Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on October 19, 2010
I rated this 1-star, not because it's really that bad for the price, but in the hopes that a lower overall rating will cause people to examine this more closely instead of buying it because they see Mines of Moria.

This is NOT the Mines of Moria expansion, and will not give you access to the MoM content.

What it gives you:

A *chance* to win a contest that's already over. Useless.

A couple of in-game items, including a cloak for new characters. Not bad, unless you have this from another source(such as being a Beta player).

The Shadows of Angmar soundtrack with a few bonus tracks. This makes the purchase worthwhile, as the music CD contains 33 tracks or so. The only real downside is the really stupid decision to inject some tracks that are nothing but the Gandalf voiceovers. This makes quite a disturbing interruption when listening to the CD for its music.
on July 25, 2011
As a ViP and long time player of Lord of the Rings, I have to warn everyone about this Pre-Order code.

YES this is a Pre-Order "CODE" as the description says. This is not a Mines of Moria unlock code. But, that is not what I am here to inform you all about

SOME INFORMATION ON THE PRE-ORDER ITEMS
For $10 you are basically getting:

1. A cloak that will probably last you all of 10 levels, and then become a cosmetic only item (since by level 10 you will start finding cloaks with more armor/stats).

2. A Title is just that, a title. Nothing special no perks

3. 1 in-game token. These are total junk. I don't even use them myself (i just delete them when I make a new toon). Basically after beating the intro you will be able to use your token. You can chose 1 of 8 unique items. Some are cosmetic, some are to decorate your house(if you ever buy one) and I believe there is one that gives +1 hope. The one I always picked was the pocket-item that gave a small boost to vitality (since pocket items are hard to find early on)

For $10 however this is really nothing special and not worth your money, unless you are interested in getting a few exclusive cosmetics / collectible items to display.

** Purchase wisely **

**NOTE: See Comments on my review for information on a Pre-Order package currently available (expires 9/26/2011) that may perk your interest far greater than some generic pre-order items, as it contains mounts, cosmetics, a +25% mob experience item, and multiple expansions.
on October 16, 2010
I happen to love the Lord of the Rings online game - I just want to let people know that the pre-order key DOES NOT give you access to the Mines of Moria content. It DOES NOT unlock the warden or rune-keeper profession. It does, on the other hand, give you a custom title, cape, and token. It also comes with a CD containing the in-game music soundtrack. So pay attention on the item page, where it says "Pre-order only, game not included" as opposed to the title which says "Pre-Order with In Game Items."

Purchasing this product will only give you the in-game items. Don't be confused! :)
on April 8, 2013
I want to clear the air, that however it was described before, as it is now, it is exactly as it is described! It is also a fair price. I started playing Lord of the Rings Online late. I missed things like early pre-order goodies. I paid $5 plus shipping for this, and it's exactly what I wanted. The key code was 100% valid. I entered it successfully today. Now my lotro account is credited with the Moria pre-order and it gets the special coin that lets me get the housing deco I wanted. ^_^

And for that $5 I also got a music CD, yay! If you don't want to beg a kinmate to place a songbird or mouse in your house and/or take your random chances on a lootbox in game (very, very rare chance btw), spend the $5. I would have paid more TPs than $5 would have bought me to unlock the coin quest. I pay more than $5 in TPs just to increase my vault space. :P

The only thing I would caution you on is, if you want the key code, buy new and not used. Mine was shipped brand new still in the plastic. A used one might have a used key code, so all you'd get would be the music CD. I suppose you should contact the seller if you're not sure if it's new or used.
on October 27, 2010
Buy this and be dissappointed..All you get is the PREORDER ITEMS Key,,it will NOT upgrade you to Mines of Moria, you will still have to go and BUY MoM all over again. This product misstates what you get and here is the reply I got from Turbine on the matter..

--Thanks for your inquiry. We have reviewed your account and do not see a Mines of Moria product key associated with it. This would be the reason why you do not have access to certain travel paths and the premium classes.

We do see that there is a product key for the Mines of Moria pre-order items. This code is not the code for the actual expansion. This code only gave you the items from the pre-order promotion.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please respond to this email, and we will be happy to assist you.

The Turbine Customer Service Team
on November 1, 2010
The Moria "pre-order" sold here is a total ripoff. It doesn't contain ANYTHING worth the price! The code provided doesn't allow you to play the Moria expansion, no VIP time, all ITEMS are expired, and they sell it for the same price as other sellers offer the ACTUAL FULL GAME, it's shameless and deceitful. They want you to buy it thinking the code will allow you to play the moria expansion, but it doesn't! The description does not tell you it does not work anymore! I called Turbine and they said I should contact Amazon to return it since this product is worthless now!
on March 11, 2012
This Massive Multiplayer Online game is a must have for those who love fantasy or have read any of the Tolkien stories. True to the stories of the Lord of the Rings, this game submerges you immediately into the role of your character and the race that you chose to become. In addition, the gaming environment is very good. Few to little obnoxious players and unless you enter into the servers that allow for player killing, you don't have to worry about it. There are many helpful players to those just starting as well as groups to join.

The crafting system, for those into crafting, is well developed and in most cases, enjoyable and easy to follow.
The combat system is very well developed and dependent on character class, not all based on the same system.
The multiplayer sections and areas are very well developed as well, giving you a balanced game play.
on November 17, 2010
I have contacted the company, about this and contacted several people at amazon to remove this product, its deliberatly misleading if you look at the picture its only half there, not showing the part where it says NOT THE GAME ONLY PRE ORDER ITEMS and a few songs, this product wasnt to be sold 30 days after the game was released. but here they are trying to sell it. I think to empty their shelves of it, and the picture isnt showing the game package it comes in, i think is also misleading, all deliberate cause anyone readin the comments of people here would want to be cleared of anything misleading when running a responsible company, who cares about their reputation. OBVOISOULY this isnt one of those. DONT BUY IT.... or anything else from shady companys like this.
on July 14, 2012
I thought i was getting the game. it said pre-order but i thought that meant the game,. it doesn't. I still have to order the game. at only $3 it isn't worth sending back, but still money is money. I couldn't read the tiny print on the package that says "Pre-order only, game not included." The photo was too small to see the words on the package. if the seller had included this in his description i would never have bought it. I wanted the game - not a disc of music and other pre-order junk. Please get people to accurately describe their product so that people like me don't buy something they don't want. Now i am stuck with it. And no, i won't rip people off by reselling it.
on March 27, 2015
The item, as of today, 27 March 2015, works as described. The code included in the box unlocks in game items that can be used by the account's characters. There is also an official soundtrack disk included.

To get the items in game, simply apply the code using the Turbine account page. If the page reports the code as invalid, simple retype it. Chances are, it was inputted incorrectly the first time.

Once again, since there are a lot of reviews written by people that are unable to read product descriptions and so rate said product very low: the item IS WORKING AS INTENDED! Sale is for the pre-order items only. Not to be confused with the full length game.

I am thrilled that even after so long, there is still a way to get the Sunset Cloak. I have wanted this item for a very long time.