Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$5.99

on January 24, 2012
Bethel Music's latest project The Loft Sessions is a refreshing and authentic worship experience where community and creativity collide. Recorded live in a refurbished rustic loft, the Bethel Music team gathered friends and family for several nights of worship that set the stage for this ground-breaking recording. The Loft Sessions explores new territory for Bethel Music, merging an array of acoustic creativity with the modern melodies of original songs by Brian and Jenn Johnson, Jeremy Riddle and emerging artists Steffany Frizzell, Hunter Thompson and Matt Stinton. Jeremy Riddle is the writer and singer of the amazing worship songs "Sweetly Broken" and "Furious" and he co-wrote the hit song "Love Came Down" with Brian Johnson, which has also recently been recorded by Seventh Day Slumber and Kari Jobe. Both Brian Johnson and Jeremy Riddle have an earnest, sincere songwriting and singing style that will immediately remind you of Bono from U2 and Chris Martin from Coldplay. Since I love those artists and their alternative rock style, I'm predisposed to like Jeremy Riddle, Brian Johnson and the Bethel Music worship team.

The Loft Sessions is not your typical praise and worship album. It has a very warm musical style that will immediately soothe your soul and cause you to worship along with these ultra-talented worship leaders. It has a Gungor meets Mumford & Sons sonic feel to the album and I can't get enough of these anointed songs. The album opens with an incredible recording of "One Thing Remains" led by Brian Johnson with the amazing chorus "Your Love never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me." If you're not already singing this song at your church, this arrangement is well suited to any congregation. "My Dear" is a great upbeat song that moves me emotionally and physically when I worship along with the talented and emotive vocalist Hunter Thompson and the Bethel Music team.

"You Have Won Me" is led by Brian Johnson, and has the expressive chorus, "Jesus You have won me...You are worthy of glory and praise." The new worship song and lead single "Come To Me" is sung tenderly by Jenn Johnson from the perspective of God singing over us--"I am the Lord your God...no evil will conquer you, steady now your heart...lift up your weary head, I Am with you, wherever you go, come to Me, I'm all you need...come to Me, I'm your everything!" There is incredible comfort and biblical Truth in this song and Jenn's passionate vocals will have you hanging on every word. "You Know Me" stops me in my tracks as Steffany Frizzell slays me with her confessional and prayerful vocal style, especially in the bridge--"nothing is hidden from Your sight, wherever I go You find me, You know every detail of my life, cause You are God and You don't miss a thing." That biblical Truth comes right from Psalm 139 and there is great comfort in knowing Jesus and being known by Him in every detail of our lives. Amen to that! "Fall Afresh" is sung by Bethel Music worship leader Jeremy Riddle. I've always wanted to hear Jeremy perform stripped down acoustic style songs, and I feel like I'm eavesdropping on Jeremy's prayer time as he sincerely lifts his anointed voice in worship to our Lord and Savior. The chorus of "Fall Afresh" moves me every time I sing it, "Spirit of the Living God come fall afresh on me / Come wake me from my sleep / Blow through the caverns of my soul / Pour in me to overflow, / to overflow." That's also the cry of my heart. Thank you Bethel Music for these incredible musical offerings to Jesus.

CLOSING THOUGHTS (Staff Review, NewReleaseTuesday.com)
If you like the praise and worship artists Hillsong UNITED, Matt Redman, Tim Hughes and Jesus Culture, then you can't go wrong with the Bethel Music worship team and you'll love the album The Loft Sessions. Every song on this album has quickly become a staple in my playlist of my favorite worship anthems. Every song is worshipful and catchy. The vertical worship and number of songs I could imagine singing in union with fellow believers in a corporate worship setting is another highlight of this very solid album. Some of the songs that would be great additions to church services are "One Thing Remains," "My Dear," "You Have Won Me" and "Fall Afresh." I considered Be Lifted High among the best worship albums of 2011 and based on the gorgeous stand-out female led worship ballads "Come To Me" and "You Know Me," I expect big things for Bethel Music in 2012. For sure, this will be among my top worship albums of the year.
on February 9, 2012
Love the new sounds Bethel Team has put on this CD...instrumentation, voices, ethereal, natural, fun, & new...all drawing the listener into a broader and living place! Great job Bethel Team...since hearing this CD I can't wait to hear: Jenn, Steffany, Graham, Matt, & Hunter on their own CD's! Highly recommend to listeners who are wanting to hear some new sounds!! The only thing I would like a little less of is production & compression and more raw sound - if that makes sense - maybe it is kind of like the raw sound of records vs. flawless CD's? But that (and it is only a preference of mine) does not diminish at all the quality and excellence in song writing, musicianship and new sounds this CD brings! Go buy it, you will love it! The Loft Sessions (Deluxe Edition) [+Video]
on February 7, 2012
This worship CD/DVD is soothing, uplifting, inspiring! The unique blend of songs have you on your feet one moment, and on your knees the next. The passionate vocalists have a real heart for God...and it shows! Let these moving melodies sweep you away!
on October 10, 2012
This is a "good" worship CD with ten completely separate worship songs (they do not flow from one track to another), and some of them end up sounding the same. "One Thing Remains" and "You Have Won Me" sound similar, though it's probably just because of the tempo and same underlying, perpetual drum beat. I was expecting an intimate worship experience with Spirit-led songs, yet just as I was feeling like I was really able to enter the presence of God, the song ended. The transition from song to song was abrupt, and I'm kind of puzzled as to the order of songs. For example, you have this wonderfully beautiful, slower song in "Draw Near", and then the song immediately after starts with a harsh "1, 2, 3, 4!" into an upbeat guitar intro. It jolted me out of my worship experience. So each song is a beautiful worship song in its own right, but the CD as a whole is not one I would use to intimately worship and soak. I might end up making my own playlist on my mp3 player and switch around the order of songs. :)
on February 28, 2014
The entire album has a synthetic vibe to it and while that is definitely not a bad thing, it just isn't what I was expecting at all. When I found out that this was live recording of a bunch of well known worship leaders making music together in a room, I was expecting a more worship-esque feel to it with prayer and intimacy, not radio music with Christian lyrics.

I realized that three stars may be a bit harsh for describing something that is as subjective as musical taste. I played one of the two songs I liked softly on speaker and a friend near me asked if I liked the album. I told him I only liked two songs on it and he shared a similar opinion. He didn't like it at all it seemed.

"My Dear"
"Come to Me"

My Dear is (surprise) a very lively, upbeat song with a canon in the middle. I like it a lot actually and give it a play in my room whenever i'm in the mood for something uplifting.

Come to Me is probably the most well known song in this album and if you haven't listened to it, please feel free to search for it on youtube.

In all honesty, I would just buy these two songs individually and leave the rest. You really aren't missing out on much. They don't get stuck in your head and you don't find yourself humming the music randomly, ever.
on February 24, 2012
This album is absolutely amazing! It's very rare in any genre of music that you find a flawless album, and this is one of them. Every..... single.... song JAMS!!!! I can tell that they were lead by and sought the Holy Spirit. The DVD also is beautiful the worship is soooooo intimate. Not to mention that this was my first time hearing ANYTHING from this group. My first experience with Bethel Music has been a great one.....
on October 30, 2013
Bought this after my girlfriend raved about this group for a month. After just previewing one track, I decided it's a keeper. My favorite track on there is "Walk in the Promise". The first part of the track is unlike anything I've heard and keeps me wanting to listen to it. As a bonus, there are two tracks with acoustic versions (= awesome!). I like this departure from the run-of-the-mill "worship" music so prevalent in many churches. Strikes a wonderful balance with being contemporary by having new lyrics and yet retaining the sound of great pop folk music.
on January 3, 2013
The Loft Sessions EP is a beautiful, stripped down, studio EP put together by Bethel Live which delivers powerful songs that hit the heart. The cd is both simple but engaging. It is the perfect complement to one's quiet time spent with God. It provides a great way to unwind and saturate in the presence of the Lord. This album is a must-have for anyone who loves worship music!
on September 27, 2013
I was at mercy ministries for seven months and loved this out of all the DVD's we watched to soak after classes were done, it takes me back to being there and just being in God's presence...Highly Recommend from this listener! :)
on October 2, 2013
I could and do listen to this album over and over again. Many of these songs are personal favorites. I love the beautiful voices and harmonies, the acoustic feel, and how you can tell that Jesus is the focus of the worship at all points of the album. The lyrics show an intimate love and relationship that I can't find in many contemporary worship albums. I'd recommend this album to anyone who wants a fresh perspective of worship and of God.