Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Lemon Book - Natural Recipes and Preparations
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on April 8, 2013
Unless you are willing to convert all the recipes from grams, etc., you will be disappointed. I may take the extra time someday but certainly not a 'pick up and try it' book for the metric challenged non-chef. Lovely ideas though.
on April 18, 2013
I use lemons a lot as I love that citrus scent and that tangy taste. Plus I use the squeezed up halves for removing stains in laundry and for cleaning sinks and windows.
This book expands greatly on what and how I have normally known and used this fruit .
It's a fairly short book but the content and amount of information it contains is more than just the number of its pages.
It starts out with a breakdown of what its history is, what the actual lemon is made of; how it's cultivated and its component parts.
It then continues with the benefits , health wise, you can glean from using and consuming it. From there, we go to household use, cosmetic concerns, recipes for savoury and sweet stuff, making liquiers, jams, jellies, cookies, desserts and drinks and lots of other things I would not have thought of at all. (There are recipes for making your own limoncello,too. Isn't that great!)
Its a fantastic source of information, a definite keeper and expands my repertoire of lemon canning and preserving.
It's especially good right now as Meyer and regular lemons seems to be flooding the market and I love 'putting away' stuff for future use. This book allows me to go beyond the usual marmalades, pickled lemons and lemon curd that I normally make.
on February 19, 2013
But believe it or not, it really does have some interesting tidbits.

I like the history background, the household and cosmetic uses, and the benefits of the lemon that the writer included in this book.

However, the recipes were just so-so for me. They didn't really inspire me (although I admit that I'm not real domestic). Besides, in order to try them, I'd have to 'get with the times' and translate their ingredients from ml, g, and kg, etc. to ounces and cups....
on March 11, 2013
I really enjoyed ready this book, I am a use lemons for a lot of things, but this book has given me even more ideas and uses. I enjoyed reading about the history of lemons, and the little bit of information on the different varieties of lemons.

I never wold have though to put half a lemon in the drum of my washing machine or even in the dishwasher, what great ideas, I am definitely going to give it a try.

The book covered such a large variety of topics including, natural beauty and even had a number of interesting tasty looking recipes. I also liked the fact that the recipes had pictures, something that I don't see often in a lot of kindle books. The Vegan Lemon mousse looks delicious.

I highly recommend this book, it has such a broad appeal and already being a fan of the humble lemon, I now have a large number of new ideas.

Simple Homemade Natural Beauty Recipes: Skin & Hair Care Tips & Remedies Plus More...
on February 14, 2015
This is a wonderful little source of information. History, varieties and explanations between essence, oils, zest, juice, etc. Great recipes from meals, desserts to refreshments. The book contains a detailed diet and liver detox suggestion. It also has simple natural beauty advice. This kindle book was quick to read. It was organized and clearly explains the simple uses that anyone can try with lemons.
on May 8, 2015
I love this book. So much valuable information about the obviously versatile lemon. Recipes look great and there are a few in the book that are for vegans as well, such as Vegan Lemon Mousse and Vegan Lemon Buscuits.

Lots of health and beauty oriented applications and recipes as well.

Something to maybe know about the book is that there are a couple/few weird ways of writing or giving measurements for a recipe. It appears the author is French and I live in the US, therefore the differences. For example: "2 soup-spoonfuls of lemon juice". I had to look at that a few times to understand it. But that isy only negative comment...actually it's more of an observation.
on June 28, 2013
Who knew that the marvelous lemon could do so much! There is a lot to this amazing fruit, no need to complain when life gives you lemons...you should rejoice! One tip not included...Fresh squeezed lemon applied to a burn will prevent a blister. I was taught when learning to solder stained glass to keep a cut lemon on hand for those burns that are bound to happen from an out of bounds flow of solder.
on January 5, 2013
I love all the history, nutrition and health info, and recipes for beauty aides, cleaning concoctions, and delicious pastas and dressings! I do wish there had been more specific measurements in some of the recipes.
on March 20, 2013
I originally bought this book to know how to make lemonade. I did and a host of other things too, from cleaning to medical properties. Lemons will be on my grocery list a lot more. A great reference book.
on June 24, 2013
This book had great tips on how to deal with everyday situations by using lemons. I love all the history, nutrition and health info, and recipes for beauty aids, cleaning concoctions, and delicious pastas and dressings. I found this book to be very handy to have around.