The Love Dare and Religion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 2, 2010 9:06:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2010 9:07:41 PM PDT
Crystle says:
3.0 out of 5 stars Doing love dare-religion?, November 2, 2010
By Crystle - See all my reviews

DH and I are on day 5 and it seems to be working out so far. DH and I are Agnostic. I knew going into this book that is was written with religious overtones but found the first couple of dares (with the religious context left out) to be fairly simple things DH and I easily take for granted. However as I peek forward the dares start to take an overwhelmingly religious tone. (Fair enough-it is a religiously toned book) I find some of the explanations to be sexist as "if husband could deal with wife's irrationality" "or if wife could contain herself during the football game" etc.
My question is-Is it possible to do these dares without the religious stuff? Will the sexism become overt? I guess I'm disappointed because it seems to be working but I know if it starts talking more about religion than marriage or what Christians believe marriage to be, I know it won't work for DH and I:( To each its own-but DH and I are firm non-believers. Anyone have any success without being religious?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 4:36:19 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 16, 2012 4:39:56 PM PDT
aikidoka says:
Hi Crystle

It works, I was in a rupture, and now I have my GF´s love and confidence back. Read all the book, even religious context, but think it as something good, and replace it with something about universe, world, life self-harmony (you name it).

It really worths the reading, you will be a better person, and you will understand some amazing concepts. If you are sure about your beliefs this book will help you.

Wish you luck. Believe in what you think and the whole universe will follow.

Salvador
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Love Dare forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Nov 2, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Love Dare
The Love Dare by Alex Kendrick (Imitation Leather - January 1, 2009)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (1,363)