‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I love destroying the lies in my life!!!, January 15, 2006
This review is from: The Lies We Believe (Paperback)
This book has been my number one best 'life changing' book. I'm aware of the lies I believe, tell myself and unknowingly teach others. I wish I would have known about this when I was five. It's important to filter your thoughts, understand your behaviors and destroy the lies you tell yourself daily. Chris clarifies what's a lie and why and then empowers you, through Christ, to make changes and live in freedom. Walking in the truth is powerful...read his sequel to the book called, The Truths We Must Believe. Both are truly 'life changing.'

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for everyone., November 8, 2010
This review is from: The Lies We Believe (Paperback)
Had to read it for class but once I got into it I really enjoyed it. Loved the book and I wanted to buy everybody one for Christmas. Where was this when I needed it? Dr. Thurman if you ever read this review I just wanted to tell you you're the best. A few chapters made me cry, your clients made me laugh and cry and I thought every new chapter was my favorite but I have to tell you Chapter 11 got me good 'You Don't "Have To" Do Anything.' Yes how true, I don't have to do my class work and yes I would fail. Hey, ADD or not I will do my class work and I will graduate because I don't "have to" but I "choose" to do it. THANKS Miryam

5.0 out of 5 stars Small Group Study Material, October 14, 2010
This review is from: The Lies We Believe (Paperback)
We are using Dr Thurman's book as study material for a small group. It confronts the problems that face us all--including practicing Christian--in a no-nonsense manner. Eye-opening exercises help make us aware of the problems that we are creating for ourselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get to the Truth of the Matter, February 4, 2012
This review is from: The Lies We Believe (Paperback)
If you like Albert Ellis and Rational Emotive Therapy, you'll like Thurman's Lies We Believe. It is packed full of stories and examples of Christian versions of the lies we so often tell ourselves. He categorizes these lies into self-lies, worldly lies, marital lies, distortion lies, and religious lies. Merely listing these lies for clients, and enabling them to dispute them themselves, will free them up. Use them for yourself when you start getting discouraged, or slip back into low energy patterns. The book is not a particularly Christian book, giving biblical rebuttal to common lies, but one grounded in common sense. It can be easily used with Christian or non-Christian clients. In fact, the appendix gives both secular and theological rebuttals to each of the lies. It is good for handy reference. Use this book in the same manner as you use Lederer and Jackson's the Mirages of Marriage to break the chains of false myths that precondition people to life.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Lies we believe by Dr. Chris Thurman, January 6, 2009
This review is from: The Lies We Believe (Paperback)
This book was recommended to me and it is very helpful. It has 'homework' to do at the end of the chapters that really lets you see the problem areas. It is interesting to read but it does not go fast because you will probably do some serious thinking between sections.

5.0 out of 5 stars The number one cause of your unhappiness is_________, July 11, 2012
This review is from: The Lies We Believe (Paperback)
This book is for real. It's not just another self-help psychological collection of mumbo-jumbo.It is a book worth reading. It is a book worth contemplating. It is a book that makes sense. You can't change what happens to you or the way everyone in this world treats you; but you can control how you react to it and what lies you choose to believe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Izick, February 8, 2012
This review is from: The Lies We Believe (Paperback)
A very good book! The author breaks down the different lies that we believe (we all believe a number of them). Once you can identify the lies, you can replace it with God's truth. Very good book to follow up The Search for Significance by Robert McGee!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lies We Believe, May 9, 2010
This review is from: The Lies We Believe (Paperback)
The book is wonderful....Dr. Thurman speaks as if we are right there with him....such wisdom and great information....on how the lies we believe and tell ourselves, often even unaware of them ourselves, impact how we "feel" and how we behave...
I highly recommend this book....he has exercises to work after each chapter that are very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, August 22, 2010
This review is from: The Lies We Believe (Paperback)
This book is well written - an easy read. It is very insightful in terms of bringing understanding concerning the thought processes that keep us from reaching our full potential in life. Much of our success in life, the amount of joy we experience and the depth and quality of our relationships is dependent on our ability to cultivate a healthy thought life based on truth. It is filled with practical steps to do just that.I have been experiencing great break throughs in countering distructive thought patterns by implimenting these principles.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book!, March 12, 2014
This review is from: The Lies We Believe (Paperback)
This book is what I was looking for to help me move forward past blocks I had for almost two years. It helped me identify my thought pattern and gave helpful advice to replace those thoughts. I recommend it for people with blocks that they have not known how to overcome!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Lies We Believe
The Lies We Believe by Chris Thurman (Paperback - May 8, 2003)
$14.99 $11.54