5.0 out of 5 stars Read with an open mind
I think many guys, myself included, are in a box when it comes to loving our wives. I did things my way but neither of us were happy, we stayed together for the kids. One night i decided that the problem must be me. I talked with my wife and told her i was going to change for her. The only thing was that i didn't know how to change. I went to the book store and found...
Published on April 13, 2011 by Smack

1.0 out of 5 stars If you haven't read his other books, read this. Otherwise skip it!
Like a couple of other reviewers I had read the original Five Love Languages. It is insightful and has helped me and my wife communicate much more effectively. If you haven't read that, then by all means buy this book. Unfortunately this book has hardly been changed from its original edition and I believe that there should be some sort of disclaimer. Luckily Amazon...
Published on March 5, 2010 by Andrew Michael

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, February 27, 2012
This review is from: The 5 Love Languages Men's Edition: The Secret to Love That Lasts (Paperback)
My husband and I read these books while I was deployed. They were amazing and it opened up communication lines for us quite a bit. It seemed like there were so many parts in the book that applied to us and our relationship. This is a MUST read for any relationship!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Owners Manual for Love, February 27, 2010
A great book that every man should read. Period. If you THINK you know how to love, you are committing the first error.

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally a non-gender based taxonomy of interpersonal communication, July 12, 2010
While much has been written about interpersonal communication, many of the existing writings stereotype females communicating with an emphasis on feelings and relationship and males communicating with an emphasis on status and tasks.

Are you feeling "under-loved" by someone important to you? Is someone important feeling under-loved by you? Perhaps you're communicating through different "languages".

Finally, someone (Gary Chapman) is recognizing that we all want to feel loved and suggesting that each of us might interpret "being loved" through different forms of communication--the five languages.

The Five Languages of Love is an intersting and thought-provoking read...comparably applicable to your significant-other, your family, friends and colleagues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book, June 6, 2014
Well written and wording spoke to my heart and really helped me to see the things I didn't do and I applied the applications to my own relationship and found out that they REALLY do work. Thank Dr. Garry Chapman and Dr. William Wilson who recommended this book and now I'm recommending it to those who want to make their relationship better. TRULY AWESOME

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will make sure that me and my spouse will suceed in our relation, June 3, 2014
I choose this rating because this book really give me the clue that everyone is not speaking the same language in a relation.

What I like the most is that they come up with real examples on couples that struggle and solve it by learning each others love language.

I recommend this book to everyone who have problems in their relation and everyone who is on their way into a new relation who want this to be their last and most successful relationship.

5.0 out of 5 stars An effective framework for understanding how to give those you love affection, May 28, 2014
Normally I'm dismissive of the latest 'it book' that lays bare all the secrets of interpersonal interaction. However, I found this book really useful in helping me understand how I'd missed the mark in showing someone dear to me affection. Most importantly I've come to understand better what makes me feel loved. This is supremely useful on it's own and has helped me forge new relationships with what I want in mind.

So, if you're looking to know yourself better and understand how you feel loved or you just want to have a tool set for understanding how to show love to those you care about in ways they will appreciate most, this a good place to start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, May 10, 2014
A page turner! I learned my love language and my girlfriend (now fiancé) learned hers. We make a concerted effort to speak each other's language to each other. IT WORKS!!! Best of all, the application is easy once you know the love language of your spouse, boyfriend/girlfriend. Practical application points follow each chapter on the different love languages so the reader can "speak" the right language immediately. This is like Rosetta Stone for relationships. In fact the practical application can be applied to ALL relationships. Buy it. Read it. Implement it. It is worth the cost in both money and time.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must read even if you are dating!, February 22, 2014
This is a great book that every married couple should read. Even if you are dating get to know each other's love language.

4.0 out of 5 stars hubby actually read it!, November 27, 2013
I bought one for me and one for my husband as we sailed the Caribbean seas. Very good choice for vacationing

5.0 out of 5 stars the best book ever, July 23, 2011
this is the best book i have ever read. its great for couples.... if you are to get married married ,have any troubles in your relationship or just want yours to be the best.... read it! you will not regret it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›

The 5 Love Languages Men's Edition: The Secret to Love That Lasts
The 5 Love Languages Men's Edition: The Secret to Love That Lasts by Gary D Chapman (Paperback - January 1, 2010)
$14.99 $8.90