Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on March 5, 2010
Like a couple of other reviewers I had read the original Five Love Languages. It is insightful and has helped me and my wife communicate much more effectively. If you haven't read that, then by all means buy this book. Unfortunately this book has hardly been changed from its original edition and I believe that there should be some sort of disclaimer. Luckily Amazon accepted the return (I purchased the Kindle edition) as I reported this to them within a day of purchase.
66 comments173 of 190 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2012
I previously purchased The 5 Love Languages and thought it was very good. Wanting to learn more, I read about the Men's Edition, expecting it to be different based on what the summary said. But the content is 99% the same as the original, not just the themes of the book but the actual words. I, and probably many others, was totally mislead by the write-up about it and wasted my money. Very disappointing. If you already purchased any of the similar books, do not waste your money on any of the others as they are all the same, as I found out the hard way.
0Comment90 of 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2011
I think many guys, myself included, are in a box when it comes to loving our wives. I did things my way but neither of us were happy, we stayed together for the kids. One night i decided that the problem must be me. I talked with my wife and told her i was going to change for her. The only thing was that i didn't know how to change. I went to the book store and found this book and read it and it made perfect sense and it was just too easy. I recommend you to read the book but only read it if you are willing to change, if you are not then you are wasting your time and no one can help you. YOU must be ready to give love and accept love.
22 comments120 of 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2012
... as the original. There are times when a book needs to have masculine packaging before some men will pick it up. I believe that is the idea here. So this is a book that you would purchase to give to that guy who could really benefit but would probably not care for the original cover, etc.
11 comment31 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2012
Somebody handed me the "original" book a few years ago while I was still married and it made a lot of sense. Unfortunately the damage was done. Being single again I purchased my own "Men's Edition" as an ebook to understand and correct my behavior before moving forward, and not repeat it. It isn't a dating book, nor will it help you with a new relationship. However if you have an existing relationship, are still communicating, and willing to adapt, I think it can help.

Much of what is discussed is simple, sometimes too simple. There is elegance to the simplicity of "5" languages, and sometimes the scenarios are a bit eye-rolling simple, but the stories are told in a non-threatening and straight forward manner. An important point is that you can change you, not the other person. Hopefully there are enough stories that you can see yourself, because you just may be half of the problem. Through your change, maybe it will be reflected back in a positive way. This book helps paint a picture of what that might look like without requiring reading between the lines.

This is an edited version of the original. I guess the idea is that guys need a smack on the head or something. It differs little from the original - other than to provide examples focused on and from a guy's point of view. It is a good read and I found it interesting.

Whether you are trying to renew an already good relationship, or revive a cooling one, this book is worth a read.
on March 20, 2013
I think this is a cut and past copy of the original 5 Love Languages that was not edited well to translate the language over exclusively to men. Buy the original.
on November 1, 2013
I was struggling with things in life and kind of fell away from my wife. I decided to read this and WOW! It made a big change. I have recommended it to friends who are struggling because a stronger marriage makes other struggles seem so much less.
on December 12, 2012
I am planning to get married in October. I read the book first and then I encouraged my boyfriend to read it. The look really gave us an understanding of each other much better. It felt good to love him in the way he preferred to be love in,
on December 3, 2013
Very applicable. I'm single and dating, and it is nice to know why I like certain girls more than others, and why certain girls like me more or less than other guys they've dated. A must-read!
on August 31, 2013
Some things are corny, but I understand the jist of it. I like how Chapman has categorized 5 different values. I think though not everyone will align with only one, but perhaps a blending.