5.0 out of 5 stars Don't miss this book!
The Listener is a small book that is easy to read in a short amount of time. But it is a small book with a tremendous impact.

Published on November 25, 2005 by Linda Gilden

3.0 out of 5 stars Not at all what I was expecting
Published on July 2, 2009 by Someone's Mom

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't miss this book!, November 25, 2005

Through the fictionalized story of Sam Bennett and the result of a God-given ability to "listen" to the thoughts of those around him, the reader realizes that although this book is fiction, he should be "listening" to those around him every day. Just as Sam teamed up with his pastor to share Jesus with those whose thoughts alerted him of the need, every opportunity to make a difference in the lives of those around us by sharing our faith should be taken advantage of.

This book will get you excited about telling others about your faith. It will get you excited about going out in public specifically to find someone to talk to. It will get you excited about chatting with your neighbors and finding our how you can help meet their needs.

You will never be the same after you read this book by Terri Blackstock. It will change your life and make you more aware of the needy world we live in.

When you buy your copy you might as well buy two because you are going to want to give one to a friend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing Read, June 4, 2006
This book should be "required" reading for every Christian. Each day our lives cross paths with those who need to know the peace of God. We pass them by, simply because we are not "listening". This book, "The Listener" will help you to see how easy it is to minister the love of God to others, and offer them hope through a personal relationship with His Son, Jesus. You will get "caught-up" in the events that take place as the main character hears the "silent cry of the soul" of those he encounters. You will realize you need no "special gift" to offer hope that comes from knowing God. Your desire to be more tuned to the world of the Holy Spirit will be elevated. This is the most "non-fiction" fiction book I've read. Watch out because it could change your life! A "keeper"!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, June 17, 2006
This book gets to your heart! I couldn't put it down.

It's a great book to share or give as a gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Witness to others!!, May 5, 2006
That is what this book made me want to do. I wanted to drive to the mall and just start talking to people about Christ. The story premise for this book was a great idea. I was challenged and excited. MUST READ for all Christians!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not at all what I was expecting, July 2, 2009
When I picked up this book, I didn't actually realize that it was a fictional narrative. I expected more like a practical, self-help book. The storyline is quite simple and takes place mostly over the course of one day. Sam hears a sermon about 'listening to others' and that night, he has a dream which turns out to be a prophetic vision. God has opened his heart and now he can hear the deepest desires, feelings and yearnings of those around him though they are not expressed verbally. The first scene occurs when he goes to a coffee shop and finds himself responding to what he assumes people are "saying" although in actuality they're not talking. Unfortunately, I had a hard time getting past the way it reminded me of that Mel Gibson movie, "What women want." Nonetheless, it's a moving story of the ways in which we fail to hear and respond to our neighbors and how everyone HAS these deep desires in their hearts which are unspoken.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Listener, December 14, 2005
A Kid's Review
This is abook about a man named Sam who has adream that gives him the power to here what god heres. So through out the book he goes about to different places and heres peoples spiritual needs and tries to fill them. In the end everyone he talks to ends up excepting Christ as thier lord and savior.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, October 2, 2006
I am I huge fan of Terri Blackstock. I have trouble reading but after reading this book, I was hooked on to it. I took 3 days to finish the book and it inspired me a lot. This book gave me a new perspective in terms of my faith in God. Wonderful book, I highly recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, August 20, 2006
I hate to read but this book pulled me in and was tought to put down. I finished it in 2 nights and my normal time for a book is about 6 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, January 11, 2007
It can easily be read in an afternoon, and is very inspiring. I would highly recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely motivational, enjoyable and possibly the most inspiring book I've read!, July 29, 2008
Awesome book, combining a fiction plot with motivational witnessing that we all as Christians were placed on this earth to accomplish! Realistic and inspirational, combined with humor, difficult to put down! Would make an awesome study!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Listener: What if you could hear what God hears?
The Listener: What if you could hear what God hears? by Terri Blackstock (Paperback - November 4, 2008)
$15.99 $13.35