5.0 out of 5 stars problem solved

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars problem solved, February 3, 2011
Jaw (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Itch Stopper (Kitchen)
I discovered this some years ago, desperately searching on line for a solution to terrible itching from flea bites. The fleas would come in the summer, we had them for a few years, and the itch from their bites was really intense and would last for days off and on. the main thing i was using on the bites was ice. It worked a little but not really. It really drove me crazy at work and when i was driving. Then i found the itch stopper. User reviews and claims on their website convinced me to try it. It totally worked. I don't worry about itching anymore. I know i can stop any itching and it stays stopped. It completely stopped flea bite itching for the rest of the day and the itch didn't come back. I could carry it with me in my back pack easily but didn't need it at work because the home treatment worked for the whole day. I also have used it on itching that i get seasonally, maybe from dry weather, there's no rash or redness or bumps, just itching, generally on the tops of my feet. Itch Stopper stops it.

They claim it releases histamines or something like that.

There are two negatives about the itch stopper for me. One is that the heat really hurts (i turn it on high). It feel like it's burning my skin but it never does, it doesn't even leave redness. But it really does hurt. I can put up with it though because it's worth it.

The other negative for me is that i have great difficulty getting the batteries in. It seems to be somewhat crudely made, and the batteries fit very tightly so that when i press the last one in place, another one pops out, and i really have had a hard time getting the batteries in. I paid extra for the AC cord and am glad i did because of the problems i have repeatedly had with the batteries. The little springs that connect the negative poles on the batteries have bent and almost broken.

As annoying as this is, all is forgiven, i give 5 stars because it totally works. Itching is no problem now. I don't worry about bites or any other kind of itching. No more problem itching.

I bought a second itch stopper because of the somewhat flimsy quality. I didn't want to be without one and i got a back up. I also paid for expedited shipping because i was suffering so much. I've had them for years now and both are still working fine. fortunately though, the flea problem ended, 2006 was the last year i had fleas, so the itch stoppers have not gotten a lot of use. It's very simple device and there isn't much to go wrong, but unless they've improved the battery compartment since i got mine, i do think the springs might break off from trying to replace the batteries so i just use the AC cord.

5.0 out of 5 stars This may just be my MIRACLE!, December 23, 2012
This review is from: Itch Stopper (Kitchen)
I was diagnosed with stasis dermatitis which causes an intolerably itchy rash on my lower extremities between the knee and the ankle. The doctor prescribed an antibiotic, an anti-itch cream and compression stockings. The antibiotic alleviated the pain and cured the infection that developed due to broken skin caused by scratching. Nothing, however, helped the itch. The itch is so unbearable that I would prefer the pain over the itch. I searched high and low on the internet and began trying every remedy offered - baking soda paste, vinegar, ice packs, benadryl, calamine lotion, Cortaid, lavender, peppermint, tea tree and various other essential oils. Nothing worked sufficiently well to provide enough relief to be deemed successful. In a word, I've been miserable. I found the most relief came from applying slices of ice-cold, fresh Aloe plant - another remedy from my google searching. But even that wasn't enough for me to stop trying to find something that would help me feel normal.

Last week I came across the Hon Tech Itch Stopper LED device. I was very surprised (and disheartened) to see that there were only 6 reviews here on Amazon. But since four gave 5 stars, one gave 4 stars and one gave 1 star I thought about it. Further investigating led me to the manufacturer's website - itchstopper dot com. There I found close to 100 positive and glowing reviews. The next 3 (poorly written) paragraphs are directly from their website:

Principles: This device applies gentle, and highly specific electronic energies. It temporarily stops the degranulation process of skin mast cells and, in some situations, destroy exogenous or endogenous toxins in the skin. Histamine causes itch, rash, and swelling. ItchStopper stops its release from the skin Mast cells. ItchStopper can also activate stress genes, as UV does, to keep the skin healthy and beautiful.

What makes it so effective: To be effectively eliminated, skin diseases must be treated from the bottom (the base of the skin). Chemical and biochemical medicines are ineffective at penetrating the skin barrier to reach the skin-base or, once they get there, they are taken away by the blood stream. No medicine can effectively concentrate locally at the base of the skin. This is why creams, lotions, and powders are so ineffective at relieving itch and clearing up lesions.
 The ItchStopper applies energies that effectively penetrates the skin-barrier. It is so powerful and effective because it focuses the energy at the skin-base of the affected area.

Safety: The ItchStopper is a safe treatment. You may use it whenever and wherever you want. You may use it on a one-year-old child, on the face, on the scalp, on the eyelids with closed eyes, and on the most private areas. Some customers found that the ItchStopper gave off a specific electro-magnetic wave. Others found the top was warm. All of these are normal and completely safe. The electro-magnetic energy is approximately 1% produced by a cellular phone. Again, the ItchStopper is a safe treatment. It is safer than most creams and lotions available on the market today.

I have had the Itch Stopper for 2 days and while I feel it is premature to call it a miracle, I am very, very impressed. I have had the most relief over everything else so far. Initially I thought it was a little pricey especially if it were to turn out to be a gimmick that doesn't work. So far I can say that if the relief I've already had in two days continues, I would gladly pay ten times as much to stop this agony. The website also promised that the ItchStoper will be helpful in clearing up skin blisters and lesions. I assume it helps because by ridding oneself of the itch, the scratching stops which has caused the bloody lesions and subsequent infection that I contracted.
We will see. Presently my legs are very red and irritated with bloody lesions and weepy blisters. (Sorry to be so graphic but apparently this is not uncommon with this condition.) By the way, many of the testimonials on the website said the ItchStopper relieved the itching from mosquito and chigger bites. I would assume it also helps itching from poison ivy or psoriasis

I will continue to use it over the next several weeks and report back on my results.

Jan 30 - It's been about 6 weeks since the above review. I have used the ItchStopper repeatedly during this time. Ok maybe "Miracle" is a little much - it's not quite a miracle but I can honestly say that most of the time it stops the itch - no it's not always immediate as the product info claims but definitely does stop the itch and when it does I can usually go for a day or sometimes 2 before I need to use it again. Further research on internet claims that it is nothing more than heat. If that is so than heat from any source should be as effective. I would like to try something but I don't know what to substitute without burning my skin. In the meantime, I love this and will continue to use. My legs have healed up nicely (due to less scratching) and overall I feel much better. My legs do seem incredibly dry and I suspect that it is from all the heat I've applied however it's well worth it to alleviate the horrible itch. Good luck - I hope it works for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS VERY WELL!!, August 24, 2008
river rat 222 (bullhead city arizona) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Itch Stopper (Kitchen)
This is the absolute best treatment I have ever come across for itching. We use it often for mosquito bites and ant stings. If we use it before we start to itch it will keep away all itching and irritation for about 24 hours. It is wonderful. Even if we itch and itch and then use it after the area is inflamed and driving us crazy, it will still work to remove all itching for about 12-24 hours. Before we found this device our children would sometimes get large sores and scars from all the itching. I highly recommend this!!

4.0 out of 5 stars it works!, January 27, 2010
HOLLY "ro" (fort walton beach, fl usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Itch Stopper (Kitchen)
the ITCH STOPPER worked! it relieved the ITCH for 24 hours, sometimes longer. i've tried creams and lotions, but nothing has worked as fast as the ITCH STOPPER. i would of rated it higher, but the lights on the instrument that are suppose to light up and tell you the product is on and ready to use, doesn't work and has never worked.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made product, July 24, 2013
This review is from: Itch Stopper (Kitchen)
I would not recommend this product to anyone. It is effective, however we had constant problems with the electronics. We returned the first one at a cost of $7.95 shipping for a replacement, plus $8 to mail it back. That one only worked for three weeks. The third unit worked briefly and then burned out (smoked). We just gave up because the office rep is difficult to communicate with and we were so tired of hassling with the constant problems. Also the transformer works intermittently and they had to replace that as well. It gave out and we just replaced it ourselves. All in all, a very inferior product.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, June 15, 2012
This review is from: Itch Stopper (Kitchen)
I bought this in disbelieving desperation and darn if it doesn't work! I had a series of red itchy areas that would drive me crazy and scratching made it worse. I sat down and placed this itch stopper on each itchy spot and it stopped itching. A greater surprise is those itches don't seem to come back. Unbelievable. I have used this several times over the last 6 months and experience the same relief.

5.0 out of 5 stars 12 year success., September 13, 2013
This review is from: Itch Stopper (Kitchen)
Bought this gadget some 12 years ago. It never failed and neutralizes the venom under the skin by virtually cooking it without burning your skin.
Itch disappears and stays away for a day or more, depending on the type of bite. Does not remove the bite mark but accelerates healing.
Great invention and worth the money (currently $3.50 per year based on initial investment in 2001).

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well on small areas., November 27, 2013
This review is from: Itch Stopper (Kitchen)
This device works well on small areas that itch. Unfortunately, if you have generalized itching, it is too difficult to use easily.

4.0 out of 5 stars Big Relief, November 15, 2013
This review is from: Itch Stopper (Kitchen)
This works well for me. Not as fast or long-lasting as advertised, but really well. I find I use it several times a day when I am having skin problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing is great!, November 6, 2013
Gary (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Itch Stopper (Kitchen)
This was a replacement for my original one that died. This thing is amazing at stopping the itch from mosquito bites!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Itch Stopper
Itch Stopper by The Look
$54.95
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
Rate and Discover Movies