5.0 out of 5 stars The Legendary Starfy
At first glance, the game seems to similar to Kirby (cute creature with cute kirby-esque noises. I have a feeling it's the same voice actor). Anyway I actually found the game to be VERY similar to Super Princess Peach (also on the Nintendo DS).

GAMEPLAY
Published on June 9, 2009 by D. Swanson

3.0 out of 5 stars Charm only goes so far
Its a charming, stylized, and touching game, but its probably the easiest game I've ever played. It was a breeze for me to 100% the game in about 2-3 days and I honestly can't imagine a child taking much longer than that. If you can find it cheap go for it, but I wouldn't throw more than 5$ into this investment.
Published 20 months ago by Radical Larry

5.0 out of 5 stars The Legendary Starfy, June 9, 2009

GAMEPLAY
The gameplay is comprised of platforming mainly by swimming...(I guess because Starfy is a starfish..yet he's from a kingdom in the sky called Pufftop). In addition to swimming there are levels without water and some with a combination of both. Starfys main move is the star spin (press Y) and for 96 percent of all enemies you can defeat them with one hit. (The star spin can be upgraded). Starfy can also jump, glide/float, dash, double jump, slide and team up with the mysterious Bunston to form essentially a new character together (this also reminds me of Super Princess Peach's emotions but you cannot access Bunstons powers whenever you want like you can with Peach's emotions). This game is similar to Super Princess Peach in that Starfy is a "floaty" character which makes it easy to recover if you accidently misjudge a jump. Even If you do miss a jump, I find that there are not very many pitfalls that can kill you. The game is controlled by the d-pad and the bottom touch screen has four options: a mermaid who can gives you hints, a clam that's eyes sparkle when theres treasure in the room or alerts if there is a secret doorway to find a secret area, a screen which displays Bunstons abilities, and one of a lobster that tells you how long you have been playing. (In my opinion the most informative is the screen with the clam on it). I also found that you rarely die due to the fact that you have about 4 hearts and they can easily be replenished by the circular star coins dispersed throughout the game.(you can also increase heart power later on). You can save the game whenever you find a mermaid shell, or if you must you can "suspend save" which causes you to turn off your ds, but leaves you in the exact spot you finished with in the game. The levels itself were different and did not make me think I was simply playing a game I had before with another character. (There are enough differences in this game when compared to Super Princess Peach to keep it fresh).

STORY
There is a cute story attached to the game. I found the story to be of a good length, it's not long like an Rpg, but it tells some innocent jokes (that not all will find funny, but I did). The story set up similar to a comic book.

ADDITIONAL FEATURES
There are many secret areas to be found as well as treasure chests. (for the most part the treasure chest Items are really boring ex: you find notes by other characters or outfits for Starfy to try on). There are also minigames that can be unlocked.

OVERALL
The game is great for newcomers to gaming as well as those that love 2-d mario-like platforming. Even though the game isn't that challenging I really enjoyed this game and think it has great replay value. If they made a sequel I would buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Three words: adorable, easy, and fun, August 11, 2009
Jenn (Arizona, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Legendary Starfy (Video Game)
This game is adorable, easy, and fun. All of the special moves are clearly explained, and when you learn a new move, the game even pauses to explain it and give you a minute to take in the information before using it. I find that feature really nice. Everything is straight-forward- after all, it is an all-ages game. It's a good game for people who are just getting into the Mario-style games. I found it even easier than Super Princess Peach.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DS Game, September 11, 2009
M. Lively (Colleyville, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Legendary Starfy (Video Game)
Both my son (9) and my daughter (7) love playing this game. Lots of action for my son and lots of cute characters for my daughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Legendary Starfy ds game, September 13, 2009
This review is from: The Legendary Starfy (Video Game)
I purchased this ds game for my 7 year old grandson and he loves it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and fun for people that don't know much about games! :), February 24, 2010
This review is from: The Legendary Starfy (Video Game)
I am not very good at video games, but so far have absolutely enjoy this game. for me it is pretty challenging, even though for others it might be too easy. What I like about this game is that you can recover your lives quickly and get to pick up from where you left off if you happen to die. This is very cool for someone like me. I recommend it!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars FUN! FUN! FUN!, October 11, 2009
This review is from: The Legendary Starfy (Video Game)
Game was a lot of fun- both my 10 year old and 7 year old are enjoying it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun, refreshing new character, September 8, 2009
dysLexieK "Deb" (Fredericktown, Pa USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Legendary Starfy (Video Game)
I got this game the day it came out and I'm not at all disappointed. I put it in the same category as Kirby and Super Princess Peach. The graphics are great and even tho the game play is "similar" to Princess Peach, I find Starfy to be a refreshing new character to my collection of Mario, Donkey Kong and Yoshi based games. It's easy enuff for my 8 yr. old granddaughter to play but yet I feel it's challenging enuff, in a fun way, for adult play. I would recommend this game to anyone who likes these type of games. You go thru different levels and worlds collecting coins, treasure chests and so on, just as you do in Kirby. Starfy has different abilities as you do in Princess Peach. All in all, it's a great game and I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun in one cute little starfish., June 30, 2009
L. Perry (Nashville, TN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Legendary Starfy (Video Game)
I was torn between buying The Legendary Starfy and Kirby Super Star Ultra for my nintendo ds. I ended up buying Starfy, mainly because Kirby was sort of been there, done that. Even though the 2 are supposed to be similar, I found Starfy very original and entertaining. First of all, can I just say how absolutely adorable the characters are? Especially Starfy and Starly (his sister). I know most of you hardcore gamers out there could care less about the cuteness factor, but I found the graphics, sound effects, etc. to be very enjoyable. I have another warning for hardcore gamers: it's not a challenging game, for the most part. It has it's moments, but overall I would say it was pretty easy to beat. However, dialogue and interaction between the characters often took place during and in between levels, which helped bring along the story and lengthen the game itself.

Starfy is definitely not lacking in things to do. There are mini games galore...and you can even play with Starly (assuming you know someone else with the game). There are many levels to unlock and extra things to try to do in each level. Overall, it's very entertaining and will bring hours of enjoyment!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Solid Platformer, January 25, 2010
This review is from: The Legendary Starfy (Video Game)
I bought this game for my 8-year old sister. She's having a blast with it, and honestly, I think that I'd enjoy playing through the game as well. From what I've played, the controls are solid, and the visuals are vibrant and pleasing. Seems like a solid platformer to me.

4.0 out of 5 stars 5 and 6 year olds go nuts, September 13, 2009
This review is from: The Legendary Starfy (Video Game)
Can't keep my son off of the game. Loves to play, loves to compete with friends using the download feature -- highly recommended.

The Legendary Starfy
The Legendary Starfy by Solutions 2 Go (Nintendo DS)
$29.99 $8.01