Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

67%
33%

on January 14, 2007
This is an incredible conpendium of *great* Southern writing. The authors and their works are varied, and, unlike other anthologies I've perused, it is not buried under yards of historic (i.e. boring) documents, sermons, and the like. Even the CD is exceptional. I was very disappointed when I learned Norton no longer published this book, however,since I wanted to adopt it for a new class I was developing. I've not found a book I've liked as well since.
on December 18, 2015
Bought this book for a class - I actually really enjoyed reading it! It has a very nice variety of literature and most stories are preceded with a short bio of the author and the context of the provided literature to their lifetime. The only gripe I had with the book is that the pages are very thin (think 'Bible-style paper') so highlighting as I read/studied was impossible. Overall a nice introduction to southern literature.
on December 29, 2015
Southern Literature is a genre I didn't know too much about going into the subject. This book was very useful to my study, although some of the stories include excerpts from novels, and I question some of the choices in excerpts. Overall, this book was enjoyable and I learned a lot about Southern literature from this book.
on October 17, 2013
This has been a very interesting book. The authors of the different selection really are some good writers. Its an awesome book.
on February 3, 2013
My youngest daughter - in college - seems very well pleased with this selection... like the professor gave her a choice, right?
on December 15, 2011
Book was at a good price, in perfect new condition and exactly as I had anticipated. Good deal online with prices better than the college bookstore.