5.0 out of 5 stars a must have for any zelda fan
...if you (or someone you know) play piano, of course.

Published on February 17, 2012 by M&B

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun arrangements, not enough O.G. Zelda
These Alfred NES books are really neat, what person from my generation that grew up in the 80's
didn't listen to these tunes a million times? My gripe is that, although fairly well arranged and
engraved, the publishers didn't include such classic music as the Underworld theme from "The Legend of Zelda",
or the "Continue/Game Over" music (which if I...
Published on June 29, 2012 by Timechimp

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars a must have for any zelda fan, February 17, 2012
This review is from: The Legend of Zelda Series for Piano: Piano Solos (Sheet music)
...if you (or someone you know) play piano, of course.

this is a fantastic sampling of music from the zelda series; midna's lament is an especially beautiful piano piece. i do wish that it included songs from skyward sword, but i can't complain. also, most of the arrangements are very advanced. they will definitely take some time to practice. as long as you know the basic gist of the songs, you can always simplify them for your own skill level.

my only gripe (worth less than half a star) is that the book is bound in such a way that makes it impossible to lay open without something holding the pages back. or risk ruining it with ugly creases! we also have the super mario for piano and for guitar and all of them have this problem. it would have been better spiral bound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Challenging but fun with something for everyone, June 18, 2012
This book contains the songs from many games in Zelda's series,
Some of the songs are hard and some are played with super ease,
This book took me back and awakened the magic
That were in Zelda's songs both the happy and tragic,
I recommend this songbook for those willing to learn it,
Just know that some songs really do make you earn it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun arrangements, not enough O.G. Zelda, June 29, 2012
or the "Continue/Game Over" music (which if I remember was revisited when you defeated the game. I enjoyed
playing through some of the more recent Zelda themes ( Ocarina of Time, ect..), but c'mon NES don't be
so stingy on the original CLASSIC Zelda. Quite a few of these arrangements have been written out in
cut time for no ostensible purpose other than to "simplify" sight reading, which kind of bugs me. Difficulty
is immense if you plan to take the pieces at the recommended tempos. I've used these for teaching and
my students love them. Let's hope there is a second edition with more stuff from "The Legend of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link", and a folio of METROID or KID ICARUS tunes!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, August 5, 2012
I bought this for my niece. I think the biggest thing is this would have been better with spiral binding or something that would stay open more easily.

Besides that it has a fairly good selection of music. A lot of it is still too complicated for her (she's 8) but hopefully she'll be able to play more soon.

I'm really glad about the music choices for the classic games.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for any Zelda fan, February 21, 2012
I got this book for my brother's birthday and he enjoys it very much! The arrangements sound nice on piano. My only complaint is that there weren't enough Zelda songs in the book. It also doesn't contain songs from Skyward Sword (expected since the game is still new but still, it's a bummer). But hey, hey, what can I say? 30 something songs should suffice and the music is amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Zelda fun!, July 2, 2014
Used this book as an incentive reward! It worked. Lots of fun for the advanced student

3.0 out of 5 stars for advanced players only, June 4, 2014
Mike B. (Columbus, OH) - See all my reviews
The songs on here are super tough. I have been taking lessons for about a year, and song of storms is about the only song I can even sight read through. This is for a high level intermediate to advanced player to fully enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, May 30, 2014
Awesome collection of Zelda songs. I love them all- especially the ones from Ocarina of Time. The book presents a challenge too so helps me stay driven with re-learning the piano. I recommend to anyone who loves Zelda and music!

5.0 out of 5 stars All my favorites, May 24, 2014
Joshua2112 (Washington, USA) - See all my reviews
This zelda songbook has all my favorite songs at an easy enough level that I can learn to play them. Some are a little more difficult, but you still feel really cool whenever you play a song, even if it is one of the easier ones. Often my wife will curl up on the couch and listen to me play songs from this book for hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars All my favorites, May 10, 2014
This book is incredible, all my favorite Zelda songs are in there. As a fan of the Zelda series I can't wait to play them all.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Legend of Zelda Series for Piano: Piano Solos
The Legend of Zelda Series for Piano: Piano Solos by Koji Kondo (Sheet music - December 1, 2011)
$19.99 $15.81