5.0 out of 5 stars Low Oxalate Cookbook: Book 2
Published on February 7, 2010 by Kidney Stone Patient

Published 6 months ago by Terry Soszynski

5.0 out of 5 stars Low Oxalate Cookbook: Book 2, February 7, 2010
This review is from: The Low Oxalate Cookbook: Book 2 (Hardcover-spiral)
This book has been an excellent source in maintaining a low oxalate diet. There is a specific listing toward the end of the book which gives specific QUANTITIES of oxalates of individual foods, by food category. This has been most helpful in determining whether or not to include that individual food in my diet (low, moderate, high or VERY HIGH, such as spinach). Many of the websites I researched were either vague on individual values or they were contradictory to other websites. This list is quite comprehensive. My personal reason for going LOD is to prevent future kidney stones, as per the instructions of my nephrologist. It is not a casual choice, but an absolute necessity for my future. The recipes are fairly easy to follow and contain foods found at a regular grocery store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Low oxalate diet? This book is for you!, January 15, 2009
This review is from: The Low Oxalate Cookbook: Book 2 (Hardcover-spiral)
Wow, were we happy to find this book. Our doctor told my husband, a vegetarian, to start a low oxalate diet for his kidney stones. This cookbook was a treasure chest of hope and information. It gave us all kinds of recipes and menu ideas and charts. Six months later, his oxalate count was below normal! Hurray! Did I tell you the recipes are delicious, too? Thank you Ms. Yount and Ms. Gottlieb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy from publisher, February 19, 2008
This review is from: The Low Oxalate Cookbook: Book 2 (Hardcover-spiral)
Don't be ripped off by people benefiting from your agony! Buy the Low Oxalate Cookbook: Book 2 (this refers to a revised edition, not a second cookbook) from the publisher for $32.00. See [...] It was written for women suffering from certain "female complaints" effected by oxalates in the diet, but it's equally important to both men and women who suffer from kidney stones to lower oxalate in the diet. (Educate yourself more on diets for kidney stone formers, because this book doesn't address things like excess animal protein--the bane of Americans!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Takes all the guess work out VV, September 22, 2010
This review is from: The Low Oxalate Cookbook: Book 2 (Hardcover-spiral)
Even if this book was just the guidelines and the values table, it would still be a fantastically helpful book for someone suffering from vulvar vestibulitis (although the recipes are a very nice bonus). I used to have to search the internet for oxalate values and it seemed like every list had it's own opinions about where certain foods fell. This book takes the guess work out of managing this disease with easy to follow guidelines that have obvious research to back them. It also showed me that there were several foods I could have in my diet that I thought I would never be allowed to eat again. My favorite example is strawberries. Most internet resources put this food in the high category but apparently they were based on old research. New research shows that it falls into the low category. Now I have one of my favorite fruits back!

I would recommend this book for anyone who has to follow a low oxalate diet, whether for vulvodynia or kidney stones. It will make your life so much easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone with Kidney Stones should have this!, May 21, 2009
This review is from: The Low Oxalate Cookbook: Book 2 (Hardcover-spiral)
I have had the cookbook for about a week now and I love it. Most of the recipes are easy and the charts of high, medium and low oxalate foods in the front of the book are very helpful. I think I might make survive my diet at last!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have, April 19, 2011
This review is from: The Low Oxalate Cookbook: Book 2 (Hardcover-spiral)
This book is incredibly well-written, giving individuals a plethora of information without being overwhelming, focuses on the positive thereby instilling a sense of hope, and of course, supplies recipes which are so helpful and hopeful to low oxalate dieters. For me, this book has been a source of comfort and reliable, researched information regarding oxalates and connective tissue disorders.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative, February 28, 2011
This review is from: The Low Oxalate Cookbook: Book 2 (Hardcover-spiral)
My husband has to follow a low oxalate diet pretty closely due to kidney and bladder stones. This book has been the most informative source we've found. There are so few books on this diet that this was a blessing to finally learn more on it.

1.0 out of 5 stars the recipes in it are useless. I will be looking into how I might ..., July 16, 2014
This review is from: The Low Oxalate Cookbook: Book 2 (Hardcover-spiral)
I MUST BE ON A LOW OXALATE DIET to keep my damaged kidney. I am just learning this difficult to understand diet and this book is outdated....published in 2005!! From the research I've done in the past few weeks, I note that the info about the diet...most importantly, foods that you can or cannot eat is no longer correct. Therefore, the recipes in it are useless. I will be looking into how I might return this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Low Oxalate Cookbook Book Two, November 18, 2011
This review is from: The Low Oxalate Cookbook: Book 2 (Hardcover-spiral)
I purchased this several years ago directly from the VP Foundation. I would not be without it. It is an excellent resource for oxalate levels in foods, and a very good cookbook, also. This is the best resource for anyone wishing to reduce their dietary intake of oxalates. I am happy to see that Amazon is carrying it, and hope that they will also carry Book Three, when it comes out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, December 1, 2012
This review is from: The Low Oxalate Cookbook: Book 2 (Hardcover-spiral)
This book has been a life saver for me. I was having a real heard time trying to figure out the Oxilate content of foods and this book lists a lot, not everything (no one can list everything), but enough to help me out. Being intolerant of gluten, dairy and now needing to also be on a low oxilate diet, I was really overwhelmed. This book made it easier to figure things out.

The Low Oxalate Cookbook: Book 2
The Low Oxalate Cookbook: Book 2 by Joanne Yount (Hardcover-spiral - Sept. 2005)
Used & New from: $69.38