4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, portable Louvre guide.
Published on September 10, 2009 by lawbabie

LOVE THIS BOOK, I am an art student and I carry it with me class everyday.
Published 2 days ago by Welding girl

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, portable Louvre guide., September 10, 2009
lawbabie (Arlington VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Louvre: Art & Architecture (Hardcover)
This is a nice little book, compact and well organized, with floor plans(some fold-out) of the major galleries and descriptions of major works as well as various articles and historical information. I carried this with me on a recent trip to the Louvre and found it very informative, though of course not comprehensive. Descriptions of major works are included and very illuminating. The material on the history of the Louvre is also interesting. The layout can be a little busy to follow, though, since articles on side topics are interwoven with the descriptions of works.

I had to have Amazon send a replacement copy for the first, however, because it was defective (where there should have been a floor plan for French Sculpture (at pages 217 through 222), there was instead an insert of the Italian Paintings plan, which was numbered as pages 271 to 273 (which is duplicative of later pages in the book, because the same insert appears again). The replacement copy is fine, however, so it does not appear to be a problem that should affect other purchasers.

3.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS BOOK, I am an art student and I carry it with me class everyday., July 11, 2014
This review is from: The Louvre: Art & Architecture (Hardcover)
LOVE THIS BOOK, I am an art student and I carry it with me class everyday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 8, 2014
Paula S. McClain (Santa Maria, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Lovely book

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book!, January 13, 2014
This is a chunky little book, packed with beautiful photos - love it! Will come in handy to prepare for an upcoming trip.... :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Paris, March 11, 2012
This comprehensive volume contains information about many aspects of the Louve and the art work therein. This book makes a great planning tool, but it is too large to carry on a trip.

3.0 out of 5 stars NO architecture, April 18, 2012
beware the title of this book: there is little evidence of the exterior and interior architecture of the louvre which is a shame. i was quite disappointed. the art is admirably covered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, June 10, 2011
This review is from: The Louvre: Art & Architecture (Hardcover)
It is a decorative hardcover book too beautiful to use in your home. I bought and use on my shelf along with other books of the same decoration. Particularly I love this collection.

The Louvre: Art & Architecture
The Louvre: Art & Architecture by Gabriele Bartz (Hardcover - February 1, 2008)
Used & New from: $33.91