Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Little Christmas Elf (Little Golden Book)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Hardcover|Change

on December 8, 2013
This is an adorable little book! The story is really sweet, about a little elf who doesn't finish her bear in time for Santa's Christmas Eve departure. However, she finishes just as Santa's getting back and he tells her that a little baby was born while he was delivering presents, so he didn't have anything to give him. He lets the little elf come with him to deliver the bear to the baby, and the last page shows the little baby sleeping with the bear. The pictures are really cute, and the storyline is sweet. All of my children like this book. I grew up reading Little Golden Books, so am enjoying reading them to my kids now.
on October 23, 2013
You can't go wrong when you purchase a Little Golden Book and this was no exception. The story has a nice xmas theme running through it and is a delight to read. I particularly liked the illustrations inside this little book and you can feel yourself drift into the magic that xmas brings. Very well priced too. Good size to transport around.
on December 27, 2015
I think it's safe to say that I was more excited to buy this book for my son than my son will be to open it for Christmas. He has just learned to read and therefore still very shaky on it. While he likes the thoughts of books, the actual sitting down to read.....yeah...not so much. I bought this as an easy read to go in his Christmas box along with a few other. I can't wait to be able to cuddle up and crack it open.
on October 26, 2015
Sweet book with a good ending. Well worth buying for a pre-Christmas bedtime story for a 5 year old. I tried to order this for 2014 pre-Christmas but it was sold out, and for a long time afterwards. Finally, I saw it was back in stock over the summer and bought it then.
on July 28, 2015
Very sweet story with lovely illustrations. I enjoyed reading this many times to my preschool age children last year and I'll bring it out again for many Christmases to come. My kids love seeing the baby at the end. Such a beautiful, kind surprise at the end of the story. Very touching.
on March 11, 2016
This is my three-year-old daughter's favorite Christmas book. It's a very sweet story about a little elf whose persistence is rewarded in a wonderful way. It's not overtly religious, but has a lovely message truly in keeping with the season.
on February 5, 2015
The book itself is charming. The story and the illustrations are absolutely wonderful. But it does not translate into a good read on a tablet. Cramming it into that format made everything way too tiny to enjoy. It would be better offered only as a book, not an ebook.
on January 17, 2014
As a teacher, I love giving books as gifts. This brought back memories of growing up with Little Golden Books and was chosen for a small child born just before Christmas. It shows how hard work can pay off, even from the littlest souls, and that there is joy in giving. In a way it reminds me of another Christmas legend, where the little boy didn't have anything to offer the Christ child, but his offering was valued as much as any other.
on December 2, 2014
Cute little story about a elf who wasn't as fast as other elves finishing her toy for Santa. But great lesson on how she kept going until she finished it to only find out that Santa needed 1 extra gift and her gift was it. My kids (age 4 &6) love this little story.
on November 28, 2014
So sweet. This little book has heart, and is about a million times better than the vapid story that accompanies Elf On the you-know-what. Buy it, especially if you are a shelfer, to give your little one a meaningful start to the holiday.