5.0 out of 5 stars Reading has NEVER been this much fun!
Published on December 28, 2000 by Karen Vecellio

3.0 out of 5 stars book
I am a literacy specialist and work primarily with grades one and two. The poems were a bit longer and harder than I expected.
Published 6 months ago by Deborah J. Morrison

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading has NEVER been this much fun!, December 28, 2000
Karen Vecellio (Kinderhook, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Since first reading "The Seven Silly Eaters" about a year ago, I have become a Mary Ann Hoberman addict, and am thrilled to have recently added "The Llama Who Had No Pajama" to my growing collection. She is a master of silliness, and you and your children will laugh with delight at the poems in this collection. I bought my first copy for my first grade classroom, and have since bought a second copy for my four-year old. My first graders are eating this stuff up - we read some of them together, and they keep going back for more - some of them can even recite the title poem! (And it's long!) This is also a wonderful introduction to poetry for pre-schoolers - if you've got one, and have never really read any poetry with him/her, it's a great way to develop a love of reading, as well as rhyming ability which is a key to early reading development!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, March 20, 2003
By A Customer
We borrow a lot of books from the library, and not many stand out. But this one is a winner! My 4 year old and I love this one so much that I am going to buy a copy for us. It has wonderfully clever rhymes about topics that interest kids. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, May 7, 2009
This review is from: The Llama Who Had No Pajama: 100 Favorite Poems (Paperback)
My daughter is almost four years old and I had been wondering how I could encourage a love of words and poetry in her. I knew I needed poems written about items and concepts she could understand.

I came across this book at the bookstore and was immediately enchanted with the rhythm and rhymes. Once I brought it home I was overjoyed to see the utter astonishment on my daughter's face when she discovered that words can dip and spin and prance and race.

Remember that reading poetry out loud is an art. A little bit of practice before you first introduce a poem to your children will make it that much more fascinating for them.

4.0 out of 5 stars fun poems for younger children, May 7, 2009
Ladybug (Nampa, Idaho) - See all my reviews
There is nothing quite like a poem for engaging kids' minds to enjoy and be creative with language. These poems are mostly aimed at younger children and are fun. Great to read aloud together.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must -have for your child's collection!, May 12, 2007
C L D (Northern Kentucky) - See all my reviews
My toddler son and I are so pleased with this book. We discovered this treasure at our local library and just had to add it to our personal collection. The Llama Who Had No Pajama is a perfect way to introduce poetry prose into your little one's life. I could only locate the book in paperback and would prefer to have it in hardback, but apparently it is no longer published as such. This and Where the Sidewalk Ends are essential items for your child(ren)'s home library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, High interest!, October 4, 2008
This is a great selection of poetry and has high interest for kids. My 5th graders love it as well as my younger children!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly adorable, April 6, 2008
minimal mommy (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
A great book of poems--my four year old daughter loves them, and they are great short alternative to a "book" when it is late at night!

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book for discovering the joys of poetry, January 6, 2008
I've been reading this with our son a few nights a week and working on memorizing some of the poems. They are fun and they vary a good deal in complexity so it is easy to find poems at the right level for him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute!!, August 16, 2007
This is a really cute book full of great poems for children. Some of them are written for just fun, but others evoke great imagery and thus great discussion with children. We really enjoy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Poetry, March 31, 2014
We read this book and then had a unit on poetry. The kids did a bit of copying at first, but once they got the hang of it there was no end to the day of rhymes.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Llama Who Had No Pajama: 100 Favorite Poems
The Llama Who Had No Pajama: 100 Favorite Poems by Mary Ann Hoberman (Paperback - April 1, 2006)
$8.00 $7.20