on March 3, 2014
Oh. My. Goodness
I've been playing video games all of my life, ever since 2000, but I just recently, and by that I mean since October 2013, got into the Zelda franchise. I've heard so many things from so many people about how awesome the games are, which left me curious.
So first, I played Wind Waker, which I thought was a really great game, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, it had it's share of problems that kept it from being something truly amazing, but it was still very fun to play overall.
Next, there was Twilight Princess, a game that was just ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE, and I LOVE IT TO DEATH! It did everything right in improving upon what worked for me in Wind Waker, as well as addressing the problems I had.
Then came A Link to the Past, which I think is truly a GEM to behold, an amazing game to play and I can definitely see why so many people absolutely love it. I personally thought it was better than Wind Waker, but still not as great as Twilight Princess.
So there I was, thinking that it couldn't possibly get any better than The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess...And then, I played this game. <3 <3 <3 :')
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, is just... beautiful! Everything from the great looking graphics, great music, incredible gameplay, well designed dungeons, and just the overall adventure & THE ATMOSPHERE of the adventure was just something out of this world! The last time I felt this strongly about a game, was the first time I played Super Mario Galaxy!
So what made this game such a wonderful joy for me, well.
-Outstanding presentation - The graphics look great for Wii standards, the character models also look great, animations look smooth and well designed. The story, while the same as every other usual Zelda gig, which is (Zelda is kidnapped, bad guy want's to destroy everything, go stop and save), is more meaningful this time around, because unlike the other Zelda incarnations, I actually care about this one. And finally, my favorite Link & Zelda incarnations. The principle of Link as a character is to represent the Link between you and the character, and out of the 4 Zelda games I've played, Skyward Sword has done the best job of that. I can relate PERFECTLY to this Link & I feel the same things he feels & go through the same expressions, when Zelda sealed herself in the crystal & Link and deeply saddened, so was I. I actually feel a strong bond & connection with not only Link, but Zelda as well, especially her. Throughout the intro, and hearing/listening to the things she told me, really made me develop a special bond with her, like the character himself does. So as a result, in the main journey, I want to do EVERYTHING in my power to help her. I always have one goal: HELP ZELDA!
-Incredible gameplay-The 3D Zelda formula was already an awesome formula as it was, but I still had just one problem from Wind Waker & Twilight Princess, Link's overall speed. Link WAS NO Sonic the Hedgehog when it comes to speed, he moved like a tank & I constantly found myself rolling all over the place just to pick up the pace. Skyward Sword fixes that! How, a little thing called a dash button! Holding down A will enable Link to pick up the pace & run much faster, making his overall mobility MILES better than what it was before, he can also climb up vines and ladders faster as well be shaking the Wii remote in the corresponding direction. Now that I'm on the topic of the Wii remote, this game requires the Wii+MotionPlus in order play, no MotionPlus=no Skyward Sword, SO GET A MOTIONPLUS! Haha, kidding. But thanks to the MotionPlus, you have much more control of Link's sword then before, as well as all of the other items in his inventory, and his sword strikes are much faster than they were in the last 2 games, making the combat and swordplay overall move much quicker.
Thus, making the one issue I had with the gameplay of the previous 2 3D Zelda games, a thing of the past!
That was the overall pacing, it was too slow for my taste in Wind Waker & Twilight Princess, but thanks to Skyward Sword.. This is Perfect!
What you play a Zelda game for!
Exploring the many levels and dungeons within the game to discover the items and have them aid you on your quest.
I obviously thoroughly enjoyed it very much, as I've stated before in the first 3 games I played before this one.
But there were a few dungeons in the previous game that I didn't take too much of a liking towards, now A Link to the Past didn't have that problem, Wind Waker & even Twilight Princess on the other hand, did.
For Wind Waker, their was the Forbidden Woods & the Air Temple, I thought the aesthetics of those temples were just bleak and uninteresting & they turned me off while I was playing through them, while the other dungeons made up for it. This goes back to one of the reasons why I say Wind Waker was simply just great and not GREAT, like Twilight Princess. But even Twilight Princess had that issue, Lakebed Temple and City in the Sky, 2 dungeons, that I swear just DRAGGED, I spent as much as an hour maybe even longer on those 2 temples each. While I didn't mind it too much, I just kept thinking to myself, "Are we done yet? Are we done yet? Are we done yet?" I just wanted to move on to the next dungeon by the time I got the boss keys.
Now back to Skyward Sword, those 2 seperate issues I had with those two games, are nowhere to be seen here. Like I said, the graphics look great for the Wii, and there was never a point where I thought the graphics look underwhelming, or that I thought the temples were taking to long. There was never a point in Skyward Sword where I felt the game dragged, that pacing stated consistent and I found a lot of enjoyment out of exploring the dungeons. Now that may have to do with the dungeons being smaller than they were in Twilight Princess, but there's a catch, here, it isn't necessarily so much as the dungeon itself where the fun & challenge lies in previous titles, but there's more emphasis on getting to the that dungeon where the fun is to be had. So it balances out evenly and like I said, the pacing stays consistent!
-Atmosphere, this game just DREW ME IN, from the minute it started, I was always on the edge of my seat, anticipating the next challenge, and what came next. Whether it was seriousness from encountering Ghirahim, or joy in seeing Zelda, horror in watching her soul being swallowed by Demise, or triumph in defeating Demise, saving Zelda, and the world, this game kept me EXTREMELY ENTERTAINED from beginning to end. And I think that the ending of Skyward Sword, where Link & Zelda stand on top of the Goddess' statue, where Zelda tells Link that she wants to stay on the surface & asks him what he wants to do, then it screen cuts out where they are seen to be holding hands on the statue and then the camera zooms to the sky as their Loftwings fly away, applying that Link chose to stay with Zelda as the ABSOLUTLY HEART-MELTING music plays in the background...(DEEP BREATH)... This ending, is. without a doubt. the best ending I have ever seen to a video game ever. It absolutely brought me to TEARS! I can not stress enough just how absolutely wonderful, amazing, and smile-enducing this game is!
If you have a Wii, you know all about the Zelda franchise, but have never played Skyward Sword, THAN WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU!! It does EVERYTHING right in improving upon what worked with it's predecessors and fixing the issues from before, as well as distinguishing itself from the rest of the games in the franchise to provide an entirely different experience altogether.
With that said, not only is this the best Zelda game I've played & my favorite Zelda game.
It is my favorite video game I have every played, PERIOD!
Do yourself a favor right now, if you have a Wii, PLAY THIS GAME!
BUY IT OFF AMAZON, GET IT AT GAMESTOP, BORROW A COPY FROM A FRIEND, I DON'T CARE HOW YOU GET IT & PLAY IT! JUST PLAY IT!!!!
So my final score is: (And I'll give the scores of the other Zelda games I've played while I'm at it.
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD - 8.5/10
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 9.5/10
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - 9/10
And the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - A PERFECT TEN OUT OF TEN!!!
This game. Is. Simply... Beautiful! <3 :')
on November 5, 2014
10 reasons why I love The Leyend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
1. History: this title is explained as arising evil and zelda legend behind. All other titles make sense when you understand that zelda and link will always be together to protect the Triforce and prevent evil from taking over her. You'll also find details in this game that are related to future titles and characters of the future.
2. Design and Visual Art: This game is a mix of wind waker and art Rococco. This title provides an immersive and beautiful visual style. With pleasing to the eye and harmonious landscapes designed to delight the senses acclimated for music colors. Of course when it's dark, worlds completely changed and you can enjoy a dark, dark environment.
3. Gameplay: The game is made to make you feel truly like to be a warrior, as all equipment purchased are handled with the wiimote creatively wrapping in the game. The swordplay becomes more real and really feel you are fighting a boss more than just pressing the button A. There are many times when you can open doors, turn locks, outsmart enemies and more.
4. Dungeons without main entrance: In previous games, the entrances to dungeons marked the line of action. The events happened only after passing through a closed door or giant cave, with little or no access to any exterior.Pero in this game, the dungeons are part of the environment and to reach them, you must go through some challenges. Sometimes neither you found out you had already begun to have a dungeon.
5. intellectual Challenges: No other Zelda game has challenged my intellect more than this. The mazes are now harder and really should analyze and solve puzzles. The setting is now part of the challenge and must observe well every corner to find a way forward.
6. Most Difficult Bosses: all enemies and bosses temples, including small creatures, have received military training to spite your existence. 90% of the enemies are defending your attacks and know how to calculate your movements of the sword. Enough of random attacks! Now you should think about your moves and battle strategies for overcoming think
7. Flexible Inventory: In recent Zelda titles as "between worlds" now use inventory is flexible. You can play with the combinations and store in Skyloft things that do not need at the moment. Ou can also decide if you improve the strength of your tools and weapons, the shield now also used as offensive. Even to the potions are more effective if you add two or three beetles recipe!
8. rupees and fairies are more important than ever in previous games you could find in shrines with glittering fairy lights and catch as many bottles as you had. The rupee could reach $ 999 just for greed and you kept without any significant future use. But now in this game and get everything costs money is not easy. Fairies have not yet evolved, because they only fill up to 6 hearts, and only a few were hiding there somewhere and hopefully the truth at the same site. You will see in situations where you will begin to cut grass and be a gardener to find a few rupees. Even you will run before losing a Green Rupee!
9. Animations movie: Every game scene is accompanied by well-drawn animations that will make you think you're in a movie theater. The trap camera angles capture the emotions and moments of drama to provide an unforgettable experience.
10. Original and more human characters: Many of the characters in the game have a special design. Link of course remains as to graphic line dress is concerned, but all other characters including zelda, tercearios characters, among others, have original designs that complement the time. Something that I love is that the people in the game have personality and even routine lives. You can visit them and help them in their day to day where you really relationship problems and characters that actually feel emotions like loneliness, fear, sadness and joy.
No doubt there are even more reasons to buy this game. It is a title that really loved and even though there are two or three details that did not like me, are not so important as to overshadow the greatness of this title.
To better understand the story, I recommend buying "The Leyend of Zelda: History" book. Which celebrates the 25th anniversary of this game, which tells the story of all the games released so far.
10 razones por las que me encanta The Legend of Zelda: Skyward sword.
1. La historia: en este titulo se explica como surge el mal y la leyenda detras de zelda. Todos los demas titulos cobran sentido cuando entiendes porque zelda y link siempre estaran juntos para proteger la triforce y evitar que el mal se apodere de ella. Tambien encontraras detalles en este juego que estan relacionados con futuros titulos y personajes del futuro.
2. Diseño y arte visual: este juego es una mezcla de wind waker y el arte Rococco. Este titulo ofrece un estilo visual envolvente y bello. Con colores agradables a la vista y armoniosos paisajes diseñados para deleitarse los sentidos ambientados por la musica. Por supuesto cuando de oscuridad se trata, los mundos cambian totalmente y se puede disfrutar de un ambiente tenebroso y oscuro.
3. Gameplay: El juego esta hecho para que te sientas verdaderamente como es ser un guerrero, pues todos los equipos adquiridos son manejados con el wiimote de forma creativa que envuelve en el juego. El manejo de la espada se vuelve mas real y sientes realmente que estas peleando con un boss mas que solo presionar el boton A. Existen muchas ocasiones en las que puedes abrir puertas, activar cerraduras, burlar a los enemigos y mucho mas.
4. Dungeons sin entrada principal: en juegos anteriores, las entradas a los dungeons marcaba la linea de la accion. Los eventos solo ocurrian luego de pasar por una gran puerta o cueva gigante cerrada y con poco o sin ningun acceso al exterior.Pero en este juego, los dungeons son parte del ambiente y, para llegar a ellos, deberas atravesar algunos desafios. Aveces ni te enteraras que ya habias empezado a pasar un dungeon.
5. Desafios intelectuales: Ningun otro juego de zelda ha retado mas mi intelecto que este. Los mazes ahora son mas dificiles y realmente debes analizar como resolver los puzzles. El entorno ahora es parte del desafio y debes observar bien cada esquina para encontrar la forma de avanzar.
6. Bosses mas Dificiles: todos los enemigos y jefes de templos, incluyendo creaturas pequeñas, han recibido entrenamiento militar para fastidiar tu existencia. El 90% de los enemigos tienen defensa de tus ataques y saben calcular tus movimientos de la espada. Basta ya de ataques al azar! ahora debes pensar en tus movimientos de batalla y pensar en estrategias para vencer
7. Inventario Flexible: En los ultimos titulos de zelda como "between worlds" ahora el uso de inventario es flexible. Puedes jugar con las combinaciones y guardar en skyloft las cosas que no necesitas en el momento. Tambien uedes decidir si mejorar la fuerza de tus herramientas y armas, el escudo ahora tambien se utiliza como ofensiva. Incluso hasta las pociones son mas efectivas si añades dos o tres escarabajos a la receta!
8. Rupias y hadas son mas importantes que nunca: en juegos anteriores podias encontrar hadas en shrines con luces brillantes y atrapar tantas como frascos tuvieras. Las rupias podrian llegar a $999 solo por avaricia y las guardabas sin ningun uso futuro de importancia. Pero ahora en este juego todo cuesta y conseguir dinero no es facil. Las hadas aun no han evolucionado, pues solo llenan hasta 6 corazones, y apenas hay pocas escondias en alguna parte y con suerte las veras en el mismo sitio. Te veras en situaciones donde empezaras a cortar yerba y ser jardinero para encontrar unas cuantas rupias. Incluso correras antes de perder una rupia verde!
9. Animaciones de pelicula: Cada escena del juego es acompañada por animaciones bien elaboradas que te haran pensar que estas en una sala de cine. Los angulos de camara atrapan emociones y captan los momentos de drama para brindar una experiencia inolvidable.
10. Personajes originales y mas humanos: Muchos de los personajes en el juego tienen un diseno especial. Link por supuesto mantiene su linea grafica en cuanto a vestimenta se refiere, pero todos los demas personajes incluyendo zelda, personajes tercearios, entre otros, tienen diseños originales que complementan la epoca. Algo que me encanto es que los habitantes de todo el juego tienen personalidad e incluso vidas con rutina. Puedes visitarlos y ayudarlos en su dia a dia, donde veras problemas de pareja y personajes que realmente sienten emociones como soledad, miedo, tristeza y alegria. Sin duda alguna aun hay mas razones para comprar este juego.
Es un titulo que realmente me encanto y, a pesar de que hay dos o tres detalles que no me gustaron, no son tan importantes como para opacar la grandeza de este titulo. Para entender mejor la historia, recomiendo comprar "The Leyend of Zelda: Historia" book. El cual celebra el 25 aniversario de este juego, el cual narra la historia de todos de juegos lanzados hasta el momento.