Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Leptin Boost Diet: Unleash Your Fat-Controlling Hormones for Maximum Weight Loss
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on August 16, 2008
The Leptin Boost Diet is the best eating plan I have ever followed. I have struggled with my weight all my life. Several weeks ago, I had the opportunity to follow this plan. I lost 13 pounds the first week. For the first time in my life on an eating plan, I am not craving sweets or anything else. I am satisfied and know if I want to eat then I can. I select healthy foods and get to enjoy a variety of things to eat. I have been on all these eating plans that make me feel as though there is nothing to eat or food doesn't get to taste good. The Leptin Boost Diet incorporates a variety of foods and doesn't leave you craving. I have been in the obese category my whole life. I am pre-diabetic and when I follow this plan my blood sugar drops out of this category. I do need to watch my portions on fruit, but; I get to enjoy fruit again and significant amounts of it. For the first time in along time, I have hope. I can lose weight and enjoy food again. This plan isn't an extreme crazy concept someone decided to write about. On the contrary, the plan is balanced and incorporates healthy foods that every doctor and nutritionist recommends eating. I have had acne since seventh grade and use many products to help manage it. Since following this plan, my skin has never been so clear, and my skin looks ten years younger. I am a thirty eight year old mom of four. I haven't been on the plan for a long time but I want to see where this can take me. I no longer feel that I need to get a gastric bypass dealing with the negative affects of it, or possibly losing my life. My mood even changed. I didn't notice at first but I went off the plan for four days. I thought that time of month was coming because I was so emotinal. I went back on the plan and noticed my mood changed drastically. I didn't have that time of month my hormones were out of wack. I wasn't eating right. I have had a hard time with water retention that at times is uncomfortable. Following the plan has taken the excess water out of me. I no longer suffer with swelling and the stiffness that comes with it. The people who wrote the other reviews don't even sound like the followed The Leptin Boost Diet. Everyone has the right to their opinion, but don't knock something you haven't tried. The Leptin Boost Diet works! I am one who followed it! I look forward to the time to reshape my body for the first time. I lost 3 3/4" off my waist and 3 3/4" off my stomach all in one week. What a great book!
on June 13, 2008
I bought this book along with two other books, The Fat Resistance Diet by Leo Galland and The Leptin Diet by Byron Richards. After studying all three I would ONLY recommend The Leptin Diet by Richards. I give Dr. Isaacs one star simply for the fact that he brought this topic to press, but DO NOT READ/BUY THIS BOOK if you want accurate information about leptin. Leptin is a hormone discovered in 1996 and it controls all other hormones in the human body. This is a huge discovery because it told scientists why we are such an overweight culture...our hormones, which regulate appetite and energy, are out of whack. In order to maximize metabolism, end cravings and reprogram body chemistry, as Dr. Isaacs has printed on his cover, we have to stop snacking and allow the body enough time between meals to do what it is designed to do. Dr Isaacs doesn't get that and it is basic science that he is ignoring. Everything he has written in this book is useless because he recommends snacking. He even chastises another author for recommending no snacking. That author is Byron Richards. He is a Clinical Nutritionist and has written two books titled Mastering Leptin and The Leptin Diet. They are the only books on leptin that will give you the truth and the sound scientific information to use in order to reverse the effects of the 6-small-meals-a-day myth that has lead us to being a society of overweight diabetics. For the body to do what it is designed to do, it needs 5-6 hours in between meals to complete the digestion and calorie usage cycle. When that cycle is interrupted by snacking, the body can not burn energy and spends time trying to digest the constant supply of food we have been told to eat. This is very hard on the body and is the reason the body stores calories as fat--it never gets a chance to use the calories eaten because more food keeps coming. The eating of snacks is not natural. The snack food industry does not want us to know this because they would be out of business if we stopped eating their unhealthy products. The only way to kick start your metabolism and improve leptin function is to eat 3 meals a day, do not snack, and do not eat after dinner. I never thought it would be possible for me to do this and rejected it right away. Byron Richards' book helped me to see that it was possible and easy.

I have made great strides with my health by following Byron Richards 5 Rules of eating for leptin balance. I didn't think I could ever go 5-6 hours between meals because the common myth of eating every 3 hours, perpetuated by the media over the past 2 decades, was completely engrained in me. After 2 days I was going 5 hours between meals and felt completely satisfied as far as hunger. I have no more insomnia after 35 years of poor sleep. I no longer crave sweets (a huge change, because this was a way of life for me--it was my drug of choice), have thrown away my artificial sweetener (yuk), and miraculously prefer coffee only with cream. Fluid retention and bloating are gone, my weight is stable, I no longer need a nap in the afternoon, my energy is back (sometimes I have so much I don't quite know what to do with myself!), no more indigestion or heartburn, I can read in the car without getting sick, and I wake up in the morning before my early-riser husband, which I NEVER would have thought possible.

Ten years from now I predict more people will be eating to maximize leptin function. There is a lot of denial in the medical community that this is proper nutrition. Pharmaceutical companies are trying to make money from this discovery by manufacturing pills for us to take--no pills are necessary, only good food at the right times of day.
1010 comments|191 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2013
This book has some superb information in it and I highly recommend it to anyone who has had difficulty losing weight, or is battling with insulin resistance (because leptin resistance is sure to be part of that), or any number of other problems related to weight issues. The coverage of the various metabolic hormones -- some you've never heard of before, I'll bet -- is extremely helpful.

What I find less helpful is the diet itself. Isaacs recommends, for example, eating 6 times a day and to never be hungry. Another author on the subject, Byron Richards, whose book I find even more helpful, explains very well, in my opinion, why eating 3 meals a day with no snacking is the right approach. Isaacs also relies heavily on dairy, and more and more people these days have dairy intolerances or allergies. Further, he recommends eating only the egg white instead of the whole egg -- advice I personally consider outmoded, debunked and foolish, but then I hew to the alternative health models more than conventional medicine, which is this author-MD's background. Too, the "diet" part of the book consists of a single week meal plan and a small handful of recipes -- not enough to qualify as a "diet book" for me.

Still, highly relevant, clearly explained, absolutely essential information for anyone with more than a few pounds to lose.
on November 17, 2008
I am a doctor. I treat obesity. Experience is more than 15 years.
This is excellent book. The author writes about the items simply and interestingly.
I received great pleasure and many useful knowledge.
Thanks the author of the book.
on December 17, 2013
Easy to read practical and easy to adapt in your life style. Explains how to manage and avoid the famine reaction. I have lost 30 kg. to date and now don't have long gaps when I don't keep in a gradual reduction 0f at least 500gm. per week.
on July 31, 2014
you got to read this book. it's about fat cell hormone called leptin. i didn'tn know that fat cells had hormone. according to this book leptin is a fat cells that control your eating. it let your brain knows when you should stop eating. when this hormone whacks out, your body starts to gain body fat. you got to read it. you can learn a lot about how to eat and how much to eat. read this book. you'll be surprise about what's going on inside your body. easy reading
on January 1, 2014
Educational, inspirational, easy to follow. I don't have a lot to lose but I was getting down on myself. I realise, after reading this book, that I'm not lazy and unmotivated. I understand the role of key hormones in these thoughts and moods.
I really feel like I've gained control and freedom from myself. I highly recommend this book.
on March 16, 2014
This book is a bunch of science, but never lays out an actual diet or food list. Very disappointedin this book.
on March 4, 2012
The book is quite interesting, as it highlights recent research in endocrinology and shows how many ormones interact with many others. The diet part is not new, so if you are looking for a high protein and low carb diet, this book might be for you.
on May 25, 2014
This is informative and a good start to becoming healthier.
I recommend this to anyone who wants to better understand your bodies workings.