5.0 out of 5 stars Great Family Movie
Published on March 7, 2002 by katie

3.0 out of 5 stars The Little Rascals
The moves was OK. I guess I would had like it better if it was the old version and not the modern one.
Published 13 months ago by rc_cemeteryman

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Family Movie, March 7, 2002
katie (new jersey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Little Rascals (DVD)
This movie is a great family film. The kids were absoulutely spectacular. I first saw this movie when I was about the same age as most of the kids in the movie when it came out, and I must tell you, I'm fourteen years old and I'm lost without it. (our movie was lent to someone and never came back)even when I'm twenty, I'll still love it. Porky and Buckwheat had some great moments:"We Got A Dollar", "I've Got Two Pickles," or when they tell Darla the "love" poem from Alfalfa. (I still remember it: Dear Darla, I hate your stinkin' guts. You make me vomit. Your scum between my toes. Love, Alfalfa.) It's a great movie!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wounderful Kids Movie!, April 18, 2003
This review is from: Little Rascals [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This is just the best movie! IT has a lot of spots that I just could not stop laughing it was that good!=S If you have ever seen the old ones, this is just as sweet. This is just one of the movie that I would tell ANYONE to see, its not a PG-13 movie but that dose not mean that its bad! Its a family movie for all ages. I can't tell you about it because it would make the movie not as good but you have got to see it!

5.0 out of 5 stars aww what a cute movie!., August 17, 2005
A Kid's Review
This review is from: The Little Rascals (DVD)
i love this movie! its so funny and cute!all the kids who acted in the movie did a very good job this movie was entertaining and very funny and for all those haters who say its not like the 1940's so what!? not every remake of a movie has to be exacly like the series!!!! anyways as for my opinion i really liked it i can watch this movie over and over and the same jokes would still be funny this was such a cute movie! i loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars It always makes me laugh., April 14, 2004
This review is from: Little Rascals [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I've loved this movie since I was...very young, I can't think of the exact age. But the point is that I loved it then and I still love it now. It's got a very innocent and yet humorous plot about a group of friends who are part of the "He-Man Womun Haters Club," but the club is in jeopardy when one of the members, Alfalfa, falls in love with Darla. Things get even worse when a rich kid by the name of Waldo moves to town and steals Darla's affections. It leads to a very funny string of events all leading up to the big race to win a much-sought-after trophy. Great for all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great movie for kids, January 10, 2006
This review is from: The Little Rascals (DVD)
The Little Rascals (1994), *****, starring Travis Tedford, Kevin Jamal Woods, Jordan Warkol, Zachary Mabry, Ross Bagley.

I first saw this movie on the exclusive Starz On Demand service that came with Comcast Cable. I love the Little Rascals and that is my main reason for watching it again and again. In the movie, I love how there's every main movie genre--excluding science-fiction and fantasy and animation. There's romance when Alfalfa (Bug Hall) woos his words of love to his young soulmate Darla (Brittany Ashton Holmes). There's drama when Waldo interferes in the budding, inseparable relationship between Alfalfa and Darla. There's comedy when Alfalfa goes about half-naked when he undresses from the ballerina costume and when Butch (Sam Saletta) and Woim (Blake Jeremy Collins). There's plenty of action during the cross-city go-kart race. That's the best part of the whole movie. I recommend this film for male and female, young and old. There's everything for everybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids Rules !!!, August 4, 2005
This review is from: The Little Rascals (DVD)
When I saw this movie for the very first time you wouldn't believed how entertained I am. The minute I saw it I wanna own it but I don't know how. Right now, I couldn't imagined my surprised the minute I received it in the mail. I couldn't believed that I own one of the best movie so far for kids, that when I will do have kids(hoping)of my own in the future they're gonna be able to watched it and enjoyed the way I enjoyed it growing up. It brings back alot of childhood memories that I will treasured forever that I wouldn't trade for anything else in the world. HATS OFF !!! to Alfalfa, Spanky, Stymie, Buckwheat, Uh-uh, Porky, Darla, & with the rest of the gangs. A must own movie for everybody to enjoy !!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the original, but great nonetheless, June 11, 2003
This review is from: Little Rascals [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This remake of the classic Little Rascals leaves something to be desired. How could it not? The original Little Rascals provided some of the most entertaining moments ever filmed. There is no way this one would be able to live up to the original. That having been said, this movie was very good. It is a great family movie, with many reworked classic moments (like the He-Man Woman Haters Club) as well as some new material. The casting for this movie was great, and the celebrity cameos add to the fun. It is hard to find a good, enjoyable family movie, but the new Little Rascals certainly deserves a place amongst family favorites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun for Kids of All Ages., June 11, 2007
This review is from: The Little Rascals (DVD)
OK, yes, its a great movie for kids, but I think its even better for adults. Like all the great, classic "kids" humor (vintage Disney, Hanna-Barbera, Sponge Bob, etc.), its really targeted for adults, or at least I believe, you have to be an adult to get all of the fantastic humor.

This movie reminded me of my own kids at their funniest. The attitude seemed perfect. For this, I'm not sure who to credit other than Penelope Spheeris, but all of the kids acting in this movie seemed relaxed, fun-loving, and outrageously humorous. Not to take anything away form the "mature" actors - There were some fantasic cameos including Mel Brooks, Reba McEntire, Whoopi Goldberg, Darryl Hanna, George Wendt, and many others.

"If you were my children, I'd punish you."
"If we were your children, we'd punish ourselves."

"What is your bank account number?"
"Seven."
"Seven?"
"Four?"

"Quick! Call 911."
"But I don't know the number."
"Me neither."

When your kids aren't around, take it out, watch it yourself, and have a good laugh.

4.0 out of 5 stars little rascals, July 10, 2002
This review is from: Little Rascals [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I admit, I enjoyed watching this movie when I was a "little rascal" myself, but when I watched it again, it wasn't as enjoyable as before. I see it as a cheesy movie in a way.
Nonetheless it's a wonderful movie for all ages. You can see how kids their age see the world. They are growing up and learn that they can't hate women any longer.
About the movie, Alfalfa likes a girl named Darla, and tries to win her heart back from the conceited Waldo.
The clubhouse is burnt down because of a picnic and they are trying to find a way to raise money to build a new one. And Alfalfa is still going after Darla.
It's all in a kid's view and crazy antics along the way. You'll love the movie, and the cute little rascals.

4.0 out of 5 stars It woz veri funee..., August 21, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: The Little Rascals (DVD)
This was an excellent tribute movie and the negative reviews are probably the result of the nostalgic "they don't make 'em like they used to" mentality. Just keep chewing on the baccy grandpa...
And as for the comment it was too "P.C." - maybe you still want the Afro American kids to say stuff like "My old man's in prison and drinks all the time"?
I reckon it was pretty funny and so does my four year old daughter and after all, this is a kid's movie.

The Little Rascals
The Little Rascals by Penelope Spheeris (DVD - 2004)
$9.99 $5.00