortunately, the level of playing required is late intermediate, and so he was disappointed at the complexity of the songs. I have helped him by asking him to play only the highest notes--- in other words, the melody line-- while I play the remaining notes. I teach note-reading in addition to tab and chords, and this book is suitable for all three.
on October 8, 2013
It was clear from reading that Alfred didn't actually write this one. Usually their tab books are borderline at best. This one, on the other hand, is quite good. The other giveaway is the tablature style. This is noted in a system used in Japan. To the average eye, it looks pretty similar, but the sheer technicality of the the format is a dead giveaway. Also clear is that it was clearly worked out on a Classical-style guitar, instead of a more traditional (At least in the states) steel string.
What this means is that some techniques are a bit redundant, some notation is more confusing than need be, and the skill required for some songs is above the difficulty of the song itself. Still, it provides a good start point to tab out version for yourself.
The other nitpick is the lack of songs. I would have left out Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tacks and Twilight Princess. Create a Volume 2 for them, because they are given a single song a piece, and all three feel like after-thoughts. Missing was the shop music from OOT, the overland music from Adventure of Link (And various field pieces) and the biggest ommision, the Ballad of the Wind Fish. Since this was the central piece to Link's Awakening, I was a bit disappointed,
Lastly, I felt a three bar version of all Ocarina Songs from OOT would have taken up no more than a single page two at the most, and solved one of the primary frustrations many guitar players have when selecting Zelda tunes. This is like creating a Super Mario Brothers Tab book, and not including the underground theme.
on June 9, 2012
I bought this, along with the piano book. This book has a lot of the more recognizable songs from the series, and they are fun to play. Many of them are challenging for me, but I am not an expert musician by any means. It gives me a reason to practice and learn.

Some pros:
Good song list.
Pages are high quality paper.
Most songs sound very accurate.

Some cons:
The binding is very cheap. It started losing pages after a few days of use. Find a place to get it spiral bound.
Not all songs are exactly right.
Key signatures: I bought the piano version also, so my wife and I could play together. For most of the songs, we'll have to transpose.

Overall, I enjoy this book, and would buy it again.
on December 2, 2015
I got the book to learn on my guitar and some of the keys seemed off. Or it played better in a different key, other than that it was a great learning book and really fun to play! It has a good mix of songs from a lot of the games, the popular ones but also a few of the traditional melodies which make it all the more worth while to be jamming out on guitar. I was able to transcribe the tabs and notes to be played on mandolin as well, it took a bit but it was worth it!
on August 21, 2013
My son has been taking lessons for a couple of years, he is 11, and some of the songs are do-able. He takes it with him to lessons and his teacher helps him pick out what to work on. So this is not for the beginner, as it might frustrate, but with a little experience fun!
on June 19, 2014
This is a must buy for any player of guitar and the Zelda series.
The selection is great, the songs spectacular, and very good for rookie players and long-timers alike.
I was impressed by the tablature, and the chords are right on.
It also includes the original key for each song, so one could adjust the strings to the exact sound.
on June 19, 2014
This is a must buy for any player of guitar and the Zelda series.
I was impressed by the tablature, and the chords are right on.
on March 31, 2014
I have had many requests from guitar students for some Zelda songs - which I knew nothing about. This book is easy to read, guitar tab and written music. A great teaching tool!
on July 25, 2014
The tabs in this book are included alongside the sheet music, just underneath. The quality of the book is very nice, and it has a lot of songs! A LOT! From fan favorites like the Main/Overworld themes for a lot of games, as well as random good ones like Midna's Lament and Molgera.

I wish there were directions about how to read the tabs, though perhaps I am asking too much.
on January 2, 2014
Bought this for my Guitar Playing Brother for Christmas. BIG HIT! Contains all of the music you'd expect for the Zelda Series and then some!