Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

VINE VOICEon July 12, 2009
Complete your cruise of The Love Boat's second season with Captain Stubing (Gavin MacLeod), Doc (Bernie Kopell), Gopher (Fred Grandy), Isaac (Ted Lange), Julie (Lauren Tewes) and another boatload of guest stars on The Love Boat - Season Two, Volume Two! Picking up where The Love Boat - Season Two, Volume One left off, with the show's remaining Season Two episodes which include the return of sexy Charo in "April's Return" (the second of many future appearances), this 4-disc (664 min.) set features Full Frame (1.33:1) video; English, Spanish mono audio; Closed Captioning; English, Spanish subtitles; plus the following guest stars:

Richard Anderson, Ken Berry, Ray Bolger, Sonny Bono, Dr. Joyce Brothers, Raymond Burr, Charlie Callas, Cyd Charisse, Keith Coogan, Hans Conried, Cathy Lee Crosby, Bob Cummings, Kim Darby, Bob Denver, Elinor Donahue, Nanette Fabray, Corey Feldman, Conchata Ferrell, Fannie Flagg, Christopher George, Tammy Grimes, Lisa Hartman, Telma Hopkins, Reggie Jackson, Michael Lembeck, Tina Louise, Philip Charles Mackenzie, Randolph Mantooth, Peter Marshall, Roddy McDowall, Anne Meara, Ethel Merman, Hayley Mills, Debbi Morgan, Diana Muldaur, Ben Murphy, Leslie Nielsen, Ron Palillo, Minnie Pearl, Donna Pescow, Martha Raye, John Rubenstein, Jill St. John, Jerry Stiller, Bobby Van, Abe Vigoda, Nancy Walker, Lyle Waggoner and more.

Here are the episodes contained in this volume, plus original airdates:

14. Second Time Around / The 'Now' Marriage / My Sister, Irene (1/13/1979)
15. Gopher's Opportunity / Home Sweet Home / The Switch (1/20/1979)
16. Like Father, Like Son/Don't Push Me/Second Chance (1/27/1979)
17. Disco Baby/Alas, Poor Dwyer/After the War/Ticket to Ride/Itsy Bitsy (2/3/1979)*
18. Dream Ship / Best of Friends / Aftermath (2/10/1979)
19. A Good and Faithful Servant / The Secret Life of Burl Smith / Tug of War / Designated Lover (2/17/1979)
20. The Decision / Poor Little Rich Girl / Love Me, Love My Dog (2/24/1979)
21. Funny Valentine / The Wallflower / A Home is Not a Home (3/3/1979)
22. Ages of Man / Families / Bo 'n' Sam (3/10/1979)
23. Sounds of Silence / Cyrano de Bricker / Murder on the High Seas (3/17/1979)
24. Super Mom / I'll See You Again / April's Return (5/5/1979)
25. Third Wheel / Grandmother's Day / Second String Mom (5/12/1979)

*Episode 17 is presented in its original double-length format, before it was split in two for syndication.
0Comment26 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2010
I am so happy that I got this DVD for myself. I watch season one and two everyday. I enjoy going back to a time when life was more casual and not so unfriendly, and dangerous as today is. I wish I would have bought them long ago.
on November 17, 2009
Call it hokey, call it cheesey - I just can't get enough of Love Boat DVDs. I am compiling my Love Boat collection and am loving it! I know buying the DVD sets in half series is not a popular choice on this board, but I don't mind. These DVDs bring back great memories! This was my most favorite show when I was . . . ahem . . younger. LOL!!
on August 6, 2012
If romance, a few laughs and lots and lots of T.V. and movie stars float your boat, then "The Love Boat" is for you.

In this second half of season two, Captain Stubing (Gavin MacLeod), Doc (Bernie Kopell), Isaac (Ted Lange), Julie (Lauren Tewes) and Gopher (Fred Gandy) join forces with a multitude of celebrities in several cute, litte stories within each hour-long episode. Joining them in the Acapulco Lounge are: Gilligan Island's Tina Louise, Martha Raye, the handsome Lyle Waggoner of "The Carol Burnette Show," "All My Children's" Debbi Morgan, Lisa Hartman of "Tabitha" and "Knots Landing", Raymond Burr, Dr. Joyce Brothers, Leslie Nielsen, Peter Lawford, Reggie Jackson, Cyd Charisse and many more.

Stories feature Gopher's trouble with his parents- played by Ethel Merman and Bob Cummings, Charo returning as April (who does a guitar/song/dance number to a strange but entertaining disco version of "The Love Boat" theme-I kid you not), and my favorite - Julie's high school reunion. Get out your leisure suits for a boogie wonderland, because this particular episode goes disco crazy and has some funny and inexcusable dancing going on.

There are 12 episodes here of great quality. These shows make you unwind and relax. They're care-free and fun. I hope they release more of these!!
on September 10, 2012
Love relaxing to a DVD of the Love Boat, fun to watch what eveyone was wearing and all of the old actors. Too bad they don't make 'em like they used to. Great quality, for the price you can't beat it. If you're a fan, a must, if you're looking for good time '70-ish television, don't pass these up :)
on November 15, 2010
this is a great show - nice characters - simple and fun to watch. So, why do we have to wait so long for the next seasons??? There are a lot of fans in Europe too!!!
on June 21, 2011
BOY, I COULDN'T WAIT UNTIL LOVE BOAT WOULD COME ON ON SATURDAY NIGHTS. IT WAS THE BEST AT HOME FUN I COULD COME UP WITH. I DIDN'T HAVE TO SPEND TIME PUTTING MYSELF TOGETHER TO GO OUT FOR THE EVENING. AND I DIDN'T HAVE TO SPEND MUCH MONEY. ALL I HAD TO DO WAS PUT DINNER TOGETHER, THEN CURL UP AND WATCH THE LOVE BOAT. THIS SHOW MUST HAVE DONE MORE FOR TRAVEL AND TOURISM IN THE 1980'S THEN AT ANY OTHER TIME IN THE HISTORY OF TELEVISION. EVERY WEEK THE PACIFIC PRINCESS TOOK US TO EXOTIC PLACES SUCH AS GREECE, THE SOUTH OF FRANCE, ITALY, AND ACALPULCO. AND MOVIE STARS I HADN'T EVER SEEN BEFORE WERE ON LOVE BOAT. PEOPLE LIKE CYD CHARISSE, LILI PALMER, AND ALEXIS SMITH. EVERYBODY WAS SO BEAUTIFUL. THE FOOD LOOKED SO DELICIOUS. AND THE CREW JUST SEEMED TO BE HAVING THE BEST OF TIME. THE SHOW WAS HILARIOUS, WELL WRITTEN AND VERY FUNNY. I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED WHEN THE SHOW WAS CANCELLED. IT PLACED A VOID IN MY SATURDAY NIGHT VIEWING. THANK GOODNESS FOR DVD'S THOUGH. THE ONLY GRIPE I HAVE IS, THIS BEING ONE OF AARON SPELLING PRODUCTIONS, IT HAS BEEN SLOW IN BEING RELEASED. ONLY TWO SEASONS SO FAR. AND THEY OF COURSE HAVE BEEN IN VOLUMES. I WOULDN'T EVEN MIND THAT IF WE CAN JUST HAVE THE REMAINING SEASONS. I DIDN'T GET TO SEE ALL OF THE EPISODES. JUST LIKE ALL OF THE AARON SPELLING SHOWS I CAME TO ENJOY OVER THE YEARS I HAVE YET TO SEE ONE IN IT'S ENTIRETY. SO JUST LIKE ALL OF THE OTHER LOVE BOAT FANS OUT THERE, I AM HOPING TO SEE MORE LOVE BOAT SEASONS RELEASED SOON.
on April 11, 2010
This is one of the great Series and it brings back lots of good memories for me and great stars (many who are now gone)...and remembering those stars that put enjoyment in our lives.
on December 11, 2012
Loved this show back in the day. Who wouldn't want to spend time with the crew of the Love Boat and all the cool guest stars. Some of the guest stars include Charo, Anne Meara, Jerry Stiller, Corey Feldman, Beth Howland, Ken Berry, Arte Johnson, Peter Lawford, Jill St. John, Elinor Donahue, Debbie Allen, Dennis Cole and many more.
on December 19, 2012
Was there really a time when you could turn on the t.v. for free and watch pure junk food entertainment like The Love Boat? Yes, and it wasn't that long ago! Not exactly Shakespeare (or even Jackie Collins!) but watching the Love Boat is like eating at your favorite fast food place--predictable, enjoyable and satisfying.